Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 126277 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #1020 on: November 20, 2016, 12:16:22 AM »

Title: Ice Age: Collision Course
Year: 2016
Director: Michael Thurmeier
Rating: Rated PG : Mild Rude Humor and Some Action/Peril
Length: 95 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Stephanie Beatriz
Robert Cardone
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Adam Devine
Jesse Tyler Ferguson
Max Greenfield

Plot:
Your favorite ICE AGE heroes are back and cooler than ever in this all-new animated adventure that's mammoth-sized fun for the whole family! Scrat's epic pursuit of the elusive acorn catapults him into the universe, where he accidentally triggers a series of cosmic events that threaten the Ice Age world. Now the entire herd–including Buck, Manny, Ellie, Sid and Diego–must work together on a hilarious journey, filled with nonstop action and colorful new characters, in order to survive the global Scrat-tastrophe!

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Gallery
Digital Copy
Scrat: Spaced Out Mini-Movie

My Review:
So, Ice Age 5.. I've watched and loved all of them. Including this one. A cute and funny story. Amazing picture and sound quality as always with the Ice Age movies. Funny lines trough-out. And ofc Sid.. I really love Sid! Nothing much to say about Ice Age really. Just a real great franchise. Ofc, higly recommanded. And this blurayset offers some great extras aswell. :D

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 23, 2016, 09:48:53 PM »

Title: Room
Year: 2015
Director: Lenny Abrahamson
Rating: Rated R : Language
Length: 118 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Brie Larson
Jacob Tremblay
Sean Bridges
Wendy Crewson
Sandy McMaster
Matt Gordon

Plot:
In this award-winning film, a kidnapped mother and son make a daring escape, and experience a dramatic homecoming. A riveting look at the power of imagination and unstoppable force of a mother's love. Based on the best-selling novel.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Digital Copy

My Review:
So, i've been real slow\lazy with my reviews lately.. Fallen behind on my reviews, watched a lot of movies i havent reviewed yet. But this one i just had to say a couple a words about. Havent read the book the movie is about. But have seen all the hype it got, and i really liked the trailer. And the movie ofc is about a kidnapped girl, who got a child while kidnapped. And we follow them two when they both escape and the life in the room. Real strong story, real great acting from Brie Larson! This movie really had me glued to the screen trough-out. Just an amazing movie, well worth checking out!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 05, 2016, 07:47:51 PM »

Title: Jason Bourne
Director: Paul Greengrass
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Intense Sequences of Violence and Action, and Brief Strong Language
Length: 123 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Matt Damon
Tommy Lee Jones
Alicia Vikander
Vincent Cassel
Julia Stiles
Riz Ahmed

Plot:
Matt Damon returns to his most iconic role in Jason Bourne. Paul Greengrass, the director of The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum, once again joins Damon for the next chapter of Universal Pictures' Bourne franchise, which finds the CIA's most lethal operative drawn out of the shadows. Damon is joined by Alicia Vikander, Vincent Cassel and Tommy Lee Jones, while Julia Stiles reprises her role in the series.

Extras:
Digital Copy

My Review:
Woah. I really love the Jason Bourne franchise. I've enjoyed them all. Even the "Bourne" movie without Jason Bourne, not as good tho. I watched this when it first came out in the theaters and really loved it. And i rewatched it now at home. And wow. What a movie they have made. Jason Bourne as its best! And Matt Damon was\is in his best chape of his life. And for me (who is a big fan of Alicia Wikander) really loved what she's been doing lately, and specially in this one. She's making a big name for herself (specially with her oscar win!) This for me might just be the best Bourne movie ever made! And with that ending, i think we will see a number 2! Ofc, you have to check it out!!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 06, 2016, 09:32:50 AM »
Interesting, Thomas!

The Bourne Legacy didn't impress me, so when this one got pretty mixed reviews I skipped it. I may have to rethink this now.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 06, 2016, 04:43:14 PM »
The Bourne Legacy didnt impress me that much either. Not really a "Jason Bourne" movie IMHO. But this one is ;)
Matt Damon is back! With some of the old crew. And being from Scandinavia its cool to see Alicia Wikander in a big role.
Check out the thrailer atleast, i think you would like it Gunnar! :)
If not, blame it on me! ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 11, 2016, 10:43:58 AM »

Title: Central Intelligence
Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber
Rating: Unrated
Length: 116 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Dwayne Johnson (1972)
Kevin Hart (1979)
Amy Ryan
Daniellle Nicolet
Jason Bateman
Aaron Paul

Plot:
Bob (Dwayne Johnson), a once-bullied geek, grows up to be a lethal CIA agent and reaches out to former "big man on campus" Calvin (Kevin Hart) as their high school reunion approaches. The subsequent world of shoot-outs and espionage into which Bob drags Calvin could get them both killed.

