Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 126294 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #900 on: January 11, 2015, 02:13:44 AM »

Title: Fritt vilt II/ Cold Prey II
Year: 2008
Director: Mats Stenberg
Rating: 15 år
Length: 90 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.45:1
Audio: Norwegian: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo, Norwegian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Norwegian: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

Stars:
Ingrid Bolsø Berdal
Marthe Snorresdotter Rovik
Kim Wifladt
Johanna Mørck
Fridtjov Såheim
Per Schaanning

Plot:
Jannicke is found wandering, shocked, in the snow in Stehotinn by Ole who takes her to the Otta Sjukehus Hospital where his girlfriend Dr. Camilla works. Jannicke reveals the location of where the bodies of her friends Eirik, Mikail and Ingunn and the psychopath killer are to the skeptical police officers. When they investigate the location, they find the corpses and take them to the morgue of the same hospital. Dr. Herman revives the psychopath while the Chief of Police Einar investigates many missing persons in the spot.

Extras:
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Outtakes/Bloopers

My Review:
Another good movie in the series. The movie starts off a bit after the first movie ended. And we are in a hospital this time. Where we follow one of the surivors. And ofc in a horror flick and hospitals, bad things happens. For me this is maby the best Norwegian\Scandinavian horror frenchise made. If you enjoy a good horror flick you should check this series out.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 29, 2015, 01:03:22 PM »

Title: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Year: 1981
Director: Steven Spielberg
Rating: PG
Length: 115 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, English, Finnish, French, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, German

Stars:
Harrison Ford (1942)
Karen Allen
Paul Freeman (1943)
Ronald Lacey
John Rhys-Davies
Denholm Elliott

Plot:
Join the legendary hero Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) in one of the greatest screen adventures of all time. Accompanied by his feisty, independent ex-flame Marion Ravenwood (Karen Allen), the two-fisted archaeologist embarks on a thrilling quest to locate the mystical Ark of the Covenant. Indy must discover the Ark before the Nazis do, and he has to survive poison, traps, snakes and treachery to do so. Explore the darkest jungles of South America, the bustling marketplaces of Cairo, and a top-secret submarine base with Indiana Jones as your guide to adventure. And finally witness the power of the Lost Ark unleashed as Indy stays one step ahead of the Nazis.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
THX

My Review:
I was suddenly in the mood for some Indiana Jones, havent watched the tranfser to HD. And it was ages since i saw it last time. So i had to check it out. Great movie ofc, a great Harrison Ford as Mr.Indiana! Wont say too much about the movie, but i really liked the transfer tho! Great start to the franchise! If you enjoy Indiana Jones, the HD is worth the doubledip so far.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 01, 2015, 11:28:45 AM »

Title: Mammon
Year: 2014
Director:
Length: 348 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: Norwegian: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Norsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Norwegian

Stars:
Jon Øigarden
Lena Kristin Ellingsen
Nils Ole Oftebro
Ingjerd Egeberg

Plot:
Peter Verås er gravende journalist i Norges største avis. En dag blir han kontaktet av en anonym kilde, som gir ham knusende informasjon om hans egen bror, direktør i et av Norges største selskaper. Peter velger likevel å ha avisen gå ut med saken. Avsløringene får store konsekvenser for broren, og Peter føler enorm skyld. Han starter jakten på den anonyme kilden og får snart svært overraskende opplysninger av Økokrim-etterforskeren Vibeke. Det uvikler seg til en krevende og farlig jakt med tråder til både kirke, politikk og media.

Mammon er en hardtslående konspirasjonsthriller fra journalist- og finansmiljø, produsert av NRK Drama.

Extras:
None

My Review:
Ah, finally i got a chance to check it out. It is a' amazing Norwegian tv-show. A suspence\thriller show. The story is also really interesting, and you have to keep attention because stuff happens and there are alot of turns that you didnt see coming. Great tv-show! Looking forward to season 2!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 02, 2015, 06:44:40 PM »

Title: Lucy
Director: Luc Besson
Rating: Rated R : Strong Violence, Disturbing Images, and Sexuality
Length: 89 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Scarlett Johansson
Morgan Freeman (1937)
Min-sik Choi
Amr Waked
Julian Rhind-Tutt
Pilou Asbæk

Plot:
From the visionary director of La Femme Nikita and The Professional, starring SCARLETT JOHANSSON and Academy Award® winner** MORGAN FREEMAN, comes an action-thriller about a woman accidentally caught in a dark deal who turns the tables on her captors. Altered by a dangerous new drug allowing her to use 100% of her brain capacity, Lucy transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Dokumentar
BD-Live
Digital Copy

My Review:
That was a different kind of movie. But what a great movie it was! I great mix between Sci-Fi and thriller. Fun story that get you glued to the screen for the 1.5 hours. And it is always to see Morgan Freeman. Mr. Freeman never does a bad movie. And Scarlett Johansson did a great part too. All in all, check it out! Worth the money.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 06, 2015, 02:25:01 PM »

Title: Rio 2: Deluxe Edition
Director: Carlos Saldanha
Rating: G
Length: 101 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portugisisk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Bulgarian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Andre: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Greek: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Romanian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Serbian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Slovak: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Turkish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Bulgarian, Croatian, Engelsk, Fransk, Greek, Portugisisk, Romanian, Serbian, Slovakian, Spansk, Turkish

Stars:
Jake T. Austin
Carlinhos Brown
Kristin Chenoweth
Jemaine Clement
Jim Conroy
Rachel Crow

Plot:
Welcome to the jungle...of fun! The cast of the animated hit comedy Rio returns – along with a new flock of all-star voice talent, including Bruno Mars, Kristin Chenoweth and more – in this high-flying sequel for the whole family. The party continues when Blu (Jesse Eisenberg), Jewel (Anne Hathaway) and their three kids take a walk on the wild side and embark on a colorful, comical, music-filled journey through the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit into his new surroundings, he goes beak-to-beak with the villainous Nigel, and meets the most fearsome adversary of all: his father-in-law!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Gallery
Musikkvideo(er)
Digital Copy

My Review:
Yep, another great one. I really enjoyed the first Rio movie when it came out. And when i saw they was making a sequal i knew i had to check it out. And it didnt disappoint at all. Another cute movie, with some great one liners here and there. And the 3D was once again amazing. A great movie for the whole family with some great extras with it. Highly recommanded!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 15, 2015, 08:48:12 PM »

Title: Hodejegerne
Year: 2011
Director: Morten Tyldum
Length: 100 Min.
Audio: Norsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Norsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Norsk

Stars:
Aksel Hennie
Synnøve Macody Lund
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Eivind Sander
Julie Ølgaard
Kyrre Haugen Sydness

Plot:
Ut over å være en mann på kun 1,68, er Roger er en mann som tilsynelatende har alt; han er Norges mest vellykkede hodejeger, er gift med den altfor vakre galleristen Diana, har en altfor dyr villa, og for å holde hodet over vannet økonomisk, må han stjele litt for mye kunst.

Claes Greve er den perfekte kandidaten til Rogers nye rekrutteringsoppdrag, med sin bakgrunn som tidligere elitesoldat og toppleder i elektronikkbransjen. Han er dessuten i besittelse av et verdifullt maleri. Roger øyner nå sjansen til å bli kvitt sine økonomiske problemer for godt - og setter i gang med å planlegge sitt største og siste kupp.

Men det viser seg at Greve også spiller et spill. Da Roger så bryter seg inn hos Greve, oppdager han noe som snur hele hans tilværelse på hodet, og snart må han flykte for livet ...

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Dokumentar
Musikkvideo(er)

My Review:
Well, i watched this when it came out ofc. I really liked the book. And i really like the auther of the book too. He got some great stuff. Harry Hole series. And yesterday i wanted to check this one out again. And ofc, the movie is great, the small things and details here and there makes it just so much better. Great thriller. Highly recommanded. (A Norwegian movie for those who cares)

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 26, 2015, 01:29:57 PM »

Title: Bullitt
Year: 1968
Director: Peter Yates
Rating: PG
Length: 114 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Steve McQueen (1930)
Robert Vaughn
Jacqueline Bisset
Don Gordon
Robert Duvall
Simon Oakland

Plot:
Before the night is out, the star witness for an important trial lies dying and Detective Frank Bullitt (Steve McQueen) won't rest until the shooters – and the kingpin behind them – are nailed. From opening shot to closing shootout, Bullitt crackles with authenticity: San Francisco locations, crisp dialogue and to-the-letter police, hospital and morgue procedures. An Oscar® winner for Best Film Editing (1968), this edgy thriller features one of cinema history's most memorable car chases. Buckle up for unbeatable action.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar

My Review:
Been a crazy month, havent been able to watch any movies at all. Today i finally got a day off, and i was able to check this one out. Havent watched it before, but heard great things about it. And i've liked other movies Steve Mcqueen have been in. And i have to agree with Gunnar on this. Really great movie. Great moments here and there, and we even got some great chase scenes. All in all, i great movie. A movie i will be watching again!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 26, 2015, 11:34:53 PM »
Good to hear that you liked it. When you rewatch it, keep an eye out for a green VW beetle during the car chase. They pass that same car at least four times.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 28, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »
This is really a great film.  Funny how you find/read someone who hasn't seen this or one of the other monumental films .. several of them with Steve McQueen.  Reading this is almost as much fun as finding a gem myself <G>
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 01, 2015, 09:18:08 PM »

Title: The Transporter
Year: 2002
Director: Corey Yuen
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Violent Sequences and Some Sexuality
Length: 92 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Jason Statham (1972)
Shu Qi
Matt Schulze
François Berléand
Ric Young
Doug Rand

Plot:
Frank Martin (Jason Statham) is the best at what he does: transporting illegal goods with no questions asked. But his last shipment, a beautiful young woman kidnapped by slave traders, brings deadly complications to the delivery plans. Now Frank must kick into overdrive to save his precious cargo – and his life.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Tekstet for døve

My Review:
I havent seen this in ages. And i wanted to check it out again. Didnt remember much of it to be honest. But the movie is ok enough. We got some great moments here and there. But i miss a bit more of the car chases really. Its more a action movie for me. Not a car movie. But nonetheless i've orded 'The Transporter 2 & 3' on bluray, so hopefully it will arrive this coming week. And as long you dont expect too much of the movie. Its a decent movie. We all know what we get from Jason Statham anyways.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 02, 2015, 10:12:51 AM »

Title: Chaos
Year: 2005
Director: Tony Giglio
Rating: Rated R : Violence and Language
Length: 106 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Jason Statham (1972)
Ryan Phillippe
Wesley Snipes
Henry Czerny
Justine Waddell
Nicholas Lea

Plot:
After a deadly bank heist, Detectives Quentin Conners (Jason Statham) and Shane Dekker (Ryan Phillippe) are drawn into a mysterious case where nothing is what it seems. Pulling the strings is a criminal mastermind (Wesley Snipes) who seems to kill without warning or reason. Amid with random acts of violence and deception, the only hope for survival is finding an order to the chaos.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Dokumentar
Bookmark

My Review:
After i watched 'The Transpoter' i really wanted to watch this one again. Its been along time since i've watched it. Its a decent thriller, with a cool story with a great twist in it. I remembered alot of spots in the movie, but i still enjoyed it. And once again, you know what you get with Mr.Statham. As long as you know that, check it out.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 05, 2015, 04:56:51 PM »

Title: Inside Man
Year: 2006
Director: Spike Lee
Rating: Rated R : Language and Some Violent Images
Length: 129 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spansk: DTS: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Japansk: DTS: 5.1, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: DTS: 5.1, Catalonian: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Catalonian, Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Greek, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Japansk, Kinesisk, Koreansk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk, Tysk

Stars:
Denzel Washington
Clive Owen
Jodie Foster
Christopher Plummer
Willem Dafoe
Chiwetel Ejiofor

Plot:
Academy Award® winner† Denzel Washington, Academy Award® nominee†† Clive Owen and Academy Award® winnerº Jodie Foster star in this intense and explosive crime thriller. The perfect bank robbery quickly spirals into an unstable and deadly game of cat-and-mouse between a criminal mastermind (Owen), a determined detective (Washington), and a power broker with a hidden agenda (Foster). As the minutes tick by and the situation becomes increasingly tense, one wrong move could mean disaster for any one of them. From acclaimed director Spike Lee comes the edge-of-your-seat, action-packed thriller The Wall Street Journal calls "a heist film that's right on the money."

†2001 Best Actor, Training Day. ††2004 Best Supporting Actor, Closer. º1991 Best Actress, Silence of the Lambs.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
BD-Live

My Review:
I actually really enjoy this one. I've seen it a few times, and i still like it as much. I can see why this movie isnt for everyone. But i really think the movie got a cool story, and some good acting here and there. And they keep the suspence going trough out. All in all, (for me) a great movie.

My Rating:

We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 16, 2015, 02:22:07 PM »

Title: Transporter 2
Year: 2005
Director: Louis Leterrier
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Intense Sequences of Violent Action, Sexual Content, Partial Nudity and Brief Language
Length: 88 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Jason Statham (1972)
Alessandro Gassman
Amber Valletta
Kate Nauta
Matthew Modine
Jason Flemyng

Plot:
Packed with high-octane car chases and high-flying martial arts, Transporter 2 returns Jason Statham to his role as ex-Special Forces operative Frank Martin. Now a driver for a wealthy family, Frank is suddenly called upon to use his combat skills to save the family's young boy from a kidnapper.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Tekstet for døve

My Review:
Its another decent movie from 'The Transpoter' crew. Nothing oscar worthy, but they make it work with what they got. I liked this movie a bit better then the first one. A bit more action packed this one, and we got some more car chases in this. Wich was something i was looking for. And Statham is Statham. He isnt the best of actors, but he's fun to watch sometimes.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 16, 2015, 03:09:16 PM »
Exactly right .. with Statham you get Statham.  And as with Stalone, schwarzenegger, Willis etc .. that is a good thing.  Except for the odd outing one thing you know is you will get good entertainment from them (if you like 1 you will like most).  And not being oscar worthy ... well there are many Oscar films that i have found darn right boring from trying too hard.  Yep ... That's Entertainment :)
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 16, 2015, 09:37:29 PM »

Title: Transporter 3: Widescreen
Year: 2008
Director: Olivier Megaton
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Sequences of Intense Action and Violence, Some Sexual Content and Drug Material
Length: 100 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Jason Statham (1972)
Natalya Rudakova
François Berléand
Robert Knepper
Jeroen Krabbe
Alex Kobold

Plot:
Jason Statham is back as Frank Martin, the Transporter, in this explosive third installment of the action-adventure series. This time, Frank is presented an offer he can't refuse and ends up with a mysterious passenger and a dangerous destination – calling for a new machine and new rules. The stakes are bigger, the enemy is deadlier, and the action has never been hotter.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Dokumentar
Storyboard Comparisons
BD-Live

My Review:
And since i was at it i had to watch the last one too ofc. And this was\is my favorite of the 3. Alot more of the driving\car chases that i've missed in the two first ones. And the story was a bit more "interesting" and action packed. And i actually think Statham did a better job in this. All in all, a decent franchise worth checking out i guess.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas