Author Topic: Charmed Marathon  (Read 30441 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Charmed Marathon
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2008, 01:44:58 PM »
 :drooling:

How can one decide between these women... Give me all 4!  :drooling:

No... I'm not greedy much!
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »
How can one decide between these women... Give me all 4!  :drooling:

I can decide, easily. Give me HMC anytime of day!  :drooling: :drooling:

But I'm finding that I like this girl more and more
[/spoiler]

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2008, 02:57:59 PM »
Oh Holly will always be my #1 girl on there... but lets just say I wouldn't say no to either of them.

Yeah... I also find I am becoming a fan of Kaley. I liked her in Charmed... and I am really enjoying her on The Big Bang Theory. I know she was in another sitcom before Charmed... but I never seen it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2008, 08:08:21 PM »
Disc 2:

4. Size Matters
A hideous demon shrinks Phoebe to a powerless five inches and uses her as bait to trap the other two sisters.

My Thoughts:
This is a really good episode. One of my favorites. But that could be because of the guest star in this one. Has one of my favorite horror genre actors in it. Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger)... he plays the "demon of the week" in this episode. And the episode is a lot of fun.

5. Knight To Remember
After conjuring up a medieval prince and discovering she was an evil enchantress in a past life, Paige must save Phoebe and Piper who have become trapped in the Dark Ages.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good episode. It is the episode that Piper and Phoebe decide it is time to have Paige move in with them. And it also is one where we find out about Paige's past life... an evil past of a Charmed One... like the show never did that before! But I guess it is ok to recycle some ideas now that the series has a new start with a new sister. Just as long as they don't go to far with it.... and if memory serves me right... they didn't.

6. Brain Drain
When The Source taps into Piper's brain and alters her perception of reality, Phoebe and Paige work quickly before she gives up all their powers.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... I did enjoy it. But what is it about fantasy shows? It is like they all must have those "What if I am really crazy... and in a nut house?" episode. Don't get me wrong... I think they did a really good job with it. But it just seems like every fantasy series must have this story in there somewhere.

7. Black As Cole
Phoebe encounters Cole's demonic past when the sisters help a widow seek vengeance on a demon that killed her fiance.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good episode. Is a big Cole episode... and a major turning-point for the character... as his demon half gets vanquished.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »
I think I will try to pull myself away from this marathon again... what with the complete series set ordered. Now only if I can find the will-power to do so!
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2008, 08:20:45 PM »
I think I will try to pull myself away from this marathon again... what with the complete series set ordered. Now only if I can find the will-power to do so!

Shouldn't be a problem... until you start foaming at the mouth and having shivers that is!  :laugh:

Don't let it get that far!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 08:27:34 PM »
Well... I am hoping if maybe I try to focus on movies this weekend... like I do most weekends... that will help me pull away from it. :)
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 10:55:03 PM »
Shouldn't be a problem... until you start foaming at the mouth and having shivers that is!  :laugh:

I've never seen an episode and I'm getting a similar reaction to this thread... :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2008, 11:02:57 PM »
Yes I am weak!... I couldn't help myself... I popped in the next disc!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2008, 01:40:49 AM »
Disc 3:

8. Muse To My Ears
The sisters fiercely battle warlocks who are enslaving the world's muses to use their divine creative inspiration for evil.

My Thoughts:
A good... but standard episode. Nothing that really stood out for me in this episode.

9. A Paige From The Past
Haunted by her parents' tragic death, Paige travels back in time while Pipermust prevent the marraige of Phoebe and Cole, whose bodies are inhabited by outlaw ghosts.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. Obviously we see Paige's past in this episode. Since they go to her teen years they try to play down her bauty... with little results. I really didn't care too much for the side story with Phoebe and Cole though. But over-all an episode I enjoyed.

10. Trial By Magic
Phoebe must convince other jury members of the existence of magic while Piper, Paige and Leo frantically search for the real killer in time to free an innocent man.

My Thoughts:
This is one that I really liked a lot. Of course that could be because I do like some court shows as well... and always enjoyed shows that dealt with a jury. I don't know why... but always liked seeing my favorite TV Show characters in that situation.

11. Lost And Bound
The sisters must teach a 10-year-old Firestarter how to use his power for good before his demon bounty-hunter foster parents find him.

My Thoughts:
Another good... but standard episode. This one did have some purpose to the series though... it was to teach Piper a lesson for when she is to have her kids... and whether or not there could be justifiable reason to bind their powers.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2008, 03:06:02 PM »
Disc 4:

12. Charmed And Dangerous
The Source taps into the ultimate power of the Hollow, which consumes all magical powers, to unleash an ancient evil that goes after the sisters powers.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good episode... this is the episode that The Charmed Ones finally taken on The Source. And also opens up a new chapter in the Cole story.

13. The Three Faces of Phoebe
When Phoebe casts a spell to decide if she should marry Cole, she faces her past and future, while Cole is unable to control the evil growing within him.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. I liked the spell that Phoebe cast that brings her young self and her old self to help her decide what to do. Even though I don't like the Cole character... I must admit the storyline is still a good one and I am getting into it. But as I said... the Cole's story is good and the character is important to the series.. but something about him, himself I don't like. I thought maybe it was the actor portraying Cole... but I like him in Fantastic Four. So that must not be it.

14. Marry-Go-Round
Phoebe fights with her sisters on her wedding day while The Source, which has completely taken over Cole, orchestrates a demonic ceremony.

My Thoughts:
A good episode... but not as good as expected when considering it is such a huge episode to the storyline. You can already see in this episode that Paige is starting to see a problem with Cole. She just don't know what that problem is.

15. The Fifth Halliwell
Paige, who feels like a fifth wheel among her happily married sisters and husbands, becomes convinced that Cole is still a demon.

My Thoughts:
A really good episode. I liked how Cole had Paige not knowing what to believe. This is also the episode that starts off Phoebe's long running career as a advice columnist.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2008, 11:03:04 PM »
Disc 5:

16. Saving Private Leo
When two ghosts seeking revenge on Leo kill Piper, Phoebe and Paige face the horror of losing another sister.

My Thoughts:
Excellent episode! Is one of my favorites. In this episode we learn a lot about Leo's past. Which I found really interesting.

17. Bite Me
Trying to unseat Cole as ruler of the Underworld, a vampire queen turns Paige into a bloodsucker and urges her to feed on Phoebe and Piper.

My Thoughts:
Another excellent episode. I love pretty much anything to do with vampires... so this is another of my favorite episodes. And lets face it... Paige made one hot looking vampire!

18. We're Off To See The Wizard
Piper and Paige help a wizard stop the coronation of a new Source, unaware that Cole is the Underworld head and Phoebe is his Evil Queen.

My Thoughts:
This one I didn't think to much of. Everyone finds out about Cole in this episode... and Phoebe being pregnant with his child gives in to her own evil urges. As I said many times I do not like Cole. Plus I never cared for the Wizard (thought it was ridiculous how he was done) in this episode... so between the 2 of them this episode pretty much sucked for me.

19. Long Live The Queen
When Phoebe helps her sisters save an innocent, she and Cole face a bloody coup unless she proves her dark allegiance by killing Piper and Paige.

My Thoughts:
Going into this one today... I could have sworn this was one of the ones I didn't care for. But I was wrong. This was a really good... strong episode. I really enjoyed every minute of it. Phoebe really had a fight within herself in this episode. And even though I know we haven't seen the end of him... I definitely enjoyed seeing Cole get blown up.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2008, 02:00:25 AM »
Disc 6:

20. Womb Raider
When Phoebe's baby shows signs of demonic powers, The Seer plots to steal the baby and gain the power bestowed upon the heir of The Source.

My Thoughts:
This was a good... but not great episode. Was interesting to see how strong the fetus was. I do think it was a pretty good ending to the baby arc. But I don't know... I think I was just expecting a little more from it.

21. Witch Way Now?
As a reward for vanquishing The Source of All Evil, the Angel of Destiny offers the sisters a chance to relinquish their powers and lead normal lives.

My Thoughts:
This was an OK season finale... but far from the best. Actually it didn't even feel like a season finale while watching it. I mean it was nice to see the season end on a good note. Not to mention one hell of a surprise at the very end. But I think it was a little on the weak side for a season finale.

Over-All Season 4 Thoughts:
'
This is not one of the best seasons for Charmed. But it is better then I remember it being. I remember when I watched this series for the very first time I thought this was the end of the show... what with no more Prue. But they really pulled it off. They kept the show pretty much as good as it ever was. As it went on possibly even better. It is just a shame that season 4 didn't have any extras.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 07:47:32 PM »
Charmed: Season 5
Fall under their spell...The Charmed Ones, Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan), are simply bewitching and they're here to stay! 'Charmed: The Complete Fifth Season' is rich with intense adventure, humor and intrigue as these sizzling supernatural siblings battle the forces of evil.

From the very first season five episode, when the sisters rush to the aid of an innocent mermaid. The Charmed Ones invite you into their irresistible magical world of paranormal action, fantasy, and suspense. What else do the Halliwell sisters have in store for you? One of them meets an evil Prince Charming: they become mystical comic book super-heroines and gorgeous Greek Goddesses to save the world from wicked demons; they even join forces with Leprechauns!

Escape into their magical world...The Charmed Ones welcome you!

Disc 1:

1. A Witches Tale
The Charmed Ones struggle to help a beautiful mermaid from losing her immortality, but are hindered by morphing mishaps and a fiendish water demon. Sea Hag.

My Thoughts:
This is a good double length episode. As I have said before... I always enjoyed the episodes where the sisters get turned into things. Well this time it is Phoebe's turn... as she is turned into a mermaid... and then don't want to return to her regular life because she don't want to deal with Cole being back. And I can't blame her there... I am so sick of seeing Cole get killed off only to return later. Thankfully there is only a handful of episodes left before he finally leaves the show.

2. Happily Ever After
When an evil witch traps The Charmed Ones in warped classic fairy tales, Phoebe as Cinderella meets evil Prince Charming, Paige eats a poison apple, and Piper goes head-on with a big bad wolf.

My Thoughts:
While it was still ok... This one I didn't really care all that much for. The fairy tales coming to life felt more like they were running out of ideas then anything else. It just seemed more on the silly side then anything else to me.

3. Siren Song
Piper and Paige tries to save Phoebe's life from the scandalous Siren while Piper and Leo's personas are switched magically by their unborn child.

My Thoughts:
This was a good episode. I enjoyed it a lot. I really had to laugh when Piper tried to blow up a demon and instead her unborn child made flowers appear instead. Then the way her unborn child switched Leo and Piper's powers was a lot of fun as well.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2008, 01:58:39 AM »
Disc 2:

4. Witches In Tights
A diabolical uses a young boy's magical drawings to transform into a super villain and, in order to stop the demon, the boy must transfer The Charmed Ones into comic book super-heroines.

My Thoughts:
This is a really fun episode. The Charmed Ones as superheroes?... in those tights? Gotta love it!

5. The Eyes Have It
Phoebe loses her power of premonition, and as she struggles to retrieve her lost powers, she sees a terrifying vision of The Charmed Ones' deaths.

My Thoughts:
Another good episodes. The sisters helps out some gypsies in this episode. Gypsies who is the keeper of The Evil Eye. Though not being used for evil at all. And Piper gets a doctor for her magical pregnancy... we also find out that her sisters will train to be midwives for the birth.

6. Sympathy For A Demon
The Demon of Fear returns to seek vengeance on The Charmed Ones, and the sisters become trapped in the manor battling their own fears.

My Thoughts:
And yet another good episode. The return of Barbus (Demon of Fear) played by Billy Drago.... an actor I have recently became a fan of. This is the first time Paige encounters Barbus.

7. A Witch In Time
Two of The Charmed Ones are killed and the remaining sister must reverse the chain of death when Phoebe inadvertently opens a time tunnel that provides a pathway for a warlock from the future.

My Thoughts:
Yes... Another episode I really enjoyed. That means this entire disc was nothing but really good episodes for me. I like the time travel in this episode. Yeah... we have seen it more then once before on this show... but not quite like this... as Piper does not travel far in time. Just far enough to save her sisters from getting killed. Basically to the beginning of the episode.
Pete