Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 126807 times)

Mustrum_Ridcully

Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #825 on: August 06, 2014, 01:11:56 AM »
Have you read the books by Jussi Adler-Olsen?

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 06, 2014, 11:57:11 AM »
I havent yet. Have you? And if yes, did you like'em?
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #827 on: August 06, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »
Love them, that's why I'm not sure if I should give the film a try.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 06, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »

Title: Knight and Day: Extended Cut
Year: 2010
Director: James Mangold
Rating: 15 år
Length: 116 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, English, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

Stars:
Tom Cruise
Cameron Diaz
Peter Sarsgaard
Jordi Mollà
Viola Davis
Paul Dano

Plot:
June Havens finds her everyday life tangled with that of a secret agent who has realized he isn't supposed to survive his latest mission. As their campaign to stay alive stretches across the globe, they soon learn that all they can count on is each other

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Dokumentar
Interviews
Digital Copy

My Review:
I just rewatched this one. Watched it the first time when it came out. And i still find it quite allright. They have a good mix between the action and comedy scenes. And the banter between Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz is actually good. If you find yourself bored, this is actually a good 2 hours.

My Rating:

When i get the books, i will give you an answer Mike ;) if you should check out the movie or not. But i really enjoyed the movie tho. (but havent read the book(s) yet)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #829 on: August 06, 2014, 11:49:23 PM »
When i get the books, i will give you an answer Mike ;) if you should check out the movie or not.
Thanks!
That's what I was hoping for.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 07, 2014, 10:26:10 PM »

Title: Terminal Velocity
Year: 1994
Director: Deran Sarafian
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Scenes of Strong Action/Violence, and for Brief Strong Language
Length: 102 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Charlie Sheen
Nastassja Kinski
James Gandolfini
Christopher McDonald
Gary Bullock
Hans R. Howes

Plot:
Dynamic Charlie Sheen (Hot Shots, TV's Two and a Half Men) delivers fast-paced excitement to this high-flying action-adventure! Sheen stars as Ditch Brodie, a daredevil skydiving instructor who falls hard when a sexy, mysterious beauty (Nastassja Kinski) walks through his door looking for a lesson – and apparently plunges to her death during a parachute jump! Suddenly, Brodie finds himself hurled headlong into a nightmare world of intrigue and deceit – caught in a deadly game of cat and mouse with the Russian mafia! With pulse-pounding suspense and sensational skydiving, high-speed adventure doesn't move any faster than Terminal Velocity!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers

My Review:
Hm, this was a blind buy really. I bought it because of two reasons, 1, Charlie Sheen. 2, got almost for free. And the movie was actually an ok movie. But a bit weird movie for me. Guess i expected something else from it. But they made it work somehow. They got some great actionscenes here and there. And it is always allright to watch "oldschool" Charlie Sheen, when he was something.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 08, 2014, 01:23:03 AM »
awww he's still something .. just with bits of insanity leaking out :)

This is a fun "guilty pleasure" type of movie. 
Thank you
David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #832 on: August 08, 2014, 03:01:59 AM »
I think I saw that years ago.  Maybe.  Or maybe it was just the one that Wesley Snipes and Yancy Butler were in.  I know I saw that one for sure.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 08, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »

Title: Insidious: Chapter 2
Year: 2013
Director: James Wan
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Intense Sequences of Terror and Violence, and Thematic Elements
Length: 106 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Patrick Wilson (1973)
Rose Byrne
Barbara Hershey
Lin Shaye
Ty Simpkins
Steve Coulter

Plot:
How deep into the darkness will you go to discover the truth? The terrifying sequel to Insidious follows the haunted Lambert family as they seek to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world. They must rely on familiar allies to exile the demons that follow them and unearth the secret before the evil continues its deadly rampage. Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne and Barbara Hershey reprise their roles in the film directed by James Wan (Insidious, The Conjuring).

Extras:
Scenevalg
Bonus Trailers
Dokumentar
Digital Copy

My Review:
I watched the first movie when it came out a while back. And i always wanted to see the sequal when it came out. And what a sequal it was! Great horror movie. Great moments trough out. And a great continue from the first movie. And from the looks of how things ended, and what happend in this one, they could make a movie number 3 if they want. I really hope they do anyways. What a franchise its turning out to be! Almost better (so far) that the 'Paranormal Activity' movies IMHO.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 10, 2014, 02:52:50 PM »

Title: Vertigo
Year: 1958
Director: Alfred Hitchcock (1899)
Rating: PG
Length: 129 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: DTS: Mono, Spanish: DTS: Mono, French: DTS: Mono, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
James Stewart (1908)
Kim Novak
Barbara Bel Geddes
Tom Helmore
Henry Jones
Raymond Bailey

Plot:
James Stewart and Kim Novak star in this dizzying web of mistaken identity, passion and murder involving an acrophobic detective and the mysterious blonde he rescues from the San Francisco bay.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Gallery
Interviews
BD-Live
Pocket Blu, D-BOX

