Author Topic: Tom's Horror Marathon 2012  (Read 24365 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Tom's Horror Marathon 2012
« on: October 01, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »
My first time participating in the traditional October Horror marathon. Horror is not one of my favorite kind of movie genres. So I am not sure how many I will be able to watch. It depends on mood and time. It could very well be, that this will be not a regular thing for me, as I don't want to repeat myself next year (I don't have that many movies which would qualify as horror).

I have decided to also try to continue my "Movies from Within My Lifetime" marathon, as I have stopped there at 1994 a while ago.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Tom's Horror Marathon 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:02:05 PM »
     Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Warner Home Video (Germany)
Director:Neil Jordan
Writing:Anne Rice (Screenwriter), Anne Rice (Original Material By)
Length:117 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1, German: Dolby Digital 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Subtitles:Bulgarian, Croatian, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Norwegian, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish

Stars:
Brad Pitt as Louis
Christian Slater as Malloy
Virginia McCollam as Whore on Waterfront
John McConnell as Gambler
Tom Cruise as Lestat

Plot:
It hadn't even been a year since a plantation owner named Louis had lost his wife in childbirth. Both his wife and the infant died, and now he has lost his will to live. A vampire named Lestat takes a liking to Louis and offers him the chance to become a creature of the night: a vampire. Louis accepts, and Lestat drains Louis' mortal blood and then replaces it with his own, turning Louis into a vampire. Louis must learn from Lestat the ways of the vampire.

Awards:
Won:
ASCAP Awards (1995)  Top Box Office Films (Elliot Goldenthal)
BAFTA (1994)  Cinematography (Philippe Rousselot)
BAFTA (1994)  Production Design (Dante Ferretti)
British Society of Cinematographers Awards (1994)  Best Cinematography Award (Philippe Rousselot)
YoungStar Awards (1995)  Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama Film (Kirsten Dunst)
Nominated:
BAFTA (1994)  Costume Design (Sandy Powell)
BAFTA (1994)  Make Up/Hair (Stan Winston, Michele Burke, Jan Archibald)

Extras:
  • Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Scene Access
  • Trailers
  • Vorwort

My Thoughts:
A good movie. I always enjoyed it. Though it has been ten years since I last watched it. I like the first half much more than the second half. It always looses my interest from the moment they move to Europe and meet Antionio Banderas.
A proper sequel to this movie's ending would have been interesting.
(click to show/hide)

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 11:27:22 PM »
     Vampire in Brooklyn (1995/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Paramount Home Entertainment (Germany)
Director:Wes Craven
Writing:Eddie Murphy (Story By), Vernon Lynch (Story By), Charles Murphy (Story By), Charles Murphy (Screenwriter), Michael Lucker (Screenwriter), Chris Parker (Screenwriter)
Length:98 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78
Audio:Czech: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, German: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Italian: Dolby Digital 5.1, Hungarian: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Subtitles:Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish

Stars:
Eddie Murphy as Maximillian
Angela Bassett as Rita
Allen Payne as Justice
Kadeem Hardison as Julius
John Witherspoon as Silas

Plot:
Maximillian is the only survivor from a race of vampires on a Caribbean Island, and as a vampire, he must find a mate to keep the line from ending...

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
I was disappointed with this movie when I first watched. That was about ten years ago. I thought it may have been because of wrong expectations. So I thought I'd give it another chance in this marathon. This movie is boring, filled with bland characters. I just read that Eddie Murphy only did this movie to be free of his contract with Paramount. And it feels like it. He is obviously not into this movie.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
None for me today. We went straight from work to the Oktoberfest this afternoon. I just came back. It is already past midnight here. I had great fun though.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »
     From Dusk Till Dawn (1996/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United Kingdom)
Director:Robert Rodriguez
Writing:Robert Kurtzman (Story By), Quentin Tarantino (Screenwriter)
Length:104 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:English

Stars:
George Clooney as Seth Gecko
Quentin Tarantino as Richard Gecko
Harvey Keitel as Jacob Fuller
Juliette Lewis as Kate Fuller
Ernest Liu as Scott Fuller

Plot:
From the creators of Pulp Fiction and Desperado comes this wild and wicked action thriller about two brothers on a desperate crime spree! Quentin Tarantino stars as a deranged convict who, along with his brother (George Clooney), kidnaps a preacher and his two kids (including Juliette Lewis - Natural Born Killers) and flees for the safety of a remote nightclub in Mexico. But once they arrive, they discover that the club is anything but a safe haven for criminals. Its bloodthirsty clientele forces the brothers to team up with their hostages in order to escape alive.

