Author Topic: Hmmm.....what to re-buy  (Read 1678 times)

Sharpy

Hmmm.....what to re-buy
« on: January 05, 2012, 12:05:24 AM »
Hope u all had a good xmas/new years peoples  ;D!.Got meself a blu-ray player for xmas off my lovely other half and im impressed!.First film I watched was Incidious (absolute brilliant film in my opinion).I wasnt sure what the difference wuld be like between dvd & blu-ray,but yes I see there is a big difference  ;D .brought meself a few films now (ummm 7 blu-rays I own now,slowly but surely Ill end up with a good collection lol).I was jus wonderin if many of u have re brought many of ur dvds to blu-ray?....ill end up probably re buyin some .In some cases I will end up with buyin a film 3 times over VHS->DVD->BLU-RAY (hmmmm do I really need to buy pulp fiction for a 3rd time,lol)  but I guess sum films are worth it  ;)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmm.....what to re-buy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:38:08 AM »
Most people promise themselves not to upgrade but quickly give in. I upgrade stuff which is very visual (Blade Runner, Lord of the Rings) or my favorites (Tarantino, Jackson, Rodriguez, Kubrick, or just certain horror). Some people manage to control damage a bit better :laugh:

If you own anything but the Final Cut of Blade Runner, that's a no brainer upgrade, or Zulu or Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

I usually refer to reviews at Blu-ray.com, blubeaver.com or DVDTalk.com.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Hmmm.....what to re-buy
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:19:50 AM »
North by Northwest is amazing on Blu.
If you like the Pixar animated movies, they are definitely worth getting on Blu.  They are gorgeous.