Author Topic: Ice Age: Continental Drift  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Ice Age: Continental Drift
« on: July 16, 2012, 04:43:21 AM »

I saw the first three Ice Age movies in the theater and I enjoyed all of them.  I've been wanting to see this one since I found out about it.  Some aspects of the movie aren't that original, but the movie is still fun and entertaining overall.  There is a potential love interest for Diego in the feisty Shira, a member of the pirate crew.  Granny, Sid's grandmother, is a little gross at times, but she's funny.  Captain Gutt, the pirate captain, makes a good villain for the movie.  Scrat and his antics trying to get acorns still make me laugh. 

The animation is well done.  It is a lot better than the previous Ice Age movies in some ways - the fur on the animals and the water at the very beginning - but it still isn't as good as Pixar.  There are a few times when the fur on a character looks a little off..too shiney.  The movie is in 3D, though I saw the normal version.  From that, I think the 3D has several shots that take advantage of the 3D and this would probably be a good one to see in 3D. 

There is a short before the movie, The Longest Daycare, featuring Maggie from the Simpsons.  It ties back into the episode from season 2 when Marge was in a production of A Streetcar Named Desire.  The short is wonderful.  It is delightful, funny, original, and touching all without any words spoken.  The short  is better than a lot of full length movies.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie. 

I did get a longer review posted at Epinions.