FULL TILT BOOGIE
From the girl who made coffee on the set of Pulp Fiction, comes the ground breaking feature-length documentary about the journey of the film crew making From Dusk Till Dawn. Features the cast and crew of From Dusk Till Dawn.

Awards:
Won:
MTV Movie Awards (1996)  Best Breakthrough Performance (George Clooney)
Nominated:
Golden Raspberry Awards (1996)  Worst Supporting Actor (Quentin Tarantino)
Saturn (1995)  Best Director (Robert Rodriguez)
Saturn (1995)  Best Makeup (KNB Effects Group Inc.)
Saturn (1995)  Best Supporting Actor (Harvey Keitel)
Saturn (1995)  Best Supporting Actor (Quentin Tarantino)
Saturn (1995)  Best Supporting Actress (Juliette Lewis)
Saturn (1995)  Best Writing (Quentin Tarantino)

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes
  • Photo Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Scene Access
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
I always enjoyed this movie. But it has been a long while since I last watched. I always preferred the first half of the movie over the second one though. I am not a big fan of the look of the vampires in this movie.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 06:22:54 PM »
     Spawn (1997/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

New Line Home Video (United States)
Director:Mark A. Z. Dippé
Writing:Todd McFarlane (Original Material By), Alan McElroy (Screenwriter), Alan McElroy (Story By), Mark A. Z. Dippé (Story By)
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Michael Jai White as Al Simmons/Spawn
John Leguizamo as Clown
Martin Sheen as Jason Wynn
Theresa Randle as Wanda
Nicol Williamson as Cogliostro

Plot:
Imagine a creature on the verge of creation. From comic book legend Todd McFarlane comes the live action special-effects movie event of the year—SPAWN. Michael Jai White, John Leguizamo and Martin Sheen star in a battle beyond good, beyond evil and beyond imagination.

Awards:
Nominated:
Annie Awards (1997)  Best Promotional Production (Promotional Trailer)
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards (1998)  Favorite Male Newcomer (Michael Jai White)
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards (1998)  Favorite Supporting Actor -Horror (John Leguizamo)
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards (1998)  Favorite Supporting Actress - Horror (Theresa Randle)
Saturn (1997)  Best Makeup (KNB Effects Inc., Cindy Williams)

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • Music Videos
  • Photo Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Scene Access
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
Waste of time in my opinion. Horrible acting, boring story. The only thing worth mentioning are the special effects. I haven't read the comics the movie is based on, so I cannot draw comparisons.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 08:49:37 PM »
     Blade (1998/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

BMG Video, Universum Film (Germany)
Director:Stephen Norrington
Writing:Marv Wolfman (Original Characters By), Gene Colan (Original Characters By), David S. Goyer (Writer)
Length:115 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35
Audio:German: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Subtitles:English, German

Stars:
Wesley Snipes as Blade
Stephen Dorff as Deacon Frost
Kris Kristofferson as Whistler
N'Bushe Wright as Karen
Donal Logue as Quinn

Plot:
In a world where vampires walk the earth, Blade has a goal. His goal is to rid the world of all vampire evil. When Blade witnesses a vampire bite Dr. Karen Jenson, he fights away the beast and takes Jenson back to his hideout. Here, alongside Abraham Whistler, Blade attempts to help heal Jenson. The vampire Quinn who was attacked by Blade, reports back to his master Deacon Frost, who is planning a huge surprise for the human population.

Awards:
Won:
ASCAP Awards (1999)  Top Box Office Films (Mark Isham)
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards (1999)  Favorite Actor - Horror (Wesley Snipes)
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards (1999)  Favorite Villian (Stephen Dorff)
MTV Movie Awards (1999)  Best Villain (Stephen Dorff)
Nominated:
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards (1999)  Favorite Supporting Actor -Horror (Kris Kristofferson)
MTV Movie Awards (1999)  Best Fight Sequence (Wesley Snipes, the Vampires)
Saturn (1998)  Best Horror Film
Saturn (1998)  Best Makeup (Greg Cannon, Perry Germain)

Extras:
  • Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Production Notes
  • Scene Access
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
A fun movie, but it has its lengths. It was the first proper Marvel superhero movie and started the trend of superhero movies which still lasts on.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 09:40:49 PM »
     Idle Hands (1999/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Columbia TriStar Home Video (United Kingdom)
Director:Rodman Flender
Writing:Terri Hughes (Original Material By), Ron Milbauer (Original Material By), Suzanne Todd (Original Material By)
Length:88 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1, German: Dolby Digital 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Turkish

Stars:
Devon Sawa as Anton Tobias
Seth Green as Mick
Elden Henson as Pnub
Jessica Alba as Molly
Vivica A. Fox as Debi LeCure

Plot:
The Devil will find work for idle hands to do... But what happens when he chooses the laziest teen slacker in the world to do his dirty work?

Anton Tobias (Devon Sawa, WILD AMERICA) is a channel-surfing, junk-food munching, couch potato burn-out who can't control the murderous impulses of his recently possessed hand. With the help of his zombiefied buddies, Mick (Seth Green - AUSTIN POWERS: THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME) and Pnub (Elden Henson - THE MIGHTY), Anton's got to stop the rampaging devil appendage before it takes total control of his life and ruins any chance he has with class hottie Molly (Jessica Alba - NEVER BEEN KISSED). Vivica A. Fox (INDEPENDENCE DAY) and Jack Noseworthy (THE BRADY BUNCH MOVIE) co-star in this wickedly funny horror comedy.

Awards:
Nominated:
Saturn (1999)  Best Performance by a Younger Actor (Devon Sawa)
Teen Choice Awards (1999)  Film - Most Disgusting Scene (Devon Sawa)

Extras:
  • Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Production Notes
  • Scene Access
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
A fun horror comedy. It came to my attention because of Seth Green. Also Jessica Alba has an early role here. That movie was the first time I saw her in anything. When Dark Angel came out, I associated her still as the hot girl from Idle Hands.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
     Scary Movie (2000/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Highlight Communications (Germany)
Director:Keenen Ivory Wayans
Writing:Shawn Wayans (Writer), Marlon Wayans (Writer), Buddy Johnson (Writer), Phil Beauman (Writer), Jason Friedberg (Writer), Aaron Seltzer (Writer)
Length:85 min.
Audio:German: Dolby Digital 5.1, German: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, German: DTS 5.1
Subtitles:German

Stars:
Carmen Electra as Drew
Dave Sheridan as The Killer/Doofy
Frank B. Moore as Not Drew's Boyfriend
Giacomo Baessato as Trick or Treater #1
Kyle Graham as Trick or Treater #2

Plot:
A year after disposing the body of a man they accidently killed, a group of dumb teenagers are stalked by a bumbling serial killer.

Awards:
Won:
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards (2001)  Favorite Supporting Actress - Comedy (Cheri Oteri)
BMI Film & TV Music Awards (2001)  BMI Film Music Award (David Kitay)
MTV Movie Awards (2001)  Best Cameo (James Van Der Beek)
Teen Choice Awards (2000)  Film - Movie of the Summer
Nominated:
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards (2001)  Favorite Actor - Comedy (Marlon Wayans, Shawn Wayans)
MTV Movie Awards (2001)  Best Female Breakthrough Performance (Anna Faris)
MTV Movie Awards (2001)  Best Kiss (Jon Abrahams, Anna Faris)
Taurus Award (2001)  Best Work with a Vehicle (Leslie McMichael, Yves Cameron)

Extras:
  • 8seitiges Booklet
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Interactive Game
  • Interviews
  • Music Videos
  • Production Notes
  • Scene Access
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
Scary Movie is from a time, when such parody movies weren't overfilling the market. As a matter of fact the success of this movie started it, I think. But unlike the parody movies which were following, Scary Movie was fun. It has some good movie parodies (instead of being filled with unfunny pop culture references) and also good acting.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 11:00:09 PM »
     Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth (2001/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Sunfilm Entertainment (Germany)
Director:John Blanchard
Writing:Sue Bailey (Writer), Joe Nelms (Writer)
Length:83 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, German: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, German: DTS 5.1
Subtitles:German

Stars:
Aimee Graham as Screw
Chris Palermo as The Killer
Kim Greist as Mrs. Peacock
Harley Cross as Dawson
Simon Rex as Slab

Plot:
A reporter (Thiessen) investigates a series of murders called the Spring Break Massacre which leads to further mayhem.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
This movie came out around the same time as Scary Movie. But was less successful. Whereas Scary Movie was funny, this one wasn't. It had some nice ideas, but they weren't executed very well. I originally bought this movie, because it stars Majandra Delfino (Maria from Roswell), Julie Benz (Darla from Buffy) and Danny Strong (Jonathan from Buffy).

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »
     An American Werewolf in London (1981/United Kingdom)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(Canada)
Director:John Landis
Writing:John Landis (Writer)
Audio:English: DTS 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:French, Spanish

Stars:
Joe Belcher as Truck Driver
David Naughton as David Kessler
Griffin Dunne as Jack Goodman
David Schofield as Dart Player
Brian Glover as Chess Player

Plot:
It's a rainy night on the Welsh moors. Two American students on a walking tour of Europe trudge on to the next town, when suddenly the air is pierced by an unearthly howl. . . . Three weeks later, one is dead, the other is in the hospital and the nightmare begins for "An American Werewolf In London". David Naughton, Griffin Dunne and Jenny Agutter star in this contemporary story of the macabre which takes you from the Welsh moors to Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and the grounds of Windsor Castle. It is written and directed by John Landis, the man who brought you "National Lampoon's Animal House", "The Blues Brothers", "Trading Places", "Innocent Blood" and "Coming To America". To add to the chill, there is art direction by Academy Award winner Les Dilley of "Star Wars" and "Alien" fame and specal makeup effects by six-time Academy Award winner Rick Baker, whose work includes "Star Wars", "The Nutty Professor", Tim Burton's "Planet Of The Apes", "Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas" and "Men In Black".

Awards:
Won:
Academy Award (1981)  Best Makeup (Rick Baker)
Saturn (1981)  Best Horror Film
Saturn (1981)  Best Makeup (Rick Baker)
Nominated:
AFI (1981)  100 Years... 100 Laughs (2000)
Saturn (1981)  Best Actress (Jenny Agutter)
Saturn (1981)  Best Writing (John Landis)

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned
  • Commentary
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • Outtakes
  • Photo Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Scene Access
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
I first heard about this movie in sixth grade, when my German teacher was raving about the great transformation scene in that movie, when we were reading a story about a werewolve I think. It peaked my interest to watch this movie, but I was not allowed to by my mother. I was too young for it. A few years later I got the chance to watch it.
It is a great movie. And the transformation scene still holds up very well. Better than most CGI holds up a few years later.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »
     Fido (2006/Canada)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(United States)
Director:Andrew Currie
Writing:Robert Chomiale (Writer), Andrew Currie (Writer), Dennis Heaton (Writer), Dennis Heaton (Original Material By)
Length:92 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
David Kaye as Narrator
Jan Skorzewski as Eating Zombie
Kevin Tyell as Zombie's Victim
Andy Parkin as Dr. Hrothgar Geiger
Lynn Pendleton as 1940's Mother

Plot:
Timmy Robinson's best friend in the whole wide world is a six-foot tall rotting zombie named Fido. But when Fido eats the next-door neighbor, Mom and Dad hit the roof, and Timmy has to go to the ends of the earth to keep Fido a part of the family. A boy-and-his-dog movie for grown-ups, 'Fido' will rip your heart out.

Awards:
Won:
Genie Award (2007)  Achievement in Art Direction/Production Design (Rob Gray, James Willcock )
Nominated:
Genie Award (2007)  Achievement in Costume Design (Mary E. McLeod )
Genie Award (2007)  Achievement in Music - Original Score (Don Macdonald )

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned
  • Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes
  • Photo Gallery
  • Scene Access
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
I first saw this movie at the FantasyFilmFest a few years back. The premise is a little like the ending of Shaun of the Dead spun further. What happens after a zombie apocalypse if zombies are domesticated and hold like pets.
Nice enough idea, though the movie battles with keeping this premise fun. But I still enjoyed it though.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 07:50:14 PM »
Watched now "Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations". I already reviewed it here.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 10:58:43 PM »
     Beetlejuice (1988/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Director:Tim Burton
Writing:Michael McDowell (Story By), Larry Wilson (Story By), Michael McDowell (Screenwriter), Warren Skaaren (Screenwriter)
Length:88 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1, German: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, Music Only: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles:Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish

Stars:
Alec Baldwin as Adam
Geena Davis as Barbara
Annie McEnroe as Jane Butterfield
Maurice Page as Ernie
Hugo Stanger as Old Bill

Plot:
A couple of recently deceased ghosts contract the services of a "bio-exorcist" in order to remove the obnoxious new owners of their house.

Awards:
Won:
Academy Award (1988)  Best Makeup (Ve Neill, Steve LaPorte, Robert Short)
AFI (1988)  100 Years... 100 Laughs (2000)
Saturn (1988)  Best Horror Film
Saturn (1988)  Best Makeup (Ve Neill, Steve LaPorte, Robert Short)
Saturn (1988)  Best Supporting Actress (Sylvia Sidney)
Nominated:
AFI (1988)  100 Years... 100 Songs (2004) (Day-O)
Hugo Award (1989)  Dramatic Presentation
Saturn (1988)  Best Director (Tim Burton)
Saturn (1988)  Best Music (Danny Elfman)
Saturn (1988)  Best Special Effects (Peter Kuran, Alan Munro, Ted Rae, Robert Short)
Saturn (1988)  Best Supporting Actor (Michael Keaton)
Saturn (1988)  Best Writing (Michael McDowell, Warren Skaaren)

Extras:
  • Production Notes
  • Scene Access
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
This movie always entertained me. A lot of the scenes stayed with me since I first saw the movie as a kid. Like the dinner scene. Or the man in the waiting room with the shrunk head. He looks funny, and the idea behind it as a little creepy.
Michael Keaton does a really great job as Beetlejuice. A character vastly different to Batman, who he played a year later. No wonder the studio was really wary about casting him as Batman.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 09:04:06 PM »
     The Lost Boys (1987/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Director:Joel Schumacher
Writing:Janice Fischer (Story By), James Jeremias (Story By), Janice Fischer (Screenwriter), James Jeremias (Screenwriter), Jeffrey Boam (Screenwriter)
Length:93 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.50
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1, German: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Subtitles:Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish

Stars:
Jason Patric as Michael
Corey Haim as Sam
Dianne Wiest as Lucy
Barnard Hughes as Grandpa
Ed Herrmann as Max

Plot:
After moving to a new town, two brothers are convinced that the area is frequented by vampires.

Awards:
Won:
Saturn (1987)  Best Horror Film
Young Artist Awards (1988)  Best Young Actor in a Horror Motion Picture (Corey Feldman)
Young Artist Awards (1988)  Teenage Favorite Horror/Drama Motion Picture
Nominated:
Saturn (1987)  Best Costumes (Susan Becker)
Saturn (1987)  Best Makeup (Greg Cannom, Ve Neill, Steve LaPorte)
Saturn (1987)  Best Supporting Actor (Barnard Hughes)
Saturn (1987)  Best Younger Actor (Corey Haim)
Young Artist Awards (1988)  Best Young Male Superstar in Motion Pictures (Corey Haim)

Extras:
  • Production Notes
  • Scene Access
  • Trailers

My Thoughts:
Even though it has a very 80s feel to it, it otherwise has aged very well. Especially the effects and vampire makeup). It is a very good vampire movie. I was surprised to see Bill from Bill & Ted as a vampire here.

Rating: