Author Topic: The Real Ghostbusters Episode Reviews  (Read 2040 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
The Real Ghostbusters Episode Reviews
« on: November 18, 2012, 01:07:38 AM »

Episode Reviews
This collection contains all 147 digitally restored episodes of THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS and SLIMER! AND THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS, including a variety of special features: a special collector's box and art, the previously unaired series promotional pilot, plus interviews, commentary and behind-the-scenes footage from writers, producers, voice actors, animators, and more.

The Real Ghostbusters:
The Real Ghostbusters continues where the first movie left off, with the four Ghostbusters facing forces of the supernatural. Helping out the Ghostbusters would be their secretary, Janine Melnitz, and (eventually) Louis Tully. Also joining in would be the green ghost busted at the Sedgewick Hotel in the first movie, which was given the name Slimer.

Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters:
Episodes feature the Ghostbusters as well as their secretary Janine. But the main star of this show is their pet ghost Slimer, who's joined by some new friends and some new enemies.

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: The Real Ghostbusters Episode Reviews
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 01:53:49 AM »
1. Ghosts-R-Us
In Ghosts R Us, after a trio of ghosts escape from the Containment Unit, they decide to discredit the Ghostbusters by disguising themselves as "Ghosts R Us," a rival ghostbusting franchise!

My Thoughts:
Well, this really brings back memories. First episode and I am already happy I got this complete series set. It is a fun episode. Though it is not an introductory to the characters. They take it for granted that everyone watching already knows the character from the film. Which is understandable as popular as the movie was.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:21:52 AM »
2. Killerwatt
In Killerwatt, the power blackouts across New York are the work of a veritable army of ghosts, but the power drain leaves the Ghostbusters' Containment Unit vulnerable

My Thoughts:
A good episode... but reminded me of the movie a bit... having to worry about the power to the containment unit... this time do to a power outage do to an electricity sucking ghost. Not that it is a bad storyline... just thought they should have held off a bit on it. I enjoyed the first one a bit more. Watching these episodes tonight reminded me that I always liked Slimer on this show.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 02:47:08 AM »
3. Mrs. Roger's Neighborhood
In Mrs. Roger's Neighborhood, the Ghostbusters are called to rid sweet old Mrs. Roger's house of ghosts, but the granny isn't what she seems and Janine could be facing a demon in the headquarters...alone!

My Thoughts:
This one I liked more then the last. It had a few good chuckles in it. I know it is early yet... but definitely one of the better episodes... possibly my favorite so far.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 03:24:06 AM »
4. Slimer, Come Home
After ruining Winston's birthday surprise, Slimer leaves the Firehouse for good and wanders the streets of New York... where he soon joins in with a bad crowd of Poltergeists

My Thoughts:
Another episode I liked quite a bit... but not as much as the previous one. Slimer was a big part of this episode... so that was fun to see. This is one I will have to keep in mind when it is time to do my birthday marathon.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 03:30:09 AM »
I always liked Slimer in the cartoon too.