Author Topic: Paranoia Agent: Complete Collection  (Read 2377 times)

DSG25

Paranoia Agent: Complete Collection
« on: November 04, 2012, 08:48:38 AM »
Hello, I'm looking to sell Satoshi Kon's Paranoia Agent: Complete Collection (UPC Code: 013023260795) for $610.00 or trade it for a golf cart, dirt bike, Ipad 4 (16 or 32 GB), Macbook Pro or an Iphone 5.

This Japanese Animation, Complete Series DVD Collection retails for $653.97.  You may verify this by viewing the link that follows: 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/listing/2686200943668?cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-DVD-_-Q000000633-_-2686200943668&cm_mmca2=pla&r=1

Although this item's unwrapped, everything from the box, DVD cases and discs are in "pristine" condition.

If anyone's interested or has any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email, a personal message or contact me by phone at 909-731-7405.

Thank you for your time and God Bless.

Mark

samuelrichardscott

Re: Paranoia Agent: Complete Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:53:38 AM »
Good luck at that price! It's available from Amazon for under $170...

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »
More than luck will be needed.

Amazon (Marketplace) is selling the factory-sealed package for U$ 500.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 12:17:18 PM »
Someone care to explain what makes this set so expensive? I mean it's four disc with 325 minutes according to Amazon. That's five and half hour running time?!
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 12:20:19 PM »
Usually it's only ever 1 reason: Rarity

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 01:10:45 PM »
The UK edition is £17.99 at amazon UK. Still 4 discs and 325 mins.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

DSG25

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 11:59:09 PM »
Thank you everyone for your response.

I'm aware that you can find copies of this rare collectors set that goes way below retail on Amazon.

But the price drop more than likely has to do with the "condition" of the item.  In example, the most expensive "used copy" on Amazon is selling for just a little over $200.00.  However, take notice of the sellers description for the condition it's in: "This item is pre-owned - acceptable condition - may include notes, markings, underlining, highlighting, bent corners, scuffed edges, creased pages, shelf wear, and DVD may show minor scratches/fingerprints that do not affect playback." Again, this is the most expensive "pre-owned" set on Amazon going for $242.58.

Some sellers don't mention anything other than the item being in "very good," "excellent" or "like new" condition.  But respectfully, if it truly is in "better" condition than everyone else's, wouldn't you try to sell it for more than what other people are selling it for who own a "poor" conditioned copy to make "more" profit?

Therefore, with all due respect to other sellers, if the price sounds too good to be true, it generally is. 

If anyone has any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know by p.m., email or phone.

God Bless you all.

Mark

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 12:09:28 AM »
Mark, when someone post only 3 messages and 2 of them are because of stuff he want to sell that doesn't sound like a good way to start. No one here will buy that set for that price, in fact we rarely sell stuff to each other and when it happen it's usually for almost nothing or in a trade.

It's the reason why you won't see my name join the others in the welcoming as I don't trust people who came as spammer or, to be more polite, people who think they are on Ebay...

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 12:34:46 AM »
Sorry Mark,

Nice try to blame the differences on the condition of the used copies.
My point was that at least one renowned seller at Amazon's Marketplace is selling this item "factory sealed" (-> NEW!) and guarantees to sell a legit release for 110 bucks less than your used copy.
If I was willing to spend such an enormous amount, guess which one I'd buy?

DSG25

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 10:17:03 AM »
Sorry Mark,

Nice try to blame the differences on the condition of the used copies.
My point was that at least one renowned seller at Amazon's Marketplace is selling this item "factory sealed" (-> NEW!) and guarantees to sell a legit release for 110 bucks less than your used copy.
If I was willing to spend such an enormous amount, guess which one I'd buy?

I apologize for the misunderstanding and you have a valid point.

I completely forgot to mention that since it retails "unsealed" at Amazon for $500.00 that I'll be changing my price from $610.00 to $450.00.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Mark

DSG25

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »
Mark, when someone post only 3 messages and 2 of them are because of stuff he want to sell that doesn't sound like a good way to start. No one here will buy that set for that price, in fact we rarely sell stuff to each other and when it happen it's usually for almost nothing or in a trade.

It's the reason why you won't see my name join the others in the welcoming as I don't trust people who came as spammer or, to be more polite, people who think they are on Ebay...

Jimmy, if you find my thread offensive, I won't take it personal if you don't come back.

I also apologize if I've offended you.  I'm simply trying to make an honest living by using all the resources that are available to me.

Please let me know if there's any way I can be of service to you.

God Bless.

Mark

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 05:01:48 PM »
Jimmy, if you find my thread offensive, I won't take it personal if you don't come back.
Are you for real?

You are here since 3 days, you took the forum for Ebay and you tell me to get the fuck out...

I don't even know why you are here since this forum isn't as you say a place to "make an honest living by using all the resources that are available to me" but a place to talk about movies and DVDs between friends. If you search a place to "make an honest living" go sell your junk at Ebay, Amazon Marketplace or iOffer they will be glad to see you...

Seriously, I'm here since day one (04/20/2007) and a 3 days old spammer as the nerve to tell me to get the fuck out...

You can thank your God I'm not in charge...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:03:25 PM by Jimmy »