My Review:
Ah, what a great movie that was. Alfred Hitchcock did it again. The master of suspence. The story had me glued to the screen. It was a bit different then i expected, but it delivered big time (as Hitch always does) Again a masterpiece from Hitch. I'm always looking forward to watch one of his movies. I have yet to watch a bad movie from him.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 11, 2014, 03:17:16 PM »

Title: Niagara
Year: 1953
Director: Henry Hathaway
Rating: NR
Length: 92 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: Mono, Spansk: Dolby Digital: Mono, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: Croatian, Czech, Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Greek, Hebrew, Hollandsk, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italiensk, Norsk, Polish, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk, Turkish, Tysk

Stars:
Marilyn Monroe
Joseph Cotten
Jean Peters
Max Showalter [Casey Adams]
Denis O'Dea
Richard Allan

Plot:
Marilyn Monroe sizzles in this tense, masterful thriller. While the seductive Rose Loomis (Monroe) and her husband George (Joseph Cotton) vacation in a charming guest cabin at spectacular Niagara Falls, Rose and her lover plot to kill George. But things go terribly wrong, and soon, an innocent honeymooning couple find themselves swept up in the crime.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers

My Review:
So, i was in the mood for some Marilyn Monroe. So i decied to finally check this one out, after having it in my unwatched pile forever. And i actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Not a "typical" MM movie if i can say that? But they pulled it off nicely. And i see myself rewatching this soon. Check it out if you like Marilyn Monroe, or just a good movie.

My Rating:

And if you guys have some good recommandations on any good movies from Marilyn Monroe, its really appreciated! Thanks ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #836 on: August 11, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »
And if you guys have some good recommandations on any good movies from Marilyn Monroe, its really appreciated! Thanks ;)

You can't go wrong with this boxset (German or US release, the British only contains 4 films):

It contains 7 features:
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
- How to Marry a Millionaire
- River of No Return
- There's No Business Like Show Business
- The Seven Year Itch
- Some Like it Hot
- The Misfits

and covers a good range of her work.

In addition:

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 12, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »

Title: River of No Return
Year: 1954
Director: Otto Preminger
Rating: NR
Length: 91 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.55:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 4.0, Spansk: Dolby Digital: Mono, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: Mono, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Russisk: DTS: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Bulgarian, Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Greek, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Japansk, Kinesisk, Koreansk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Russisk, Spansk, Svensk, Thai, Tysk

Stars:
Robert Mitchum
Marilyn Monroe
Rory Calhoun
Tommy Rettig
Murvyn Vye
Douglas Spencer

Plot:
This sweeping adventure filled with thrilling suspense and spectacular scenery will take your breath away on Blu-ray™. Marilyn Monroe and Robert Mitchum star as a dance hall singer and widowed farmer who both become victims of a treacherous gambler. Abandoned in the Northwest wilderness, Kay (Monroe), Matt (Mitchum) and Matt's young son face a host of untold dangers, including relentless Indian attacks and a perilous journey down a raging river. Fighting for survival and justice in the rugged terrain, Kay and Matt form an unexpected bond as they both realize there's no turning back.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers

My Review:
Another great Monroe movie. A bit different then i expected Monroe to play in. But for me, this was actually a great western movie with a twist of suspence in it. And the scenery was actually real nice too. All in all, another great movie you guys should check out if you either like Western movies, Marilyn Monroe or just a good movie.

My Rating:

And thanks Mike for the recommandations . :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 12, 2014, 10:30:56 PM »
But you didn't even mention Robert Mitchum who I think was great in this.  And with Otto Preminger .. what could go wrong.  Definitely a film to see if you haven't.
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 13, 2014, 02:47:30 PM »

Title: Lethal Weapon
Year: 1987
Director: Richard Donner
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Language, Violence, Sex and Drug Use
Length: 110 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Tysk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italiensk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: Mono, Portugisisk: Dolby Digital: Mono, Czech: Dolby Digital: Mono, Polish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Russisk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: Bulgarian, Czech, Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Greek, Hebrew, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Kinesisk, Koreansk, Norsk, Polish, Portugisisk, Russisk, Spansk, Svensk, Thai, Turkish, Tysk, Kommentar

Stars:
Mel Gibson (1956)
Danny Glover
Gary Busey
Mitchell Ryan
Tom Atkins
Darlene Love

Plot:
– The original Buddy cop duo and one of the most iconic films series of all time - explodes onto Blu-ray in an action-packed line-up featuring all four films for the first time.

Mel Gibson and Danny Glover star as two mis-matched cops dedicated to bringing down bad guys by any means possible! All four explosive films directed by Richard Donner are available in razor Sharpe, bullet-proof Blu-ray and a muscle-bulging 5th disc is included - offering an exciting collection of extra content that gives the most resolute fans something they've never seen before.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Musikkvideo(er)

My Review:
I havent seen this one since i can remember. And i have never seen the upgrade to blu-ray either. And lets take the upgrade first. I think they did a good job. Picture and the sound is much better then it was. And what can we say about the movie? High paced action from start to finish. Great scenes trough out the movie. And Mel Gibson is actually doing a good job! This is just a great and fun action movie. Almost a classic. And this blu-ray comes with alot of great extras aswell! The upgrade is worth the money IMHO.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas