Author Topic: DSigs What I'm Watching  (Read 40037 times)

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
DSigs What I'm Watching
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
     Aeon Flux (2005/United States)

(United States)
Director:Karyn Kusama
Writing:Phil Hay (Writer), Matt Manfredi (1971) (Writer), Peter Chung (Original Characters By)
Length:93 min.
Video:Widescreen :1
Audio:
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Charlize Theron as Aeon Flux
Marton Csokas as Trevir Goodchild
Jonny Lee Miller as Oren Goodchild
Sophie Okonedo as Sithandra
Frances McDormand as Handler

Plot:
Æon Flux is a 2005 science fiction film directed by Karyn Kusama. The film is a loose adaptation of the animated science fiction television series of the same name, which was created by animator Peter Chung (who had a minor role in this film version of his work) and stars Charlize Theron as the title character. The film was released on December 2, 2005, by Paramount Pictures

In a post-apocalyptic future, after a virus in 2011 wiped out 99% of the Earth's population, all the survivors inhabit Bregna, a walled city-state, which is ruled by a congress of scientists. Although Bregna is idyllic, people are disappearing and everyone is having bad dreams. Æon Flux is a member of the 'Monicans', an underground rebel organization who communicate through telepathy-enabling technology and are led by The Handler. After a mission to destroy a surveillance station, Æon comes home to find her sister Una has been killed for supposedly being mistaken for a Monican. When Æon is sent on a mission to kill the government's leader, Trevor Goodchild, she discovers that both she and the Monicans are being manipulated by council members in a secret coup.

This discovery causes Æon to question the origin and destiny of everyone in Bregna; and in particular, her own personal connection to Trevor. It turns out that every person in Bregna is actually a clone, grown from recycled DNA. With the dead constantly being reborn into new individuals and still bearing partial memories of their previous lives, there has been an increase in the populace's troubling dreams. Recycling and cloning became necessary since the original virus antidote made humans infertile. Trevor's experiments, and of all his clone ancestors, have been trying to reverse the infertility. Æon learns that she is a clone of the original Trevor's wife, Katherine and is the first Katherine clone in over 400 years.

One of Trevor's experiments, Una, had been successful as she was pregnant. However, Oren Goodchild, Trevor's brother, had her killed and had Trevor's research destroyed so he could stay in power forever through his clones. In a confrontation with Trevor and Æon, Oren reveals that humanity itself has corrected the problem and that some women were becoming naturally pregnant. Oren had them all killed to maintain the Goodchild reign. Æon is now forced to go up against both her former allies, who want to kill Trevor, and Oren.

She manages to convince the other Monicans to ignore The Handler and help her instead to kill Oren and his men. Æon goes to destroy the facility where the cloning DNA is stored - The Relicle, a dirigible constantly floating in the sky. There she meets the old man who monitors everything. She also discovers he preserved her DNA for years, even though Oren ordered it to be destroyed so Katherine could not influence Trevor in any way. The dirigible crashes into the city wall breaking it down to reveal, for the first time in centuries, a lush and fertile land as opposed to the wasteland they were taught about.

Extras:

My Thoughts:
    I like this movie.  It isn't rocket science, doesn't have the deep characterizations and it certainly can be 'lightweight' at times.  But it is just a fun movie to watch.  And what the heck .. watching Charlize Theron walk around in skin tight cloths isn't a bad thing either <g>

It doesn't follow the animated series but that is okay as it is complete on its own.

I do recommend this to anyone who likes good light 'post-apocalyptic' films.

Rating:

3of5
    Thank you
    David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
    Re: DSigs What I'm Watching
    « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
        Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.0 (2005/United States)

Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:1. ScatteredMichael Rymer, 2. Valley of DarknessMichael Rymer, 3. FraggedSergio Mimica-Gezzan, 4. ResistanceAllan Kroeker, 5. The FarmRod Hardy, 6. Home, Part 1Sergio Mimica-Gezzan, 7. Home, Part 2Jeff Woolnough, 8. Final CutRobert Young, 9. Flight of the PhoenixMichael Nankin, 10. PegasusMichael Rymer
    Writing:1. ScatteredBradley Thompson (Writer), David Weddle (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 2. Valley of DarknessBradley Thompson (Writer), David Weddle (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 3. FraggedDawn Prestwich (Writer), Nicole Yorkin (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 4. ResistanceToni Graphia (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 5. The FarmCarla Robinson (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 6. Home, Part 1David Eick (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 7. Home, Part 2David Eick (Writer), Ronald D. Moore (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 8. Final CutMark Verheiden (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 9. Flight of the PhoenixBradley Thompson (Writer), David Weddle (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 10. PegasusAnne Cofell Saunders (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By)
    Length:442 min.
    Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
    Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
    1. ScatteredEdward James Olmos as William Adama
    Mary McDonnell as Laura Roslin
    Katee Sackhoff as Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
    Jamie Bamber as Lee "Apollo" Adama

Plot:
    Sci-fi's hottest TV series returns as Battlestar Galactica 2.0 blasts onto DVD in Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound. As the epic second season begins, the fight to save humanity rages on -- even as civil war looms within the fleet between the followers of President Roslin and Commander Adama. Relive all the intensity and excitement aboard the Galactica with a supernova of explosive bonus features, including deleted scenes and podcasts. It's a heart-pounding adventure you can't afford to miss!

Episodes:
    1. Scattered
    With Adama fighting for his life after being critically wounded and President Roslin sitting in the brig after finding herself on the losing side of a power struggle, it's up to Col. Tigh to lead the troops. With Galactica alone in space, Tigh is forced to make decisions that could put the ship and her crew in danger.

2. Valley of Darkness
    When a computer virus causes a power loss onboard Galactica, Centurions seize the opportunity to take over the ship. Lee, in the brig with Roslin for being disloyal to his father, tries to persuade his captors to release them so they can defend the battlestar against the invading Cylons.

3. Fragged
    The Quorum arrives to see President Roslin, but Tigh is hesitant to release her from the brig. Persuaded that her compromised mental state will result in more power for him, he relents with drastic consequences. Meanwhile, Lee heads a search-and-rescue mission on Kobol to find the lost crew.

4. Resistance
    Tigh, whose decisions are now influenced by his ambitious wife and his drinking problems, institutes martial law, an act that divides the fleet. Meanwhile, Lee and Roslin break free and scheme to establish a democratic opposition.

5. The Farm
    When Adama reassumes command of Galactica, his first order of business is finding Lee and Roslin, who have escaped with Tom Zarek. Meanwhile, Starbuck recovers in a hospital on Caprica and makes a shocking discovery.

6. Home (Part 1)
    A third of the fleet follows Roslin back to orbit Kobol, but this rebel group suffers from infighting as Zarek and his security chief Meier go up against Lee. Roslin must trust the Cylon Sharon, who may be the link to finding the Tomb of Athena and the route to Earth.

7. Home (Part 2)
    While Roslin and her group search for the Tomb of Athena, Zarek continues to plot against Lee. Meanwhile, Adama heads a mission to Kobol, where he finally tracks down Roslin's team, and Sharon has to decide between saving him - or shooting him all over again.

8. Final Cut
    When Galactica's marines fire into a group of civilian protesters, damage control is required. But when Adama and Roslin invite reporter D'Anna Biers onboard and give her unlimited access to the ship, she discovers an astonishing secret that could affect them all.

9. Flight of the Phoenix
    Chief Tyrol decides to build a new Viper from salvaged parts, a seemingly impossible task. Meanwhile, Galactica is hit by a crippling computer virus identified as a "Cylon logic bomb." Sharon, whose loyalties are still under suspicion, plays a key role in reversing the viral tables, allowing Galactica to avoid defeat from a Cylon assault.

10. Pegasus
    Pegasus, a battlestar everyone thought had been destroyed, surprisingly reappears and its leader, Adm. Helena Cain, wastes no time in asserting her power. When Pegasus' chief interrogator uses strong-arm tactics on Sharon, Helo and Tyrol come to her aid and the interrogator is killed. Cain sentences them both to death, causing Adama to prepare his ship for battle.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
    Season 2.0 does not let up from where season 1 let off.
    All of the episodes are very good.  The only thing i find off, that starts with season 2, is the amount of religiosity that comes into play.  It can become a bit strainned. 
    The characters played by Edward James Olmos (William Adama), Mary McDonnel (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, Jamie Bamber (Lee "Apollo" Adama), James Callis (Gaius Baltar) and Tricia Helfer (Number Six) are all written and played well.  It is good to find characters that you actually care about.

I would give the Season 2.0 a 4of5 stars

Rating: 4of5
    Thank you
    David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 10:24:25 PM »
         Insidious (2011/United States)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:James Wan
    Writing:Leigh Whannell (Writer)
    Length:103 min.
    Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
    Patrick Wilson as Josh Lambert
    Rose Byrne as Renai Lambert
    Ty Simpkins as Dalton Lambert
    Lin Shaye as Elise Rainier
    Leigh Whannell as Specs

Plot:
    From the makers of Paranormal Activity, INSIDIOUS is the terrifying story of a family who, shortly after moving, discovers that dark spirits have possessed their home and that their son has inexplicably fallen into a coma. Trying to escape the haunting and save their son, they move again only to realize that it was not their house that was haunted.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
    This is a very good movie.  It is 'Poltergiest' on steroids .. with attittude.
    I am very suprised that it is only PG-13 as the intensity is very good.  Although you can guess at the ending, you don't really see it coming.
    This is a must watch for anyone who likes spooky movies

Rating: 3.5of5
    Thank you
    David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:40:00 PM »
        Darkman: Widescreen (1990/United States)

Universal Home Video (United States)
    Director:Sam Raimi
    Writing:Sam Raimi (Story By), Chuck Pfarrer (Screenwriter), Sam Raimi (Screenwriter), Ivan Raimi (Screenwriter), Daniel Goldin (Screenwriter), Joshua Goldin (Screenwriter)
    Length:95 min.
    Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
    Liam Neeson as Peyton Westlake / Darkman
    Frances McDormand as Julie Hastings
    Colin Friels as Louis Strack Jr.
    Larry Drake as Robert G. Durant
    Nelson Mashita as Yakitito

Plot:
    Dr. Peyton Westlake (Liam Neeson) is on the verge of realizing a major breakthrough in synthetic skin when a gang, led by the sadistic Robert G. Durant (Larry Drake), obliterates his laboratory.

Burned beyond recognition and altered by an experimental medical procedure, Westlake attempts to rebuild his laboratory and reestablish ties with his former girlfriend Julie (Frances McDormand). But his most challenging task lies within himself.

Torn between his desire to create a new life with Julie and his quest for revenge, the man known as Darkman begins to assume alternate identities in this stunning, fast-paced action thriller from director Sam Raimi.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Feature Trailers
    • Production Notes

My Thoughts:
    I really like this one.  Liam Neeson (Peyton Westlake/Darkman) is great as usual and Larry Drake (Robert G. Durant) is very good as the evil protagonist.  Frances McDormand (Julie Hastings) is good as her role as Paytons girlfriend.
    Although this isn't a 4+ (lucky to be a 3) movie, the writing and directing/filming is very good and sets the mood.  It is, at heart a cheesy civilian turned hero movie.  Reminds visuals and writing reminds me of the old serials.

I would suggest this movie for anyone who likes a good time.  But I would leave it there and not look at the 2nd and 3rd movies in the series.  Liam Neeson did <G>

This is a 3.0

Rating:
    « Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:48:11 PM by DSig »
    Thank you
    David

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »
    I haven't seen the Darkman movies since release. I need to check them out again.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 06:10:02 AM »
    The first Darkman is quite cheesy and the special effects are often not very good, but it's all in good fun. You can see the style Raimi created with Evil Dead and what would eventually evolve into Spider-Man...

I have never seen any of the sequels.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
      • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
    « Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
    It's been years since I saw Darkman.  I didn't even realize Raimi directed it.

I think I saw the second one at some point...maybe.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
      • Cinematic Collection Viewer
    « Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
    I had bought the trilogy in a cheap set.
    I saw the first one, and didn't really like it. The second one, I also didn't really like. Didn't watch the third one yet, even though I am curious about it, because it has Roxann Dawson in a pre-Voyager role.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 04:38:20 AM »
        The Cell: New Line Platinum Series (2000/United States)

(United States)
    Director:Tarsem Singh
    Writing:Mark Protosevich (Writer)
    Length:107 min.
    Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
    Jennifer Lopez as Catharine Deane
    Vince Vaughn as Peter Novak
    Vincent D'Onofrio as Carl Stargher
    Marianne Jean-Baptiste as Dr. Miriam Kent
    Jake Weber as Gordon Ramsey

Plot:
    In order to save a life, she'll have to risk her own.

JENNIFER LOPEZ ('Out of Sight', 'Selena') takes a terrifying journey into the mind of a killer in this chilling, critically acclaimed psychological thriller.

When a serial killer VINCENT D'ONOFRIO ('The Thirteenth Floor', 'Men in Black') falls into a coma before his last victim can be found, a child therapist (Lopez) must use an experimental treatment to enter his mind and learn his secrets before it is too late. The visually haunting world threatens her very existence when she beomes trapped by the terror inside.

Now, an FBI agent VINCE VAUGHN ('Swingers', 'Jurassic Park: The Lost World') must rescue her from the killer's nightmare mind before he too is lost to the twisted world forever.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Feature Trailers
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Featurettes
    • Interactive Games
    • DVD-ROM Content
    • Original Screenplay

My Thoughts:
    I haven't see this movie for quite a while, but it holds up well to what I remember. Jenifer Lopez is actually brilliant in this role. Lopez enters the dreams of children to help them recover from comas and dreams. The visuals are stunning. The writing seems tight in all situations. Vincent Vaughn play the role of an FBI agent well (and i am very happy to see him play something other than stupid roles). Vincent D'Onofrio is also great in his role as a serial killer. Very insane indeed.
    I loved this movie when it first came out and I still love it. Very glad i got a copy of this.
    I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good suspense movie with touches of fantasy. Think 'The Silence of the Lambs' meets '13 Monkeys' or '13 Ghosts'. Suspense and wierdness .. very enjoyable. 4of5

My Rating: 4/5
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:54:51 AM by DSig »
    Thank you
    David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 05:27:47 AM »
         Music and Lyrics: Widescreen Edition (2007/United States)

Warner Home Video (Canada (Quebec))
    Director:Marc Lawrence
    Writing:Marc Lawrence (Writer)
    Length:104 min.
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
    Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
    Hugh Grant as Alex Fletcher
    Scott Porter as Colin Thompson
    Nick Bacon as Pop Bass Player
    Andrew Wyatt Blakemore as Pop Guitar Player
    Dan McMillan as Pop Drummer

Plot:
    First you're hot, then you're not...and then you're Alex Fletcher. So when the sizzlingest tween queen on the charts asks the has-been '80s pop sensation to write her a song, he grabs for another chance at stardom. Problem: Alex can say it with music, but he sure can't say it with words. Enter Sophie Fisher, his beguiling if quirky plant lady, who has an unexpected green thumb for lyrics. Together, they go after songwriting success – and discover that if you want to write the perfect love song, it helps to fall in love. With Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore at the keyboard and Marc Lawrence (Two Weeks Notice) directing, Music and Lyrics is a witty, wacky romantic comedy that faces the music...and laughs!

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Feature Trailers
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Featurettes
    • Music Videos
    • Outtakes/Bloopers
    • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This is a very good romantic comedy.  The chemistry between Hugh Grant (Alex Fletcher) and Drew Barrymore (Sophie Fisher) is charming.  The writing remindes one of the movies of the 50's and 60's.
    It is also nice to see the music bands of the '80s being punked.  Couldn't happen to a better period of music <G>

I recommend this movies for anyone who enjoys romantic comedies.  Sit on the couch, turn down the lights and cuddle with you favorite other.

This is a very good romantic comedy.  The chemistry between Hugh Grant (Alex Fletcher) and Drew Barrymore (Sophie Fisher) is charming.  The writing remindes one of the movies of the 50's and 60's.
    It is also nice to see the music bands of the '80s being punked.  Couldn't happen to a better period of music <G>

I recommend this movies for anyone who enjoys romantic comedies.  Sit on the couch, turn down the lights and cuddle with you favorite other.

I give this 3.5of5
    Thank you
    David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 05:54:09 AM »
        Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:George Lucas
    Writing:George Lucas (Writer)
    Length:136 min.
    Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
    Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn
    Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Natalie Portman as Queen Amidala / Padmé
    Jake Lloyd as Anakin Skywalker
    Ian McDiarmid as Senator Palpatine

** Complete Plot (with spoilers)
    (click to show/hide)

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Feature Trailers
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Featurettes
    • Gallery
    • Production Notes
    • Multi-angle
    • Music Videos
    • DVD-ROM Content
    • Closed Captioned
    • THX

My Thoughts:
    Okay, I know that I am going to take some hits for this one, but I do like the second trilogy for the Star Wars series (actually Star Wars 1-3).
    I find the writing in line with the other Star War movies, maybe a little more thourough.
    The graphics/special effects are very good and i love the characters.
    I have never been sure about the romance that grows between  Queen Amidala (Natalie Portman) and Anakin Skywalker (played in this movie by Jake Lloyd but later by Hayden Christensen).  Seems a little dodgy to me <G>

Other than that IF people had never seen the first trilogy (Star Wars 4-6) then the reception of these would have been much greater.

If you just want a good action movie to watch this is a good pick

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:07:31 AM by DSig »
    Thank you
    David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 06:23:03 AM »
        Bridge to Terabithia: Widescreen (2007/United States)

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Walt Disney Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:Gabor Csupo
    Writing:Katherine Paterson (Original Material By), Jeff Stockwell (Screenwriter), David Paterson (Screenwriter)
    Length:95 min.
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
    Josh Hutcherson as Jess Aarons
    Annasophia Robb as Leslie Burke
    Zooey Deschanel as Ms. Edmunds
    Robert Patrick (1958) as Jack Aarons
    Bailee Madison as May Belle Aarons

** Complete Plot (with spoilers) **
    (click to show/hide)

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Featurettes
    • Music Videos

My Thoughts:
    This is a fun watch.  Jesse Aarons (Josh Hutcherson)Leslie Burke (AnnaSophia Robb) play well together in this growing of age fantasy film.  Over coming the hardships of family life and bullies at school the kids create their own world.  
    This is a 'kids' movie so expecting 'What Dreams May Come' will just cause you to be disappointed.

I recommend this film for anyone just wanting to watch an enjoyable film for a hour and a half.

I rate this movie at 3.5of5.  Maybe a little high but i enjoy the movie as well as the book

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:09:04 AM by DSig »
    Thank you
    David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 06:33:57 AM »
        Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: Widescreen Edition (2005/United States)

Warner Home Video (United States)
    Director:Tim Burton
    Writing:Roald Dahl (Original Material By), John August (Screenwriter)
    Length:115 min.
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), French: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Spanish: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1)

Stars:
    Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka
    Freddie Highmore as Charlie Bucket
    David Kelly (1929) as Grandpa Joe
    Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Bucket
    Noah Taylor as Mr. Bucket

** Complete Plot (with spoilers) **
    (click to show/hide)

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Feature Trailers
    • Featurettes
    • Interactive Games
    • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
    Johnny Depp (Willy Wonka) and Tim Burton (director) are at it again.  Another great collaboration with great writing, directing and characters. Freddie Highmore (Charlie Bucket, also of 'August Rush') plays Charlie very well.  The use of Deep Roy as ALL of the oompa oompas was a very clever trick.  Additonal cast of David Kelly (Grandpa), Helena Bonham Carter (Mrs Bucket) and Christoper Lee (Dr Wonka) as Willy's father was great casting choices.

IF you have see the original then you probably don't like this one.  It is a little edgy compared to the original movie.  But if you haven't see the original OR if you are able to come to this version with a clean slate .. you will find that it is a very good movie.

I recomment this to anyone who wants to watch a fun movie with some suttle grown up bits.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:09:46 AM by DSig »
    Thank you
    David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
      • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
    « Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 11:30:29 PM »
    I remember getting freaked out when I saw The Cell.  It was a lot better than I had expected.  I'll have to try to see it again sometime..it has been years since I saw it.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
    Yes .. i think the direction, photography and artwork greatly enhances the script and great acting. 

Only other things I really like Lopez in as much is a movie called 'Enough' and 'Angel Eyes'.  She was fun in 'Wedding Planner' and 'Maid in Manhattan' but didn't think she was as strong in those.

And i think that Vincent D'Onofrio really pulled off the creepy psychotic serial killer.

I did give the film a 4of5 but on creep factor it would be a 10 <G>

DSig
    Thank you
    David