Author Topic: Blu-ray on HDTV  (Read 1863 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Blu-ray on HDTV
« on: December 25, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »
Today for Christmas my daughter got pretty lucky... she got a new HDTV (LCD)... only a small one... 19in.... but I hooked her Blu-ray to it.... and yes we were smart enough to get an HDMI cable before giving it to her. Anyway after we all got done unwrapping gifts I went ahead and hooked it up for her. Then we decided to check out just how good Blu-ray is compared to DVD... none of us in the house knew beforehand.

Brittany wanted to start with the anime BDs she got. Black Butler: Season 1... and even with that I was amazed. After a few episodes of that I popped in a live-action movie... and we watched the BD of Santa Paws 2. I must say... I am really impressed... and now I so want to get a new TV for myself... and of course a Blu-ray player to go with it.

After watching that movie Britt and I decided to watch some of my new I Dream of Jeannie... and it is true what they say... DVDs look even better on this upgraded equipment!

As I said... this is stuff that Brittany got for Christmas. She is supposed to stop by here later to talk more about what all she got.  :thumbup:
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

Re: Blu-ray on HDTV
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 11:23:25 PM »
Poor ole Pete finally was found by HI-Def virus.

Caution this virus will severely damage your annual budget.

When planning to purchase new equipment wait until New Year has started. Usually you will find significantly lower prices after Christmas is over.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 11:34:31 PM »
unfortunately I don't know when I will actually be able to afford it.
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 12:01:28 AM »
As long as you avoid any gift-infested Holidays and/or large consumer-shows that present the latest novelties (e.g. CES).

At these times prices usually go up (even for older hardware!) and if only to show bigger percentage in the rebates.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 04:29:11 AM »
I've thought that regular DVDs look better on the Blu-ray and HDTV too. 
My mom and step dad still say they can't notice a difference.

Halo2

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 06:43:10 AM »
As long as you avoid any gift-infested Holidays and/or large consumer-shows that present the latest novelties (e.g. CES).

At these times prices usually go up (even for older hardware!) and if only to show bigger percentage in the rebates.

Also, wait until after the Superbowl. Televisions that weren't sold for the game are often on sale after that.