Author Topic: Celebrity of the Week Marathon: Sandra Bullock  (Read 8232 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Celebrity of the Week Marathon: Sandra Bullock
« on: July 23, 2012, 01:42:16 AM »
Celebrity of the Week Marathon
Sandra Bullock
Sandra Bullock (born July 26, 1964) is an American actress and producer who rose to fame in the 1990s after roles in successful films such as Demolition Man, Speed, The Net, A Time to Kill, and While You Were Sleeping. In the new millennium, she appeared in such films as Miss Congeniality, The Lake House, and Crash, the third of which received critical acclaim. In 2007, she was ranked as the 14th richest female celebrity with an estimated fortune of US$85 million. In 2009, Bullock starred in two of the more financially successful films of her career, The Proposal and The Blind Side. Bullock was awarded a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress, a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role, and the Academy Award for Best Actress, for her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy in The Blind Side. She is listed in the 2012 edition of the Guinness Book Of World Records as the highest-paid actress, with $56 million.

This marathon will be running from Monday the 23rd through Sunday the 29th.
The idea behind this marathon is that I will ATTEMPT to watch at least 1 movie per day for an entire week with the chosen celebrity. I picked Sandra Bullock for this week's marathon for two reasons. She is a long time favorite actress of mine... and this coming Thursday (the 26th) is her birthday. I have attempted this type of marathon more then  once before... with very little success. But I am hoping this week's attempt will be successful.

My Sandra Bullock Collection:
Titles in bold are movies I never watched before.
- 28 Days
- Bionic Showdown
- The Blind Side
- Crash
- Demolition Man
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
- Force of Nature
- Hangmen
- Infamous
- The Lake House
- Love Potion #9
- Miss Congeniality
- Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous
- Murder By Numbers
- The Net
- Practical Magic
- Premonition
- The Proposal
- Speed
- Speed 2: Cruise Control
- A Time to Kill
- Two Week Notice
- The Vanishing
- While You Were Sleeping
- Who Shot Pat

It would be nice if I could get all 25 movies I own with her watched within the next week... but that is highly unlikely! But hopefully I will get a nice amount watched before this time next week.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:46:31 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrity of the Week Marathon: Sandra Bullock
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 02:26:13 AM »
As if you needed an excuse to watch Sandra Bullock's movies :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 02:35:35 AM »
 :laugh: But hey... I been good. I haven't watched any of her movies in quite a while now!  :tease:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 03:43:47 AM »
Unhuh.......  Though I thought I saw you watching Miss Congeniality again not that long ago. ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 03:54:52 AM »
Just checked my profile... where I track my watched dates... last time I watched Miss Congeniality was on Sandra Bullock's birthday last year. July 26, 2011. So its basically been a year since I watched it. :P
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 06:18:15 AM »
Make sure you watch Crash. It's a dramatic role, but I remember her being quite good in it.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 06:33:02 AM »
I wonder if she was in a musical Pete would finally appreciate music... I think he love her enough for singing and moving his feet happilly watching her ;D

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 06:52:58 AM »
There is a little singing in Miss Congeniality...they sing the song for the pageant at one point...and music in a few scenes.  I don't recall Pete complaining about that before though.

It's been a year?  Really?  Hmm...I could have sworn you posted something about it a few months ago.  Hmm..Oh well...don't mind me.  I've just lost my mind.   :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 06:57:08 AM »
There is a little singing in Miss Congeniality...they sing the song for the pageant at one point...and music in a few scenes.  I don't recall Pete complaining about that before though.
Maybe he puts his hands to his ears and says "lalalalalala" until it's over :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 02:15:55 PM »
 :laugh: Over the years I learned to drown out music in films... to the point of basically not even hearing it... as long as it isn't a big part of the movie I am able to get past it. And if it does start to bug me if there is no talking over top the music I can just hit the mute button. Not by accident that the print on my mute button is worn off! :P
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »
Not by accident that the print on my mute button is worn off! :P
:o

:hmmmm:

:hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:59 PM »
     Crash: Widescreen (2005/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Lions Gate Home Entertainment
Director:Paul Haggis
Writing:Paul Haggis (Original Material By), Paul Haggis (Screenwriter), Bobby Moresco (Screenwriter)
Length:112 min.
Rating:Rated R : Language, Sexual Content and Some Violence
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Karina Arroyave as Elizabeth
Dato Bakhtadze as Lucien
Sandra Bullock as Jean
Don Cheadle as Graham
Art Chudabala as Ken Ho
Sean Cory as Motorcycle Cop

Plot:
This compelling urban thriller tracks the volatile intersection of a multiethnic cast of characters struggling to overcome their fears as they careen in and out of one another's lives. In the gray area between black and white, victim and aggressor, during the next 36 hours, they will all collide.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned
  • Introduction by Paul Haggis

My Thoughts:
This is a movie a friend gave me a couple years ago. It is one I never even heard of before. Matter of fact... I never even saw the trailer for this movie before this morning. After watching it... I really don't know what I think of this one. I didn't hate it... but at the same time it didn't even come close to blowing me away. I found it to be on a bit of the slow side for my taste.... but at the same time I found the storyline to be interesting. I would have liked to see Sandra Bullock's part to be a bit bigger. Over-all I guess I would say it is a pretty good watch... but it isn't something that will be in any favorites lists. I can see myself watching this one again... but not often. Basically just an average film in my opinion.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Halo2

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 05:39:09 AM »
They showed "The Blind Side" on network tv last night. Thought of you as I watched it. But, being on the west coast, knew it was over in your time zone before it started here.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 06:15:18 AM »
Sorry you didn't like Crash more than that. Well, it is clearly not any actors film, it's one of those films that looks at many different characters and how they connect at certain points only (a "genre" I enjoy very much). As such Sandra's part is obviously a "small" one, but I thought she was quite good in it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 12:38:06 PM »
They showed "The Blind Side" on network tv last night. Thought of you as I watched it. But, being on the west coast, knew it was over in your time zone before it started here.

That is alright... I have the DVD I can watch anyway. :P I tend not to watch a movie on TV (especially network TV) anymore once I have it on DVD.
Pete