Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVD Collection  (Read 14206 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVD Collection
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 03:56:06 PM »
Thanks Achim... I would love to check it out unfortunately I only have an R1 player... so if it is available here in the US I will get the director's cut.
It seems there is the theatrical version on DVD (at DVD Empire only in Full Screen :devil:) and an unrated version, which says "Original Unrated Cut" on the cover. I suppose that's the one you might want to get. (I have the R2 version muyself, so I cannot confirm about the R1 disc myself).

LOL... thanks... I will definitely be looking into it. :)
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 03:57:59 PM »
Thanks Achim... I would love to check it out unfortunately I only have an R1 player... so if it is available here in the US I will get the director's cut.
It seems there is the theatrical version on DVD (at DVD Empire only in Full Screen :devil:) and an unrated version, which says "Original Unrated Cut" on the cover. I suppose that's the one you might want to get. (I have the R2 version muyself, so I cannot confirm about the R1 disc myself).

Looks like you're right:
Rewind Comparison

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »
I remember someone posted a way to make a R1 be able to play other regions. I took a look through the forums and can't find it but I'm almost positive I saved that info on my laptop.

The chance are good that your reader is already multizone and you just need the code to activate it, no need to buy a 300$ zonefree reader.

Everything depends of your dvd reader brand : you go from easy (Phillips) to impossible (Playstation 2)

A good place to go is there
With your dvd reader brand and his model you will find the information easilly.

Thanks Jimmy! I hope that Pete has one that is easy to program!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 08:16:50 PM »

Earthsea
In the magical world of Earthsea, the Amulet of Peace has ensured harmony between humans and dragons for centuries,. But when the Amulet is broken and a piece of it disappears, it's up to a neophyte wizard to restore balance and stop a nefarious king from conquering Earthsea's islands.

My Thoughts:
This is a Sci-Fi Channel miniseries that I missed when it aired. Since I enjoyed the miniseries "Merlin" I was hoping to enjoy this one as well... and I definitely did enjoy it. This one has Kristin Kreuk (Lana on Smallville) in it. This miniseries is a good 3 hours long... but that time went by quickly as the story kept my attention the whole time. Some day I will have to do a double feature of this and "Merlin"... the 2 will go good together.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 08:18:04 PM »
I remember someone posted a way to make a R1 be able to play other regions. I took a look through the forums and can't find it but I'm almost positive I saved that info on my laptop.

The chance are good that your reader is already multizone and you just need the code to activate it, no need to buy a 300$ zonefree reader.

Everything depends of your dvd reader brand : you go from easy (Phillips) to impossible (Playstation 2)

A good place to go is there
With your dvd reader brand and his model you will find the information easilly.

Thanks Jimmy! I hope that Pete has one that is easy to program!

Something I will have to look into here soon. But sounds like I will have no problem as right now I have a Phillips player. :)
Pete