Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 126290 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #960 on: June 05, 2016, 12:04:42 AM »

Title: Joy
Year: 2015
Director: David O. Russell
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Brief Strong Language
Length: 124 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Jennifer Lawrence (1990)
Robert De Niro (1943)
Bradley Cooper
Edgar Ramirez
Diane Ladd
Virginia Madsen

Plot:
JOY is the wild story of a family across four generations, and centers on the girl who becomes the woman who founds a business dynasty and becomes a matriarch in her own right. Betrayal, treachery, the loss of innocence and the scars of love pave the road in this intense emotional and human comedy about becoming a true boss of family and enterprise facing a world of unforgiving commerce. Allies become adversaries and adversaries become allies, both inside and outside the family, as Joy's inner life and fierce imagination carry her through the storm she faces. Oscar® Winner JENNIFER LAWRENCE* stars with fellow Oscar® Winner ROBERT DE NIRO,** BRADLEY COOPER, EDGAR RAMIREZ, ISABELLA ROSSELLINI, DIANE LADD, VIRGINIA MADSEN, ELISABETH RÖHM and DASCHA POLANCO. Like David O. Russell's previous films, Joy defies genre to tell a story of family, loyalty, and love.

*2012 Actress, Silver Linings Playbook. **1980, Actor, Raging Bull; 1974, Supporting Actor, The Godfathers Part II.

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Gallery
Digital Copy

My Review:
Well, i actually really liked this movie more then i thought i would. I've always had a thing for movies that is based on a true story. Like this one. And even though the story was\is a bit of a rough one, it was also a feel good movie that you  knew would have a happy ending somehow. And i'm a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence! What a actress she's become huh? I remember i first saw her in Winter's Bone. And ever since that movie i've liked her, and even from the hunger games movies and to this one. I think she will win more awards and Oscars the years to come. I am a real big fan anyways. And she was amazing in this one aswell. Recommanded to check this one out! 2 good hours spent.

My Review:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 05, 2016, 10:24:33 PM »

Title: Untraceable
Year: 2008
Director: Gregory Hoblit
Rating: Rated 18 : Strong Grisly Torture and Violence
Length: 101 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, German: DTS: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, German, Spanish

Stars:
Diane Lane (1965)
Billy Burke (1966)
Colin Hanks
Joseph Cross
Mary Beth Hurt
Peter Lewis

Plot:
Within the FBI there exists a division dedicated to finding and catching criminals who operate on the Internet.

Welcome to the front lines of the war on cybercrime, where Special Agent Jennifer Marsh (Diane Lane) has seen it all before - until now, when she is assigned to investigate a new untraceable and unstoppable website where a deadly serial killer is placing live footage of his grisly murders. The more people who watch the site, the faster his victims die.

When this game of cat and mouse becomes personal, Jennifer must race against the clock to track down and stop the killer before she becomes the next victim.

Untraceable is a heart-stopping thriller from the director of Primal Fear and Fracture.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Featurettes

My Review:
Well, i have seen this one time before. And i rememered only part of it. But it isnt too shabby really. A good mix between some horror and a triller. And it isnt your usual horror/thriller movie either. Interesting story where you have to guess what happens next, with some cool moments here and there. And some good performances aswell. Check it out!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 11, 2016, 12:39:20 AM »

Title: The Strangers
Year: 2008
Director: Bryan Bertino
Rating: Från 15 år
Length: 86 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

Stars:
Liv Tyler
Scott Speedman

Plot:
After returning from a wedding reception, a couple staying in an isolated vacation house receive a knock on the door in the mid-hours of the night. What ensues is a violent invasion by three strangers, their faces hidden behind masks. The couple find themselves in a violent struggle, in which they go beyond what either of them thought capable in order to survive.

Extras:
Scene Access
Deleted Scenes
Bakomfilmer: Element of terror

My Review:
Even tho i've seen it before i have to say it again. Wow! What a great horror movie this really is. We get some really good scare moments trough out the movie. And some of the things that happens seems so "real" i dont find another word to use. And Liv Tyler is actually good in this one too. And even tho it is a horror flick, there is alot of suspence aswell. And what makes the movie even better (for me) is that it is based on a true story! Love movies that are based on a true story. Man, there are some really sick people out there. A movie that i really recommand for horror fans!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 15, 2016, 11:55:53 PM »

Title: High Crimes
Year: 2002
Director: Carl Franklin
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Violence, Sexual Content and Language
Length: 115 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Ashley Judd
Morgan Freeman (1937)
Jim Caviezel
Adam Scott
Amanda Peet (1972)
Bruce Davison

Plot:
Ashley Judd and Oscar® Winner Morgan Freeman* are mesmerizing in this "fast-paced thriller with a great twist" (WFLD-TV, Chicago). Judd stars as Claire Kubik, a smart and sexy attorney whose perfect world comes crashing down when the FBI charges her husband Tom (Jim Caviezel) with the murder of innocent civilians during a covert army operation fifteen years earlier. Aided by a shrewd ex-military lawyer (Freeman), Claire fights to clear Tom's name, but gets too close to explosing a government cover-up in the process. Now she must risk her career – and her life – to find the truth.

*2004, Supporting Actor, Million Dollar Baby

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Featurettes

My Review:
I've watched alot of tv-shows lately, so i decided to check out this one. Havent seen it before and i saw the thrailer and loved the thrailer. And ofc Morgan Freeman is always solid. The movie was a real intense suspecensefull thriller with great performances by both Mr.Freeman and Ashley Judd. We follow the two trying to solve a military case in court. Alot of great moments and with a great twist near the end. I really enjoyed this one. Great 2 hours to spend on a Wednesday evening. Check it out! You wont regret it. :D

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 16, 2016, 09:08:16 PM »

Title: Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension
Director: Gregory Plotkin
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Supernatural Threat, Violence, Strong Language
Length: 97 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Japanese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish

Stars:
Chris J. Murray
Brittany Shaw
Ivy George
Dan Gill
Olivia Taylor Dudley
Chloe Csengery

Plot:
For the first time you will SEE the activity... and it's more intense than ever. When a new family moves into Katie and Kirsti's former house, they discover a mysterious video camera that reveals the presence of an ancient evil that begins to terrorise their lives. Now, with their young daughter's soul in danger, they must fight back against demonic threat before becoming its next victims in the latest chapter of the groundbreaking horror franchise.

Extras:
Deleted Scenes
Theatrical Cut (88 mins) Extended Cut ( 97 mins) Alternate ending cut (95 mins)

My Review:
So, that movie cost me $10. And the only reason i bought it was because i got the rest of the movies in my collection, so i wanted to complete it. And to be honest about this 6th (7th if you count the Tokyo one) it isnt the best horror movie or movie in this series. It got its moments here and there, but nothing "wow" moments really. Not a bad movie either, but IMHO i think they should have stopped after the 2nd movie. But for $10 its ok to have in your collection. Just dont go in to the movie with big expactations.
All in all, an ok movie. But i think its enough now.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 20, 2016, 01:02:52 AM »

Title: The Revenant
Director: Alejandro González Iñárritu [Alejandro G. Iñárritu]
Rating: Rated R : Strong Frontier Combat and Violence Including Gory Images, a Sexual Assault, Language and Brief Nudity
Length: 156 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Leonardo DiCaprio
Tom Hardy (1977)
Domhnall Gleeson
Will Poulter
Forrest Goodluck
Paul Anderson

Plot:
Leonardo DiCaprio gives "a virtuoso performance" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone) in OSCAR® WINNER* Alejandro G. Iñárritu's cinematic masterpiece. Inspired by true events, The Revenant follows the story of legendary explorer Hugh Glass (DiCaprio) on his quest for survival and justice. After a brutal bear attack, Glass is left for dead by a treacherous member of his hunting team (Tom Hardy). Against extraordinary odds, and enduring unimaginable grief, Glass battles a relentless winter in uncharted terrain. This "totally original" (Calvin Wilson, St. Louis Post-Dispatch) epic adventure captures the extraordinary power of the human spirit in an immersive and visceral experience "unlike anything you have ever seen" (Jake Hamilton, FOX-TV).

*Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) 2014: Directing Best Picture (Alejandro G. Iñárritu, John Lesher and James W. Skotchdopole, Producers), Original Screenplay (Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Jr. & Armando Bo)

Extras:
Scene Access
Featurettes
Gallery
Digital Copy

My Review:
Wow.. Just wow. What a great movie that was! It started of with a bang and it finished with a bang. Not a boring moment, there is action going on from the start to the finish. And let me just say what Leonardo Dicaprio did, some of the best i've seen. And its the best performance from him and the oscar was very well desereved! (Finally!) Movie of the year? A classic allready.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 24, 2016, 11:22:11 PM »

Title: The Boy Next Door
Director: Rob Cohen
Rating: Rated 18 : Verty Strong Violence, Very Strong Language
Length: 91 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, German: DTS: 5.1, Italian: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: Arabic, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Stars:
Jennifer Lopez
Ryan Guzman
Ian Nelson (1995)
John Corbett
Kristin Chenoweth
Lexi Atkins

Plot:
Jennifer Lopez (Maid in Manhattan) stars as Claire , a high-school teacher recently seperated from her husband. When a handsome and charismatic 19-year-old boy, Noah (Ryan Guzman, Step Up All In) moves in next door, Claire in a moment of weakness surrenders to Noah's advances and they have an extremely intense and steamy night together.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Digital Copy

My Review:
Uhm, what to say about this one? I really dont know what to say about it really. Saw the trailer and i liked J.Lo in it, and it is a long time since i've seen her in a movie. This "erotic thriller" as they called it, had it moments, and J.Lo had its moments awell. Was cool to see her again tho. But the movie was too slow for me really to be that really "wow, what a good movie" this was. But i've seen worse, and i've seen better. I wouldnt pay full price for it tho.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 25, 2016, 09:44:19 PM »

Title: The Dark Knight Rises
Year: 2012
Director: Christopher Nolan
Rating: Rated 12 : Moderate Violence
Length: 165 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Bahasa, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai

Stars:
Christian Bale
Gary Oldman
Tom Hardy (1977)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Anne Hathaway
Marion Cotillard

Plot:
It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Featurettes
Gallery
Digital Copy

My Review:
Wow, just amazing. I havent seen this movie since i watched it in the theaters. And i just have to say that it is something complete different to watch it at home. The sound and the picture in this bluray was real amazing. I really enjoy the batman movies and i have to say this one and 'The Dark Knight' is the best ones so far. If you havent seen it yet, or got the bluray. Get it!! Really loved it!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 06, 2016, 02:51:52 PM »

Title: Vice
Director: Brian A. Miller
Rating: Rated 18 : Strong Sex, Violence
Length: 96 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Ambyr Childers
Thomas Jane
Bryan Greenberg
Bruce Willis (1955)
Johnathon Schaech
Charlotte Kirk

Plot:
Julian Michaels (BRUCE WILLIS, SIN CITY 2: A DAME TO KILL FOR) has designed the ultimate resort: VICE, where anything goes, and the customers can play out their wildest fantasies with artificial inhabitants who look, think, and feel like humans. When an artificial (AMBYR CHILDERS, GANGSTER SQUAD) becomes self-aware and escapes, she finds herself caught in the crossfire between Julian's mercenaries and a cop (THOMAS JANE: THE PUNISHER) who is hell-bent on shutting down Vice, and stopping the violence once and for all.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Digital Copy

My Review:
So, i've fallen behind on my reviews lately. Watched a few good movies and a few not so good movies. And alot of tv-shows! So i decided to try to get back on track. So i jusy watched this, the trailer looked decent and Bruce Willis was in it aswell, so decided to give it a try. The movie starts of strong really with a interesting plot, but after that it kinda slows down, and after that it really stays at a real slow pace. Switching between a "real universe" and a "fake universe" and after that things really gets a bit weird. Not the worst movie i've seen, but far from the best movie i've seen. I wouldnt pay full buck for it, but if you find it cheap somewhere, check it out.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 09, 2016, 06:50:31 PM »