Extras:
Behind the scenes

My Review:
Well, that was fun! I've watched the trailer, and it looked real funny. The story is funny, and there is alot of lol moments trough-out. You see Dwayne Johnson tries to be funny, and he is at times. But Kevin Hart is pure gold in this one. Funny lines, funny body language. He is pure comedy gold. This is just a great funny "adult" comedy, with great and funny moments trough-out. Highly recommaned!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 29, 2016, 10:13:51 PM »

Title: Mechanic: Resurrection
Director: Dennis Gansel
Rating: Rated R : Violence Throughout and Language
Length: 99 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD: 7.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Jason Statham (1972)
Jessica Alba
Tommy Lee Jones
Michelle Yeoh
Sam Hazeldine
John Cenatiempo

Plot:
Arthur Bishop [Jason Statham] returns as the Mechanic in the sequel to the 2011 action-thriller. When the deceitful actions of a cunning but beautiful woman [Jessica Alba] force him to return to the life he left behind, Bishop's life is once again in danger as he has to complete an impossible list of assassinations of the most dangerous men in the world.

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Digital Copy

My Review:
So, ever since i knew there would be a sequal i knew i had to get it. And i remember when i watched the  thrailer for this one, i really enjoyed it. Enjoyed the first 'Mechanic' movie. And this (even tho there isnt any conection to the first movie) other than the hitman story. They made it work, interesting spin on things. Lots of cool moments trough-out. And even tho Jason Statham is getting, he is better then ever! And Jessica Alba!  :surrender: Just wow. My dream girl! All in a all, a cool actionflick worth checking out! Really enjoyed it!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 11, 2017, 01:52:26 PM »

Title: Four Brothers
Year: 2005
Director: John Singleton
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Language and Violence
Length: 109 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: DTS: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Mark Wahlberg (1971)
Tyrese Gibson
Andre Benjamin
Garrett Hedlund
Terrence Howard
Josh Charles

Plot:
Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese Gibson, André Benjamin and Garrett Hedlund co-star in this gripping tale of brotherly love, betrayal and revenge from acclaimed filmmaker John Singleton.

After their adoptive mother is gunned down during a grocery store holdup, the estranged brothers reunite to seek revenge and take matters into their own hands. Defying police orders, the four begin turning their old Detroit neighborhood upside down searching for the mastermind behind the brutal killing. Along the way, they discover they are bound by ties thicker than blood in this emotionally powerful, action-packed drama.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes

My Review:
Happy new year i guess! I've been real slow with my reviews. Lazyness and much work i guess. I use letterboxd tho! Anyways, since i got the late shift at work today, i decided to rewatch this one before i start. Havent seen it for years, and i rememberd that i really enjoyed it when i watched it then. And really loved now aswell. Great  actionflick with the usual revenge story, played by a decent cast with Mark Wahlberg in the lead. Great moments trough-out. Strong story about what family means, and what they are willing to do for eachother. And this blurayset offers some great extras aswell. Check it out!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 19, 2017, 08:22:01 PM »

Title: The Shallows
Director: Jaume Collet-Serra
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Bloody Images, Intense Sequences of Peril, and Brief Strong Language
Length: 87 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Blake Lively
Óscar Jaenada
SurfersAngelo Josue Lozano Corzo
Jose Manuel Trujillo Salas

Plot:
In the taut thriller,when Nancy (Blake Lively) is surfing on a secluded beach, she finds herself on the feeding ground of a great white shark. Though she is stranded only 200 yards from shore, survival proves to be the ultimate test of wills, requiring all of Nancy's ingenuity,resourcefulness and fortitude.

Extras:
Scene Access
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes

My Review:
Well, i've heard alot about this, and the trailer looked great. And a hot Blake Lively in a tiny bikini helps aswell ;) So i watched this last night. And the movie has a great story actually, what a young girl have to do to survive a shark attack and being left for dead at sea. Lot of great moments trough-out. Ok acting sometimes. And the movie is actually very suspenceful trough-out. And this blurayset offers some great extras, while worth watching! All in all a great horror flick! Check it out!
"The best shark movie since Jaws" says on the bluraycover. I dont know if i would go that far.. Maby, but not close to Jaws anyhow. But a great horror flick nonetheless!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 20, 2017, 05:22:01 AM »
I did rent The Shallows through an online streaming service the other day.

I also quite enjoyed it! It is fun popcorn entertainment with quite a few good thrills through out. The premise is set up believable enough and while the first part of the ending (final battle with the shark) was a little over the top, I did like the epilogue bit...

The shark is mostly CGI, which of course becomes obvious in several moments. But, real sharks on the other hand are out of the question to be used and the Jaws shark looks quite hokey too (which doesn't matter too much when it's eventually revealed in full, as the viewer is already invested in the story otherwise...)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 13, 2017, 09:26:25 PM »

Title: John Wick
Year: 2014
Director: Chad Stahelski
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Language, Bloody Violence
Length: 101 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Keanu Reeves
Michael Nyqvist
Alfie Allen
Willem Dafoe
Dean Winters
Adrianne Palicki

Plot:
When sadistic young thugs senselessly attack John Wick, a brilliantly lethal ex-assassin, they have no idea that they've just awakened the boogeyman. With New York City as his bullet-riddled playground, Wick embarks on a merciless rampage, hunting down his adversaries with the skill and ruthlessness that made him an underworld legend.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Featurettes
Digital Copy

My Review:
Well, i decided it was time for a rewatch. Havent seen this movie in ages, i know the sequal is in the theaters right now and the reviews are great. And i really enjoyed this one. Its a great action flick with a typical revenge story, but they does so much more with it. Keanu Reeves might not be the greatest actor, but he makes a great "John Wick" And there are alot of other interesting names too. And this blurayset offers a great upgrade from the dvd. With great sound and picture. And with some great extras. I enjoyed this so much that i've allready preorded the sequel! Check it out.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 07, 2017, 09:42:07 PM »

Title: Deepwater Horizon
Director: Peter Berg (1964)
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Prolonged Intense Disaster Sequences and Related Disturbing Images, and Brief Strong Language
Length: 107 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD: 7.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Mark Wahlberg (1971)
Kurt Russell
Douglas M. Griffin
James DuMont
Joe Chrest
Gina Rodriguez

Plot:
MARK WAHLBERG LEADS AN ALL-STAR CAST in this unforgettably powerful film inspired by a thrilling story of real-life heroes. For the one hundred and twenty-six people aboard the Deepwater Horizon offshore oil rig, April 20, 2010, began like any normal day. Before day's end, the world would bear witness to one of the greatest man-made disasters in U.S. history. Deepwater Horizon reveals the brave acts of the men and women who rose to the challenge—and risked everything to lead others to safety.

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Digital Copy

My Review:
Woah.. We all heard about the tradegy 7 years ago. And now there is a movie about it. And the movie is really great. The story is told in a great way. The cast is solid, alot of big names too. And the movie was what i expected it to be really, there was some moments i really missed. But a really great movie nonetheless. And the sound, wow. Amazing! All in all, one of the better movies i've seen this year. A must see.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 08, 2017, 10:31:52 AM »
Agreed. I was a bit sceptical of this one, because I dislike overuse of CGI, and I suspected that this would be one of those movies. But I was wrong. They kept it very real. Sure there is CGI as well as practical effects, but the CGI doesn't scream "look at what we can do", the way it does in too many other movies.

I'm not sure that Mark Wahlberg would have been my first choice for the lead, but I think he did a good enough job. This is one that I'm sure I will want to revisit some time in the future.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 19, 2017, 05:28:30 PM »
Agreed. I think Mark Wahlberg did a decent job aswel.. And i just have to make a comment about the sound.. Probably the best sound i've heard so far this year. Just amazing! A good suprise there. :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 08, 2017, 12:59:20 AM »

Title: The Eye
Year: 2008
Director: David Moreau, Xavier Palud
Rating: Rated 15 : Sustained Moderate Horror and Hanging Scene
Length: 93 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Jessica Alba
Alessandro Nivola
Parker Posey
Rade Sherbedgia
Fernanda Romero
Rachel Ticotin

Plot:
Jessica Alba is Sydney Wells, a talented violinist who has been blind since a childhood tragedy. After undergoing surgery to restore her sight she learns to see again. But soon after, unexplainable shadowy and frightening images start to haunt her. Not knowing if they are an aftermath of surgery, her mind starts adjusting to sight, her imagination, or something horrifyingly real, Sydney is soon convinced that her anonymous eye donor has somehow opened the door to a terrifying world only she can now see.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes

My Review:
Well, i dont write reviews that often anymore. Mostly because i'm lazy and i found letterboxd. But this movie i decided to rewatch on bluray (saw it first time a few years ago on DVD) and the movie was actually alot better then i rememered it to be. The story is simple but great. Jessica Alba as a blind girl who get new eyes, and stuff happens ofcourse with her and her new eyes. The story had me glued to the tv, and it had some real good and creepy moments trough-out. And the picture and sound was a big step up aswell. This movie was (for me) a real good horror movie. And ofc, who doesnt like Jessica Alba? <3
Check it out.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas