Author Topic: Addicted2DVD's Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon  (Read 16724 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2DVD's Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
Taking a short break from horror... Brittany and I been watching The Big Bang Theory episodes for the past day and a half.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2012, 06:53:01 PM »
 :redcard:
Didn't knew we can do that as I really want to watch the Roger Watkins set I got two weeks ago since it appears in my mailbox :(

It's just three days so I'll wait a little bit more :(

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2012, 11:19:21 AM »
Why not?... I never watched strictly nothing but horror in October. I attempt that and I get burned out very quickly.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2012, 11:49:34 AM »
I don't know :shrug:
Just a weird impression I had in my mind :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2012, 05:33:09 PM »
     Hallowe'en with the New Addams Family (1977/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb
(United States)
Director:David Steinmetz
Writing:George Tibbles (Writer), Charles Addams (Original Characters By)
Length:74 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:None

Stars:
John Astin as Gomez
Ted Cassidy as Lurch
Jackie Coogan as Uncle Fester
Carolyn Jones as Morticia
Henry Darrow as Pancho Addams

Plot:
Since the television show, Gomez and Morticia have had two more children, named Pugsley Junior and Wednesday Junior, and are look-a-likes of their older siblings. Pancho, Gomez's brother, stays with the family for Halloween while Gomez attends a lodge meeting in Tombstone, Arizona. Pancho tells the children the legend of Cousin Shy, a shy spirit who carves pumpkins and distributes gifts on Halloween.

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This is another old recording that I recently converted to DVD. It is a TV reunion movie from the '60s series The Addams Family. It brings back the entire cast of the series except for Marie Blake who played Grandmama. From what I read she was to ill at the time to do this movie. She passed away not long after this movie was made. Unfortunately I didn't care much for Jane Rose in the part. This film isn't really bad... but I definitely prefer the episodes over it. It was fun watching them celebrate Halloween.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movies: 33
TV Eps: 144 Completed Goal: Oct. 11th
Other: 20 Completed Goal: Oct. 5th
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2012, 04:57:20 PM »
     The Good Witch's Charm (2012/Canada, United States)
IMDb |Trailer |
Hallmark Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Craig Pryce
Writing:G. Ross Parker (Writer)
Length:83 min.
Video:Widescreen
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Catherine Bell as Cassie
Chris Potter as Jake
Catherine Disher as Martha
Hannah Endicott-Douglas as Lori
Matthew Knight as Brandon

Plot:
Good Witch Cassie Nightingale (Catherine Bell) is back to her bewitching ways, but this time she’s also juggling a newborn daughter and her job as town Mayor. With such a busy schedule she and her husband, town sheriff Jake Russell (Chris Potter), aren’t getting much sleep. Hoping for a break, Cassie plans a much needed vacation with her new family. But things go awry when a crime wave sweeps through town and an investigative reporter (Geordie Johnson) tries to ruin Cassie’s image after a video of her magically disappearing turns up on the internet.

To make matters worse, Cassie’s estranged foster mother (Janet-Laine Green) appears in town and Cassie’s stepdaughter (Hannah Endicott-Douglas) is suddenly accused of the recent robberies. Supported by her loyal family and friends, Cassie must rely on her signature charm to put a stop to the rumors before they completely destroy the town, and a Good Witch’s reputation!

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This is the fifth film in the Good Witch series. They come out with another film right around every Halloween, this is this year's release. I enjoyed this installment as well. Just like the rest of the Good Witch movies... It is a great film for the entire family. And it is another one I burned to DVD as it obviously isn't available on DVD yet. unfortunately the only one available (at least in region 1) is the first movie in the series... though I would love to replace the other 4 if ever released.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movies: 34
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2012, 07:46:58 PM »
I have watched this show each year .. an though i am not anticipating it I have enjoyed it.  This year I couldn't get to the second commercial.  This one was way too slow for me.  But my better half liked it so that is good.
Thank you
David

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2012, 04:49:43 PM »
I don't know how much I will get watched today... between the hurricane and all the rain and wind from yesterday there has been some damage over here that needs taken care of.

But I am watching something right now... Gotta watch something horror related on Halloween!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »
     Salem's Lot (2004/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Mikael Salomon
Writing:Stephen King (1947) (Original Material By), Peter Filardi (Screenwriter)
Length:181 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Rob Lowe as Ben Mears
Andre Braugher as Matt Burke
Donald Sutherland as Richard Straker
Samantha Mathis as Susan Norton
Robert Mammone as Dr. James Cody

Plot:
Welcome to Jerusalem's Lot - Salem's Lot, as locals call it. Population: 1319. And growing eerier by the moment. Because an ominous outsider has moved into the sleepy New England town's foreboding Marsten House and brought with him an unspeakable horror.

This powerful new adaptation of Stephen King's terrifying bestseller stars Rob Lowe as a writer who returns to his hometown to confront his haunted past... and who soon leads the fight against a heart-stopping force of evil. Andre Braugher, Donald Sutherland, Samantha Mathis, Rutger Hauer and James Cromwell co-star, and help supply proof that when it comes to thrills, chills and unearthly dread you can't keep the undead down. Walk the streets of Salem's Lot... if you dare.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
When I found out my brother never seen this version of Salem's Lot.... I decided to pop it in and watch it with him. While I prefer the original miniseries.. this one is still good as well. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I don't normally care much for Rob Lowe... but he is pretty good in this one. I also always enjoyed the work of Donald Sutherland.... so was good seeing him play Straker... the care keeper of Barlow (the vampire). While it isn't as good as the original... I would definitely recommend giving it a chance. Worth the time to watch it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movies: 35
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
     Dear Dracula (2012/United States)
IMDb |Trailer
Director:Chad Van De Keere
Writing:Brad Birch (Writer)
Length:43 min.

Stars:
Ray Liotta as Count Dracula
Emilio Estevez as Mirrow
Ariel Winter as Emma
Nathan Gamble as Sam
Marion Ross as Grandma

Plot:
 Dear Dracula is about Sam, who decides to write to Dracula for Halloween because he can't wait until Christmas to write to Santa. Much to his surprise, Dracula personally responds showing up at Sam's doorstep (yikes!) and turning his life upside down.

My Thoughts:
I just watched this short Cartoon Network animated movie. I wasn't expecting much of anything going into it... but I found I actually enjoyed it. I got a kick out of when Sam had Dracula watch some horror movies with him and at the end of the movies Dracula went on a rant on how vampires don't sparkle in the sunlight! They burn and turn to ash! As you can see by the cast list this one has some pretty big names in it. Over-all I have seen better... but this is a cute little animated movie.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movies: 36
Pete