Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 126285 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #885 on: December 09, 2014, 04:01:16 PM »

Title: Børning
Year: 2014
Director:
Rating: NR
Length: 93 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Norwegian: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, English, Norwegian, Swedish

Stars:
Sven Nordin
Otto Jespersen

Plot:
Roy is mad about cars, and runs Stallion Parts while attending to his yellow Mustang, far away from his daughter, which comes on holiday, while he is to attend a race. Soon he is challenged in a illegal race through the length of Norway.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Outtakes/Bloopers

My Review:
Well..  That was interesting i think. I've wanted to see this movie since it was in the theaters. And i expected maby something like a "norwegian fast and the furious" but this was more like a comedy mixed with a great story about who will win a big car race. But i guess they made it work somehow anyhow. All in all a allright movie.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 13, 2014, 04:24:25 PM »

Title: Sabotage
Director: David Ayer
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Bloody Violence, Torture, Sex References, Strong Language
Length: 109 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sam Worthington
Joe Manganiello
Josh Holloway
Terrence Howard
Max Martini

Plot:
Action legend Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Expendables, The Last Stand) leads an elite DEA task force that takes on the world's deadliest drug cartels. When the team successfully executes a high-stakes raid on a cartel safe house, they think their work is done - until one-by-one, the team members mysteriously start to be eliminated. As the body count rises everyone is a suspect.

Directed by David Ayer (End of Watch) and also starring Sam Worthington (Avatar), Olivia Williams (Hannah), Terrence Howard (Prisoners), Joe Maganiello (True Blood), Josh Holloway (Lost) and Mirelle Enos (World War Z).

Extras:
Scenevalg
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Digital Copy

My Review:
This was a blind buy actually. I only saw some knowed names and decided to check it out. And the movie is a typical actionflick. Lot of blood, lot of fightscenes. And then we get a Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lead as a somewhat badguy. For me it was cool to see Arnold Schwarzenegger "back" as the bad guy. But the story wasnt anything special. And they missed a few spots here and there. All in all an ok actionflick with some good scenes here and there.

My Rating:

We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 13, 2014, 11:15:28 PM »

Title: The Expendables 3: Unrated Edition
Director: Patrick Hughes
Rating: Unrated
Length: 132 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Sylvester Stallone (1946)
Jason Statham (1972)
Harrison Ford (1942)
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mel Gibson (1956)
Wesley Snipes

Plot:
In The Expendables 3, Barney faces off with an old enemy and must fight old blood with new blood, bringing in a new era of Expendables who are younger and faster. The latest mission becomes a clash of classic old-school style versus high-tech expertise in The Expendables' most personal battle yet.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Outtakes/Bloopers
Digital Copy
Unrated and Theatrical Versions

My Review:
So i just checked this out. And you kinda know what to expect i guess. But somehow they messed it up. The movie was ofcourse actionpacked with alot of cool scenes here and there. And they was able to bring back some big oldtimers. Wich is always cool. But then they decided to switch up the team for half the movie wich i didnt like that much. But i start to think 3 movies is enough. But after what i've heard there is talk about a movie number 4. Not sure what i think about that tho. But all in all, a ok action movie. But not as good as the first 2.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 16, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »

Title: Hercules: Extended Cut
Director: Brett Ratner
Rating: Rated Unrated : The Extended Cut Version Contains Material Different From the Original PG-13 Rated Version Shown in Theaters
Length: 102 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Dwayne Johnson (1972)
Ian McShane
John Hurt
Rufus Sewell
Aksel Hennie
Ingrid Bolsø Berdal

Plot:
Dwayne Johnson delivers an unforgettable performance as The Mighty Hercules! When a terrifying new enemy threatens the innocent, Hercules and his fearless team of warriors must lead their army in a battle against overwhelming odds. It will take the strength of a god for Hercules to overcome his past and conquer his foes in the epic adventure that critics are calling "fast-paced and packed with eye-popping action!" (Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News)

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Digital Copy

My Review:
Well, i wanted to see this one mostly because of Dwayne Johnson and the two norwegians. And i know the movie tanked in the theaters. But i actually really enjoyed it. Dwayne Johnson nailed the part as Hercules and the two norwegians "Aksel Hennie" and Ingrid Bolsø Berdal was also great. They made it work with what they got, and the scenery was also just breathtaking! And this blurayset got some great extras aswell. Highly recommaned.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 23, 2014, 06:55:05 PM »