Title: The Black Cat
Year: 1981
Director: Lucio Fulci
Rating: 15
Length: 92 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: Mono, Italian: DTS-HD Master Audio: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Patrick Magee
Mimsy Farmer
David Warbeck
Al Cliver
Dagmar Lassander
Bruno Corazzari

Plot:
From Italy's own Godfather of Gore Lucio Fulci (Zombie, The Gates of Hell) comes The Black Cat – a gruesome reimagining of the classic Edgar Allan Poe tale starring Patrick Magee (A Clockwork Orange) and Mimsy Farmer (The Perfume of the Lady in Black).

When a young couple goes missing in a sleepy English village, Scotland Yard Inspector Gorley (David Warbeck, The Beyond) is brought in to assist on the case. But what starts off as routine investigation turns into a murder mystery inquiry when the couple are found dead in mysterious circumstances.

Fusing a classically gothic atmosphere with the decidedly more visceral elements that are the hallmark of Fulci's films, The Black Cat is too-often overlooked and underrated entry in the Italian master filmmaker's canon.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Featurettes
Interviews
Reversible Sleeve, English & Italian Versions

My Review:
This was a first watch for me. So didnt know what to expect really. But the movie was a great one actually. And even tho this is a old movie, the bluray is amazing. Great picture and sound on this copy.
And for the movie itself, it was a cool horror movie. Some great spots here and there, and they actually made the cat look real scary and freaky. All in all a great horror movie actually. Recommanded to check it out!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 10, 2016, 02:59:41 PM »

Title: Sicario
Director: Denis Villeneuve
Rating: Rated R : Strong Violence, Grisly Images, and Language
Length: 121 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD: 7.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Emily Blunt
Benicio Del Toro
Josh Brolin
Victor Garber
Jon Bernthal
Daniel Kaluuya

Plot:
FROM THE DIRECTOR OF PRISONERS comes this taut, critically acclaimed thriller filled with pulse-pounding suspense. After an idealistic FBI agent (Emily Blunt) is recruited by a government task-force official (Josh Brolin) to pursue a drug lord, she begins a perilous mission that forces her to question everything she believes–and pits her against a shadowy consultant (Oscar® winner* Benicio Del Toro) with a dangerous agenda.

*2000, Actor in a Supporting Role, Traffic

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Digital Copy

My Review:
Well, that was fun! I've heard alot of great things about this movie, and with good reason too. Great action flick with alot of great moments and scenes trough out. Not really a dull moment. And i just have to say what a great job Emily Blunt did in this. Best performance from her IMHO. I've seen her in a few other movies, but this one she was really awesome. Great actress there. Check it out! Highly recommanded if you like Action, or just a good movie.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 10, 2016, 04:36:08 PM »

Title: Cake
Year: 2014
Director: Daniel Barnz
Rating: Rated 15 : Very Strong Language, Strong Sex, Drug Misuse, Suicide References
Length: 102 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: : , German: : , French: : , Italian: :
Subtitles: English, French, German, Italian

Stars:
Jennifer Aniston (1969)
Adriana Barraza
Anna Kendrick
Sam Worthington
Mamie Gummer
Felicity Huffman

Plot:
CAKE takes us into the darkly funny world of Claire Bennett (Jennifer Aniston) who initiates a dubious relationship with a widower (Sam Worthington) while confronting fantastical hallucinations of his dead wife (Anna Kendrick). With her feisty housekeeper come caretaker (Adriana Barraza) ever at her side, Claire searches for human connection and self-forgiveness in this tale of personal redemption.

Extras:
Scene Access
Featurettes

My Review:
Well, i bought this movie just because of Jennifer Aniston. Its nice to see her play in something other than the comedies she usually plays in! And i have to admit that i got a thing for Jennifer Aniston, had it since her Friends days. And i'll be honest with you guys, it isnt a movie for everybody. Its a dark movie in alot of ways. But i really liked it because of Jennifer Aniston. And let me just say that Jennifer Aniston plays the role of her life in this movie. Best performance from her so far in her career. If you are a fan of Jennifer Aniston, this a must see. Never seen her better! Amazing.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 12, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »

Title: Vanishing Point
Year: 1971
Director: Richard C. Sarafian
Rating: Rated R : Sensuality/Nudity and Drug Content
Length: 106 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Chinese, English, Spanish

Stars:
Barry Newman
Cleavon Little
Dean Jagger
Victoria Medlin
Paul Koslo
Robert Donner [Bob Donner]

Plot:
Barry Newman stars as Kowalski, the last American hero, who sets out to prove he can still drive from Denver to San Francisco in just fifteen hours. Along the way, he meets an old prospector, a nude woman on a motorcycle, and a blind D.J. who "sees" danger ahead in this super-charged, action-packed adventure!

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Interactive Games
Closed Captioned
Picture-in-picture
UK Version; D-Box; Virtual Dashboard; Trivia Track

My Review:
Well, that was a fun ride i guess. I got recommanded this movie from a family member. Who really love this movie, so i decided to give it a try. And it is a cool car-chase movie. Old but still fairly decent though. Had some good scenes trough-out, and some good chases too. BUT they could have done just a bit more with the cool cars and the chases IMHO, to make this a really GREAT movie. Not a bad movie at all, but not the best i've seen either. But worth a look for a cheap penny. And this blurayset got some cool extras aswell.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 12, 2016, 10:01:17 PM »

Title: Truth
Director: James Vanderbilt
Rating: Rated R : Language and A Brief Nude Photo
Length: 125 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Commentary

Stars:
Cate Blanchett
Robert Redford
Topher Grace
Dennis Quaid
Elisabeth Moss
Bruce Greenwood

Plot:
Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett star in TRUTH, based on a riveting true story of one of network news' biggest scandals. As a renowned producer and close associate of Dan Rather (Redford), Mary Mapes (Blanchett) believes she's broken the biggest story of the 2004 election: revelations of a sitting U.S. President's military service. But when allegations come pouring in, sources change their stories, document authenticity is questioned and the casualties begin to mount. This dramatic thriller goes behind the scenes to expose the intricacies of journalistic integrity and what it takes to reveal the TRUTH.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Interviews
Digital Copy

My Review:
Well, i didnt know much about the story really, but really liked the thrailer of the movie and i decided to give it a try. And let me just say the movie didnt dissapoint me at all. The movie reminded me a bit of 'All The President Men really. It was interesting to see how they worked to find the truth about the story they worked on, and how powerfull people worked against them. Solid cast here that worked really well together! And this bluray got a ton of cool extras too. I would recommand you to watch this one! Really enjoyed it.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 13, 2016, 03:47:39 PM »

Title: The Unborn: Extended Cut
Year: 2009
Director: David S. Goyer
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Horror
Length: 89 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, German: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, German, Spanish

Stars:
Odette Yustman
Gary Oldman
Cam Gigandet
Meagan Good
Idris Elba
Jane Alexander (1939)

Plot:
Enter a world of unrelenting evil as terror finds a new form in The Unborn. From the producers of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the co-writer of The Dark Knight comes this shocking supernatural thriller about a young woman (Odette Yustman) plagued by chilling dreams and tortured by a demonic ghost that haunts her waking hours. Her only hope to break the debilitating paranormal curse is in an exorcism with spiritual advisor Sendak (Gary Oldman). See what lies beyond the doorway of our world in this non-stop nightmare of the undead...

Extras:
Scene Access
Deleted Scenes
BD-Live
Theatrical and Unrated Versions of Movie

My Review:
This is actually a very underrated horrorflick if you ask me. It got a cool story with some good spots trough-out. And we got a great cast that works together well. I remembered i watched when it first came out, and this unrated version have some scenes in it wich we didnt see in the teathers. Wich is always good! I really enjoyed this flick, and i would recommand it!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas