Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 56385 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #1035 on: May 07, 2017, 02:57:37 AM »

Title: The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Year: 2016
Director:
Rating: Rated R : Bloody Horror Violence, Unsettling Grisly Images, Graphic Nudity, and Language
Length: 87 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Brian Cox
Emile Hirsch
Ophelia Lovibond

Plot:
It's just another night at the morgue for a father (Brian Cox, Trick 'r Treat, Zodiac) and son (Emile Hirsch, Lone Survivor, Killer Joe) team of coroners, until an unidentified, highly unusual corpse arrives. Discovered buried in the basement of the home of a brutally murdered family, the young Jane Doe — eerily well-preserved and with no visible signs of trauma — is shrouded in mystery. As they work into the night to piece together the cause of her death, the two men begin to uncover the disturbing secrets of her life. Soon, a series of terrifying events make it clear: this Jane Doe may not be dead. The latest from Troll Hunter director Andre Ovredal is a scarily unpredictable, supernatural shocker that never lets up. This chiller also stars Ophelia Lovibond (Guardians Of The Galaxy) and Michael McEhatton (Game Of Thrones).

Extras:
Scene Access

My Review:
So, i almost never write reviews anymore, but some movies is just have to say a thing or two about. Good or bad. This movie i've heard some real great things about and really enjoyed the trailer, so when i found it for under $8 it was a no brainer. And i watched the movie last night. And the movie is actually brilliant. Really loved it, the story is real simple, but holy hell. Some awesome moments trough-out. A simple but real good with some amazing spots trough-out. Its a must watch for all horror fans!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 17, 2017, 12:48:58 AM »

Title: Top Gun: Special Collector's Edition
Year: 1986
Director: Tony Scott (1944)
Rating: 15 år
Length: 110 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 6.1 (Discrete), French: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), German: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Italian: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, Commentary

Stars:
Tom Cruise
Kelly McGillis
Val Kilmer
Anthony Edwards (1962)
Tom Skerritt
Michael Ironside

Plot:
Lieutenant Pete "Maverick" Mitchell is an expert United States Naval Aviator. When he encounters a pair of MiGs over the Persian Gulf, his wingman is clearly outflown and freaks. On almost no fuel, Maverick is able to talk him back down to the carrier. When his wingman turns in his wings, Maverick is moved up in the standings and sent to the Top Gun Naval Flying School. There he fights the attitudes of the other pilots and an old story of his father's death in combat that killed others due to his father's error. Maverick struggles to be the best pilot, stepping on the toes of his other students and in another way to Charlie Blackwood, a civilian instructor to whom he is strongly attracted.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Featurettes
Music Videos
Interviews
Storyboard Comparisons

My Review:
Woah, to be honest i havent watched this one in ages. Havent watched it in HD at all, and today i decide to check out the bluray, and the movie itself is ofcourse amazing. Great cast who works well together. Great moments trough-out ofc. The movie is a classic! Nothing to it. A classic. And i have to say the transfer is great aswell. The sound and picture is much better then the dvd. And this special discset bluray got alot more extras too. This set is just a must have.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:50:49 AM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 28, 2017, 05:30:10 PM »

Title: Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD
Year: 2017
Director: Jordan Vogt-Roberts
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Intense Sequences of Sci-Fi Violence and Action, and for Brief Strong Language
Length: 118 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Tom Hiddleston
Samuel L. Jackson (1948)
Brie Larson
John C. Reilly
John Goodman (1952)
Corey Hawkins

Plot:
A team of scientists, soldiers and adventurers explore an uncharted island in the pacific, but their mission of discovery becomes the ultimate battle between man and nature when they ventue into the domain of the might Kong.

Extras:
Audio Commentary
Deleted Scenes
Digital Copy

My Review:
I've wanted to watch this ever since i saw the thrailer, and i've finally watched it. And the movie was actually real great! Lot of big names who worked great together. I've since i watched 'Room' i've enjoyed Brie Larson's work. She was great in 'Room' and she was good in this aswell. Great spots trough-out. And the sound and picture are also great in this one aswell. All in all, a great movie. Check it out!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 26, 2017, 01:37:42 AM »

Title: The Fate of the Furious
Director: F. Gary Gray
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Prolonged Sequences of Violence and Destruction, Suggestive Content, and Language
Length: 136 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Vin Diesel
Jason Statham (1972)
Dwayne Johnson (1972)
Michelle Rodriguez
Tyrese Gibson
Chris 'Ludacris' Bridges

Plot:
Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson and Michelle Rodriguez lead an all-star cast as the global blockbuster franchise delivers its most action-packed, high octane adrenaline rush yet in The Fate of the Furious. Now that Dom (Diesel) and Letty (Rodriguez) are married and Brian and Mia have retired from the game—and the rest of the crew has been exonerated—the globetrotting team has found a semblance of a normal life. But when a mysterious woman (Oscar® winner† Charlize Theron) seduces Dom into the world of crime he can't seem to escape and a betrayal of those closest to him, they will face trials that will test them as never before. From the shores of Cuba and the streets of New York City to the icy plains off the arctic Barents Sea, our elite force will crisscross the globe to stop an anarchrist from unleashing chaos on the world's stage..and bring home the man who made them a family.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Digital Copy

My Review:
So, Fast & The Furious has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Always enjoyed the movies, the car chases, cool cars etc. But the latest movies has turned in to pure action movies with less and less car scenes. Still good movies, dont get me wrong. But not "a car" movie franchise anymore. Still some cool moments here and there. But for the last two movies (9/10) i hope they will go back to what they started with. Would be awesome. But all in all, its a movie you have to watch anyways. And i enjoyed it tho.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 02, 2017, 01:30:37 AM »

Title: Get Out
Director: Jordan Peele
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Violence, Gore, Sex References, Language
Length: 104 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, German: DTS: 5.1, Italian: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: Arabic, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Stars:
Daniel Kaluuya
Allison Williams
Catherine Keener
Bradley Whitford
Caleb Landry Jones
Marcus Henderson

Plot:
When Chris (Daniel Kaluuya), a young African-American man, visits his white girlfriend's (Allison Williams) family estate, he becomes ensnared in the more sinister, real reason for the invitation. At first, Chris reads the family's overly accommodating behavior as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter's interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries lead him to a truth that he could have never imagined. This speculative thriller from Blumhouse (producers of The Visit, Insidious series and The Gift) and the mind of Jordan Peele (Key & Peele) is equal parts gripping thriller and provocative commentary.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Digital Copy

My Review:
Woah, that was kinda intense and a bit different then i expected it to be.. I pre-ordered it a while back after watching the thrailer, and i found it interesting. The movie got a creepy mood trough-out the whole movie, right off the bat you know something is real wrong in a creepy good way. And then all the freaky stuff starts to happen, and the movie takes us trough some cool twists and turns i didnt see coming. For me this was a real great horror\thriller with a twisted but good story. All in all, this is a must watch! Was much better then i expected it to be! And this blurayset comes with some great extras aswell.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • ya_shin's site
« Reply #1040 on: October 11, 2017, 04:32:54 AM »
I liked Get Out very much when I saw it in the theater earlier this year. I expected a rather different conclusion at the end, but not getting what I expected is obviously half the fun. It had some great social commentary wrapped inside the horror film, too, which I thought was done rather well and very much a current affair.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 11, 2017, 04:17:09 PM »
Yep, and this blurayset had some great extras, and including the extras was a alternate ending aswell.. I had to check it out ofc,  glad they went with the ending they did tho.. ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas