Author Topic: Topic of the Month: May 2012 — Birthdays  (Read 8414 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Topic of the Month: May 2012 — Birthdays
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 06:19:37 AM »
Title: Bloody Birthday

[...]I am so glad I finally found this movie again... and the fact that it cost me less then $4.00 is icing on the Bloody Birthday cake. While I really can't complain... I do wish this one had more extras on the disc.
Where did you get this for $4? Amazon has the 2003 release for $8 and last year's for $15.

Wish Listed anyway.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »
I just looked... I got it in October of 2009 at a place called DVD Pacific for $3.82.... I am sure it must had been a Halloween sale.

I haven't been there in years... don't even know if DVD Pacific is still around. I stopped using them for one reason or another.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 03:08:39 PM »

Series: Sabrina: The Teenage Witch
Episode: s1e1 Pilot
Who's Birthday: Sabrina

Plot:
On her 16th birthday, Sabrina Spellman discovers that she's been given the gift of magic when her Aunt Hilda and Aunt Zelda inform her that she is a witch.

My Thoughts:
This is more like it. These are the characters I think of when I think of Sabrina: The Teenage Witch. I enjoyed this pilot episode even more then the TV Movie that came before it. It just felt like a better start for the series. I mean the movie was good for what it was. But this is much better for a TV Series in my opinion. After watching the pilot episode again... I feel like I could watch all the episode I have again. Unfortunately I am behind in collecting them... only have the first 5 seasons.

My Rating:

Goal: 43
Watched: 38
Left: 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »

Episode: s2e1 Sabrina Gets Her License (Part 1)

Plot:
On her 17th birthday, Sabrina finds herself overwhelmed with school, her boyfriend Harvey, and having to study for her witch's license.

My Thoughts:
A fun episode... though the birthday storyline really was small. And only in part one of the story. Naturally I couldn't stop mid way through the story so watched both parts.

My Rating:

Watched: 39
Left: 4
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »

Episode: s3e4 The Pom-Pom Incident
Who's Birthday: Harvey's little brother

Plot:
Valerie decides to try out for the dreaded cheerleading squad, so Sabrina uses a magic coin from the Other Realm in order to change her mind.

My Thoughts:
This episode really didn't impress me all that much. The birthday theme was very little this time. It was mentioned in one scene then the theme itself was shown in another scene. This episode guest stars Dom DeLuise... who I normally like. But he just wasn't that funny in this one. More stupid then anything. But think that is how his character was written.

My Rating:

Watched: 40
Left: 3
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »

Episode: s4e1 No Place Like Home

Plot:
On her 18th birthday, Sabrina's father invites her to come live with him in Paris. But after she moves there, it appears that no one at home misses her.

My Thoughts:
This episode I found to be better then the last episode I watched... but still not as good as most. I liked the main storyline... but I could have definitely done without the guest appearance of Britney Spears and her music in the episode.

My Rating:

Watched: 41
Left: 2
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 08:31:04 PM »

Series: Roseanne
Episode: s1e9 Dan's Birthday Bash
Who's Birthday: Dan

Plot:
The kids plan a birthday breakfast for their Dad. Roseanne plans a birthday bash for Dan at the Lobo Lounge. What starts out as a great party, soon turn sour, when a drunken bar patron picks a fight with Dan over use of the pool table.

My Thoughts:
I always thought this was a fun series. Nothing particularly great about the series itself... but a fun guilty pleasure type of thing. The episode itself is a good one. The birthday theme runs through-out the episode. I liked how they handled the drunken bully... it showed that Dan knew he was getting older... but at the same time made sure he stood up for himself.

My Rating:

Watched: 42
Left: 1
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 10:41:37 PM »

Series: Roseanne
Episode: s2e24 Happy Birthday
Who's Birthday: Roseanne

Plot:
Roseanne, although only turning 37, feels like she's hit the end of the road in her life. Always wanting to be a writer, Roseanne wishes this Birthday that she had more time to jot down her thoughts. Dan and the kids surprise Roseanne with her own small writing studio.

My Thoughts:
Another fun episode... though not quite a fun as the previous episode I watched. It has a decent storyline but not quite as many laughs.

My Rating:

Watched: 43
Left: 0 - Reached Goal on 5/28!
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2012, 06:29:34 AM »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 04:39:31 PM »

Title: 13 Going on 30
Who's Birthday: Jenna

Plot:
Jennifer Garner (Daredevil, TV's "Alias") and Mark Ruffalo (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) star in this hilarious flash-forward romance about a pre-teen girl who goes from geek to glamorous. With the help of some magic wishing dust, 13 year-old Jenna Rink (Garner) becomes 30 and gorgeous overnight, with everything she ever wanted, except for her best friend Matt (Ruffalo). Now, this grown woman must create some magic of her own to help the little girl inside find the true love she left behind.

My Thoughts:
I felt like popping in a movie this morning... and felt like a comedy so grabbed this one. I been a fan of Jennifer Garner's every since I first caught her on Alias. This is a fun movie. Like in the movie Big we have a character that makes a wish to be grown up. Jennifer Garner does a great job playing a teen girl trapped in a grown woman's body. Some of the expressions on her face... especially in the beginning where she don't know what is going on... is completely hilarious. I definitely enjoyed this one. Well worth the time to put into it.

My Rating:

Watched: 44
Left: 0 - Reached Goal on 5/28!
Pete