Title: Brick Mansions
Director: Carmille Delamarre
Length: 100 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Paul Walker (1973)
David Belle
RZA
Gouchy Boy [Goûchy Boy]
Catalina Denis
Ayisha Issa

Plot:
Fast & Furious star Paul Walker takes it to the limit in this gritty thrill-ride packed with high-flying sunts. Walker stars as Damien, an undercover cop determined to bring down Tremaine (RZA), the crime lord who murdered his father. Tremaine rules the violent criminal compound known as "Brick Mansions," but he's thwarted at every turn by a heroic ex-convict named Lino (David Belle). Their paths never should have crossed, but when Tremaine kidnaps Lino's girlfriend, Damien and Lino become unlikely allies, and must work together to stop Tremaine's sinister plot to devastate the entire city.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Dokumentar
Digital Copy
Includes Theatrical & Unrated Versions

My Review:
Well, this was Paul Walker's last movie before he tragicly died. So i had to have to ofc! And again he play somekind of a cop that has his struggles. And Paul Walker did ok in this movie. But for the rest of the movie, it was a' ok actionflick. Not the best that i've seen, but it was an ok way to spend 1.5hours. If you liked Paul Walker check it out.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 25, 2014, 02:53:02 PM »

Title: Gladiator: 100th Anniversary Collector's Series
Year: 2000
Director: Ridley Scott
Rating: 15 år
Length: 170 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: DTS: 5.1, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: DTS: 5.1, Portugisisk: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Kinesisk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk, Tysk

Stars:
Russell Crowe
Joaquin Phoenix
Connie Nielsen
Oliver Reed
Richard Harris (1930)
Derek Jacobi

Plot:
Forced into slavery by the corrupt, incestuous heir to the throne, Roman General Maximus (Russell Crowe) becomes a gladiator. His prowess in the arena will eventually lead him to Rome, the Colosseum and a vengeful showdown with the new emperor. An Academy Award® winning masterpiece, Gladiator is epic movie story-telling brought thrillingly into the 21st century by master director Ridley Scott (Blade Runner, Alien)

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Both Theatrical and Extended version. Collectible 36 Page Book Pack.

My Review:
So i got some traditions of my own. After we are finished with the christmas dinner and presents i use the days before work to have myself a movie marathon. And there are a few movies i need to see in the Christmas time, and this is one of them. And wow what a movie it is! This time i got the booklet version wich got a ofc a 36 page book pack and a TON of great extras. But this movie is just a epic masterpiece. Its almost 3 hours runningtime on it, but it feels like 1 hour. Perfect from start to finish!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 26, 2014, 01:36:22 AM »

Title: Manhunter
Year: 1986
Director: Michael Mann
Rating: Rated 18 : Strong Bloody Violence
Length: 120 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
William L. Petersen
Kim Greist
Joan Allen
Brian Cox (1946)
Dennis Farina
Stephen Lang

Plot:
Based on the Thomas Harris novel 'Red Dragon' and directed by Michael Mann (Heat, Miami Vice), MANHUNTER is a gripping pyscho-thriller, and the on screen debut of the infamous character Hannibal Lecktor.

Will Graham (William Petersen) retired from the FBI after capturing the murderous Dr. Lecktor (Brian Cox). He is persuaded to return from retirement by his colleague Jack Crawford, who convinces him that his ability to understand the thoughts of a murderer can help them to capture elusive serial killer, 'The Tooth-Fairy'. Facing the desperate and grisly task, Graham employs the help of Hannibal Lecktor and thus puts himself at the mercy of a ruthless and sinister genius. Soon, with the caressing help of the murderous doctor, Graham finds himself courting danger as he opens himsel fup to the mind of a killer.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Interviews
Director's Cut in SD with Commentary.

My Review:
If i have time for it i try to watch the 'Hannibal' movies in the holiday season aswell. And you might not agree with me, but i have to start with this. For me this is the first movie in the series. Not the best movie but still a decent thriller\horror movie. I enjoyed it. And hopefully i have some time tomorrow to watch some more movies.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 26, 2014, 03:49:30 PM »

Title: The Silence of the Lambs
Year: 1991
Director: Jonathan Demme
Length: 119 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, English, Finnish, French, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish

Stars:
Jodie Foster
Lawrence A. Bonney
Kasi Lemmons
Lawrence T. Wrentz
Scott Glenn
Anthony Heald

Plot:
Young FBI agent Clarice Starling is assigned to help find a missing woman to save her from a psychopathic serial killer who skins his victims. Clarice attempts to gain a better insight into the twisted mind of the killer by talking to another psychopath Hannibal Lecter, who used to be a respected psychiatrist. FBI agent Jack Crawford believes that Lecter, who is also a very powerful and clever mind manipulator, has the answers to their questions and can help locate the killer. However, Clarice must first gain Lecter's confidence before the inmate will give away any information.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers

My Review:
Amazing movie. I really enjoyed this again. One of the best horror movies i've seen. Sir Anthony Hopkins is just great as the psycho Dr. Lecter. The movie won 5 oscars. That says enough. And Jodie Foster was ofc just amazing aswell. Well, i really like the Hannibal franchise. Hopefully i will be able to watch the next one later on tonight.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 27, 2014, 05:33:24 PM »

Title: Hannibal
Year: 2001
Rating: Rated R : Strong Gruesome Violence, Some Nudity and Language
Length: 132 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: French, Spanish, English

Stars:
Anthony Hopkins
Julianne Moore
Gary Oldman
Ray Liotta
Frankie Faison
Giancarlo Giannini

Plot:
Anthony Hopkins is "perverse perfection" (Rolling Stone) in his return to the role of Dr. Hannibal Lecter, the sophisticated killer who comes out of hiding to draw FBI agent Clarice Starling (Julianne Moore) into a high-stakes battle that will test her strength, cunning...and loyalty.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Bonus Trailers

My Review:
Well, i had to continue. And this is another good movie from the series. Another great moments here and there with Sir Hopkins ofc. But there was a few things i didnt quite enjoy as much as i did with the first one. I watched 'Red Dragon' last night, hopefully i will have some time write a review about that one too.
So far it is some good movies.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 28, 2014, 10:57:53 AM »

Title: Red Dragon
Year: 2002
Director: Brett Ratner
Rating: Rated R : Violence, Grisly Images, Language, Some Nudity and Sexuality
Length: 125 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Anthony Hopkins
Edward Norton
Ralph Fiennes
Harvey Keitel
Emily Watson (1967)
Mary-Louise Parker

Plot:
Anthony Hopkins reprises his Oscar®-winning†† role as the infamous Dr. Hannibal Lector in the thrilling prequel critics are hailing as "A Suspenseful Masterpiece!" (FOX-TV)

After capturing Dr. Lector, FBI agent Will Graham (Edward Norton) retires – only to be called back to active duty to hunt down the elusive killer, "The Tooth Fairy" (Ralph Fiennes). Red Dragon is the electrifying, critically acclaimed movie that "returns the series to The Silence of the Lambs form" (Jack Matthews, New York Daily News).

††1991, Best Actor, The Silence of the Lambs.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Storyboard Comparisons
BD-Live
D-BOX

My Review:
Well, this could have been so much better if it wasnt a remake of sorts of 'Manhunter'. But even tho, the movie is a good movie. Just not a great one for me. Ed Norton and Hopkins are great in their roles. And the movie have some really great moments here and there. Great horror collection.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 29, 2014, 11:58:21 PM »

Title: Hannibal Rising: Uncut Edition
Year: 2007
Director: Peter Webber
Rating: Rated 18 : Strong Bloody Violence
Length: 131 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Aaran Thomas
Helena-Lia Tachovská
Richard Leaf
Michele Wade
Martin Hub
Ingeborga Dapkunaite

Plot:
In Red Dragon we learned who he was. In Silence of the Lambs we learned how he did it. Now comes the most chilling chapter in the life of Hannibal Lecter – the one that answers that most elusive question of all – why?

Hannibal Rising takes us back to finally explain the origins of Lecter's evil. Beginning in World War II, this dark and intense story follows Hannibal's survival of the horrors of war, his formative years in the fields of medicine and forensics and finally a journey of revenge against the predators who changed his life forever. Above all it reveals the mind of a monster and shows us just what would drive a man to cannibalism.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar

My Review:
Done. This is the Hannibal movie i enjoyed the least. This is suppose to be the movie where we see how "Hannibal Lecter" was borned. Well, the movie had its moments here and there. But even tho there was some good moments, the movie was just a bit too slow and some of the things just didnt make sense to me really. But if you have seen all the other Hannibal movies you kinda need to check out this one aswell.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 31, 2014, 12:45:06 AM »

Title: The Counselor: Unrated Extended Cut
Year: 2013
Length: 138 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Estonian, Finsk, Fransk, Italiensk, Kinesisk, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norsk, Portugisisk, Russisk, Spansk, Svensk, Andre

Stars:
Michael Fassbender
Penélope Cruz
Cameron Diaz
Javier Bardem
César Aguirre
Daniel Holguín

Plot:
An all-star cast, featuring Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz, Javier Bardem, and Penélope Cruz, sizzles in this action-packed thriller from visionary director Ridley Scott and acclaimed writer Cormac McCarthy.

A savvy lawyer (Fassbender) known for doing the right thing for the wrong people decides to put his courage and connections to the test by diving into a treacherous drug deal for some quick cash. But The Counselor soon learns that having it all could mean losing everything.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Dokumentar
Digital Copy

My Review:
Well, that was fun! A bit different actionflick than i expected it to be. Interesting plot wich they made the most of. Great moments trough out. And again Ridley Scott managed to bring on some really big names, wich worked very well together. And it was nice to see some of the actors\actresses play some different characters then we are used to see them play. Its a bit running time on the extended version, but you dont even notice the 2hr++ running time. So check it out!

My Rating:

We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 02, 2015, 10:59:27 PM »

Title: Trolljegeren
Year: 2010
Director: André Øvredal
Rating: 11 år
Length: 99 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: Norwegian: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Norwegian: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

Stars:
Otto Jespersen
Glenn Erland Tosterud
Johanna Mørck
Tomas Alf Larsen
Urmila Berg-Domaas
Hans Morten Hansen

Plot:
TROLLJEGEREN var årets store sensasjon på kino i 2010. I tillegg til å bli en av de best besøkte på norske kinoer ble den også norsk films største eksportsuksess gjennom tidene.

TROLLJEGEREN var opprinnelig lansert som en grensesprengende dokumentar, men ble raskt avslørt som en bred publikumsfilm som både er morsom og spennende - med visuelle effekter i verdensklasse!

I korte trekk handler TROLLJEGEREN om tre studenter ved medielinjen i Volda som får skoleoppgave å lage dokumentarfilm om en lokal personlighet. De velger å fokusere på en folkesky mann som de tror er krypskytter. Men etter hvert som han åpner seg for ungdommene avdekkes sider ved det norske samfunnet som får senere tiders medialekkasjer til å blekne. Her dreier det seg om myndighetenes bevisste handling for å føre det norske folk bak lyset gjennom mange generasjoner...

Extras:
Slettede scener
Gallery
Production Notes
Outtakes/Bloopers

My Review:
Well, this will be a difficult one for me to rate. Its clearly a silly child movie with a story about a trollhunter in norway.And its a lost and found footage too, to make it seem more real. And we get some silly moments here and there. But we actually get some pretty cool moments aswell. Not the best movie i've seen in the Adventure genre. But the movie get a plus from me, since most of the movie is filmed only 1 hour outside the city where i am from and live. I'm actually not sure if i would recommand it or not.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 04, 2015, 12:29:43 AM »

Title: Fritt vilt/Cold Prey
Year: 2006
Director: Roar Uthaug
Length: 97 Min.
Audio: Norwegian: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Danish, English, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

Stars:
Ingrid Bolsø Berdal
Rolf Kristian Larsen
Tomas Alf Larsen
Endre Martin Midtstigen
Viktoria Winge
Rune Melby

Plot:
Jannicke, Morten Tobias, Eirik, Mikael and Ingunn are on a snowboarding vacation in Jotunheimen. They are forced to take shelter in an abandoned hotel when Morten Tobias breaks his leg and their car is too far away for them to reach within nightfall. They quickly discover that the hotel was closed in the seventies due to the disappearance of the managers' son. Unknown to them, someone is still living in the hotel, and getting home, or even surviving the stay, isn't as easy as they believe.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers

My Review:
Great movie. I watched it first when it came out in 2006 on DVD. And havent seen it since. So i decided to check it out again and this time on bluray. And they did a great transfer IMHO. Its a norwegian horror movie about some young kids going on a skiing vacation. And ofc while on the vacation stuff happens. And there are some really good moments trough out. Some really good scare moments too. If you like a good horror movie. You should check it out if you havent allready.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 05, 2015, 05:24:48 AM »
Title: Trolljegeren

My Review:
I'm actually not sure if i would recommand it or not.

I watched it a while ago and quite enjoyed it. I would recommend it to people who enjoy genre pictures and don't mind that "found footage" aspect. It loved how those trolls would get bigger and bigger (not really a spoiler, the cover gives it away) and how the found footage made it feel like it's real. Having the right mindset is important, not taking the whole thing too serious...