Author Topic: Trading Poster  (Read 19225 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Trading Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »
New version: v1.3
New: Help button in Settings dialog, which will open the readme file
Fix: Handle TP_MyLinks for profiles which do not have any link in current Profiler version

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »
Thanks Tom! But I am afraid I can't find the help button.

I am in the settings screen... but don't look any different to me.  :headscratch:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, 03:12:11 PM »
Thanks Tom! But I am afraid I can't find the help button.

The help button is in the title bar next to the close button.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
OK! Cool... Found it... Thanks!  :bag: :laugh:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »
New version: v1.3
New: Help button in Settings dialog, which will open the readme file
Fix: Handle TP_MyLinks for profiles which do not have any link in current Profiler version
I am using, tried to be using this on XP. Unfortunately it kept crashing my DVD Profiler. To be sure if it is the version (on my previous installation in Windows 7 I think I ran 1.2 without problems) or something else, do you still have v1.2 available and can send it to me for testing?

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 06:44:11 PM »
I don't have it at hand. I would have to rebuild it from the sources. But the changes between 1.2 and 1.3 were minimal and I don't think they could cause this behavior.
Does anyone else still have XP and has similar problems? Sadly I recently have given away my old notebook and I don't have DVD Profiler installed on my XP Virtual Machine.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 01:40:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I just deleted the old version on my hard drive two days ago :slaphead: But come to think of it, I think I still should have a backup, let me check that first.

My story here:

I used Windows 7 for a long time and with that I had no problem (using TP 1.2, I am sure). Then I started to have a problem (not necessarily plugin related) so I switched VM from Parallels (they charge every upgrade anyway) to Virtual Box (completely free :)). That actually went well for a while until Windows 7 suddenly decided that my computer had changed and I needed to authenticate again, which it then promptly failed. Since even a phone call to Microsoft couldn't fix this I went back to good old XP (still the best, IMHO), since DVD Profiler even supports way back to Windows 2000.

After installing and copying the database the program wouldn't start. I had seen the behaviour before, so I got worried. But on second startup you get that debug menu and I opted not to load plugins. Without plugins, it loaded fine. TP being the only one I installed I removed it and then DVD Profiler started instantly.

I installed Windows XP with ALL updates and fixes plus .NET 2.x, 3.x and 4.x. The TP installer checks requirements anyway, so it should be anything missing for it to run, right? My XP only includes the before-mentioned plus DVD Profiler plus Beyond Compare 3. SO I wouldn't suspect a clash either.

I'll check 1.2 later today and let you know how that went. The upgrade to 1.3 is pretty much the only difference to my previous setup (other than the downgrade to XP).

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »
So, the good news, it does not seem to be a problem with TG 1.3, as 1.2 also caused a crash.

Obviously that means that the bad news is, that the problem is on my end. :(

I am so glad that after 2 weeks I finally got DVDP running again, that missing TG will not be a by thing or now. I just might have to stop posting in the WhatYaGot thread or t least in a different manner.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013, 06:24:44 PM »
New version: v1.4
New: New custom tags TP_OverviewBBCode and TP_NotesBBCode for inserting overview and notes with the HTML tags replaced with BBCode tags for use in most forums.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2013, 06:38:19 PM »
Thanks again for the super-fast update Tom! Works like a charm!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2013, 01:05:54 PM »
New version: v1.5

New: TP_Title_FileName and TP_OriginalTitle_FileName for printing titles with characters removed which are not allowed in file names
New: List of available custom tags inside of settings dialog to easily add them to custom body code
Fix: Handle empty purchase place, overview and notes in custom trading poster

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2023, 10:26:35 AM »
New version: v1.7
Change: Switch to newer .NET Framework. It still used .NET 2, which is not available on Windows 10 by default
Change: WhatYaGot now uses another template fitting for this forum. Instead of "WhatYaGot" tag, which need phpDVDProfiler collection. Not sure, if anyone still used that via this plugin. If yes, it could be also archieved via custom tag.