Author Topic: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2011  (Read 32323 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2011
« on: September 26, 2011, 07:22:11 PM »

I know I am putting this post up a few days early... but I figured I may as well get it up and ready.  

With Halloween being my all-time favorite holiday... I like to celebrate it all month long. So every year at this time I have a month long horror / Halloween marathon. Every year I try to beat my record of most horror movies,  horror or Halloween episode TV Series and now Other (Shorts/Documentaries). The best I ever done was last year when I watched 103 Movies, 55 TV Show Episodes & 5 Other. Will I be able to beat my best record... I am almost positive I won't. I already know that I will not have the time to put to it this year like I did last. But that is ok... as I plan to give it my all whether it is a win, loose or a draw! And no matter what happens I am going to have a great time!

Movies: 104
TV Eps: 56
Other: 9

10/01
Movies: 3  
TV Eps: 8  
Other: 0  
10/02
Movies: 3  
TV Eps: 1
10/03
Movies: 1  
TV Eps: 0  
10/04
Movies: 0  
10/05
10/06
10/07
10/08
10/09
10/10
10/11
10/12
10/13
10/14
10/15
10/16
10/17
10/18
10/19
10/20
10/21
10/22
10/23
10/24
10/25
10/26
10/27
10/28
10/29
10/30
10/31

Total Watched:

Movies:
97 to Go!
TV Eps:
47 to Go!
Other:
9 to Go!

“Hi, I’m Chucky, wanna play?”
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:00:32 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 09:31:06 AM »
     Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant (2009/United States)

Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Director:Paul Weitz
Writing:Darren Shan (Original Material By), Paul Weitz (Screenwriter), Brian Helgeland (Screenwriter)
Length:109 min.
Rating:PG-13
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
John C. Reilly as Crepsley
Josh Hutcherson as Steve
Chris Massoglia as Darren
Jessica Carlson as Rebecca
Michael Cerveris as Mr. Tiny
Ray Stevenson as Murlaugh

Plot:
Welcome to the Cirque du Freak, a traveling sideshow filled with magical creatures, misunderstood freaks, and the mysterious vampire, Larten Crepsley (John C. Reilly). Drawn to the dark, unpredictable world of the Cirque, 16-year-old Darren (Chris Massoglia) decides to trade in his ordinary life for a chance to become an immortal vampire. As Darren explores his newfound powers and faces unexpected enemies, he'll find that his existence as a memeber of the undead is filled with more challenges, suspense and fun than he ever thought possible. Based on the best-selling book series and co-starring Salma Hayek, Josh Hutcherson, Ken Watanabe, and Willem Dafoe, it's a fast-paced, suspenseful journey critics call, "Imaginative!" (Peter Hall, Cinematical.com)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This is one I never seen before. But with my love for all things vampires...I been wanting to check this one out since the first time I saw the trailer. It turned out to be a bit different then I was expecting. Not really a bad different.. but not really as good as I was expecting either. The movie plays with the vampire legend a bit... but that seems to be true about most vampire movies. I think the vampire legend gets changed to the story-teller's needs more so then any other. I did like the idea of the 2 different clans of vampires going to war. I also enjoyed all the different freaks that was in the movie. While I realize they didn't have time to really get into it... I would have liked to see some more on them. Maybe a bit of background info on at least some of them.

From what I understand this is from a series of books. So while it did complete the storyline in this movie... it also left itself wide open for sequels. Which I hope will see eventually come out... because over-all while I was expecting a bit better... I still enjoyed the movie.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 1
TV Ep. Count: 0
Other Count: 0
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
     Psychosis (2009/United Kingdom)

e one, Imagination Worldwide, Kingsparrow Films Ltd.
Director:Reg Travis
Writing:Michael Armstrong (Original Material By), Richard Raynesford (Screenwriter), Reg Travis (Writer)
Length:93 min.
Rating:R
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Darren Bransford as Giro
Slaine Kelly as Kirsky
Josh Myers as Snake
Sarah Briggs as Jade
Alexander Ellis as Roger
Neil McCaul as The Hunter

Plot:
After suffering a mental breakdown, Susan (Charisma Carpenter), a successful horror novelist, retreats to a picturesque and secluded countryside manor to recover. However things take a terrifying turn when she begins having horrifying visions of a deranged psychopath and a massacre that took place years ago.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This one I bought mostly because it stars Charisma Carpenter... who I have liked since she was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I never even heard of this movie before I did an amazon search on her name this past month. I found this one to be rather strange... and a bit hard to follow at times. But over all I found it entertaining enough to keep my attention. Pretty good... but definitely could have been better.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 2
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 02:59:32 PM »
     Paranormal Activity 2: Unrated Director's Cut (2010/United States)

Paramount Home Entertainment
Director:Tod Williams
Writing:
Length:98 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish, Other

Stars:
David Bierend as Surveillance Camera Expert
Brian Boland as Daniel Rey
Molly Ephraim as Ali Rey
Katie Featherston as Katie
Seth Ginsberg as Brad
Sprague Grayden as Kristi Rey

Plot:
"Paranormal Activity 2 is as groundbreaking as the original". Just as Daniel and Kristi welcome a newborn baby into their home, a demonic presence begins terrorizing them, tearing apart their perfect world and turning it into an inescapable nightmare. Security cameras capture the torment, making every minute horrifyingly real. Critics warn to "say goodbye to sleep" as Paranormal Activity 2 will haunt you long after its shocking final scene.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Unrated & Theatrical Version

My Thoughts:
I know there is a lot of people that don't like this sub-genre of horror... something that seems to be called "Found Footage." Movies such as The Blair Witch Project which uses a shaky camera since it is supposed to be found video footage of the events as they happen. But this is something I have gotten to like quite a bit. I don't know what it is about this type of movie... but I have gotten to the point where I started to seek them out. I really enjoyed Paranormal Activity when I watched it last year... so I was looking forward to watching this one when I was finally able to add it to my collection for this year.

I really enjoyed this one. Not quite as much as I did the first one... but pretty close. I liked the storyline behind this one... about the baby. Sure the movie starts off slow... but it gradually gets better.... giving it a right good ending. Basically I would say if you enjoyed the first one... you should like this one as well.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 3
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
     Tales from the Darkside: The Second Season: Disc 2 (1985/United States)

Paramount Home Entertainment, CBS DVD
Length:172 min.
Rating:NR
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Phyllis Diller
Seth Green
Fritz Weaver
Carolyn Seymour

Plot:
THE TROUBLE WITH MARY JANE
Offered $50,000 to rid a possessed girl of multiple demons, two occultists quickly find themselves having a devil of a time.

URSA MINOR
Joan's daughter new Teddy bear seems cute and cuddly...until sounds of something large moving through the house are heard at night and huge claw marks are found on the walls.

EFFECT AND CAUSE
Everything is turned upside down for Kate when she discovers she has the ability to live backwards.

MONSTERS IN MY ROOM
Little Timmy keeps trying to get his mother and mean stepfather to believe that there are monsters living under his bed...before it's too late.

COMET WATCH
Innocently watching Halley's Comet, astronomer Englebert Ames gets the shock of a lifetime when Sir Edmond Halley himself arrives...trying to elude an obsessed woman.

DREAM GIRL
All the world's a stage when a group of people find themselves trapped as a theater group in a stagehand's dream.

A NEW LEASE ON LIFE
Overjoyed to find an inexpensive apartment with modern amenities, the new tenant soon learns there's something living beneath the surface of his home, sweet home.

PRINTER'S DEVIL
To ensure success, a literary agent convinces a writer to put some blood into his work...along with some other warm-blooded ingredients.

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Felt like working a little on a TV series next. It has been a while since I last watched any of this series so thought this might be a good time to do so. I always saw this series as good enough to collect—I just completed my collection last month—but not really a favorite. While they are entertaining... I usually find the episodes to be a bit on the corny side. Though there is some episodes on this disc I really enjoyed. I especially enjoyed THE TROUBLE WITH MARY JANE, MONSTERS IN MY ROOM and A NEW LEASE ON LIFE. The actor that played the boy in MONSTERS IN MY ROOM was a rather young Seth Green who was of course Oz in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 3
TV Ep. Count: 8
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 03:03:25 PM »
     Death Tunnel (2005)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Philip Adrian Booth
Writing:Shane Dax Taylor (Writer), Philip Adrian Booth (Writer), Christopher Saint Booth (Writer)
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Melanie Lewis as Devon
Yolanda Pecoraro as Elizabeth
Kristin Novak as Ashley
Annie Burgstede as Tori
Steffany Huckaby as Heather
Jason Lasater as Richie

Plot:
One abandoned sanitarium. Five sexy coeds who've been dared to spend the night,. What starts as rowdy fun soon turns into a deadly nightmare as they discover the terrifying secrets that haunt the grisly corridors. Now each door reveals a new horror, every hallway leads to unimaginable suffering, and the only way out is through a 500-foot-long tunnel of death. In this Kentucky sanatorium where it is said 63,000 people died of the infamous "white plague."

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is another movie I never seen before... but I have heard some good things about it from friends. I did enjoy it... though it does get a little weird at times. The movie claims to be based on true events. But you know how that type of thing goes in horror movies. They can take the smallest of true facts and create a completely fictional story around it. For those that don't like it... this movie has a fairly large amount of blood in it. But if that don't bother you... I would say this one is worth checking out.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 4
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »
     Lost Boys: The Thirst (2010/United States)

Warner Home Video
Director:Dario Piana
Writing:Janice Fischer (Original Characters By), James Jeremias (Original Characters By), Evan Charnov (Screenwriter), Hans Rodionoff (Screenwriter), Evan Charnov (Story By)
Length:81 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Corey Feldman as Edgar Frog
Casey B. Dolan as Zoe
Tanit Phoenix as Gwen
Jamison Newlander as Alan Frog
Seb Castang as DJ X
Felix Mosse as Peter

Plot:
As the lost boys and girls of San Cazador prepare to party under the Blood Moon, an alpha vampire conspires to turn these unsuspecting ravers into an army of undead. The only thing that stands between him and the annihilation of the entire human race is the infamous vampire fighting Frog Brothers. Armed with double-barrel holy water balloon launchers and multi-arrow crossbows, Edgar (Corey Feldman) and Alan Frog (Jamison Newlander) join forces to kick some blood-sucker butt in this latest high-energy, action-packed adventure in the Lost Boys franchise.

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
Another first time viewing here. I have always loved the original Lost Boys (Rated 4.5/5). I am also one of the few that enjoyed Lost Boys: The Tribe (Rated 3/5). I had heard that this one was better then part 2... but not as good as part one. And I have to agree with that line of thought. This one is definitely better then part 2... but falls a little short compared to the original movie. I liked the storyline. And I also liked that there was some flashbacks to scenes from the first movie.

Unfortunately there isn't much here when it comes to extra features. Just some unrelated trailers and a 12 minute featurette. I had to watch the featurette mainly because Charisma Carpenter (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) hosted it. Unfortunately it is a very basic featurette on vampires. Covers the same old thing I have seen time after time before on other vampire myth documentaries... with some video from the movie thrown in. The best part about this featurette was Charisma Carpenter's hosting.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 10:56:24 PM »
     Friends: Season 8: The One with the Halloween Party (2001/United States)

Warner Home Video
Director:Gary Halvorson
Writing:Mark Kunerth (Writer)
Length:22 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.0, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Jennifer Aniston as Rachel Green
Courteney Cox as Monica Geller-Bing
Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay
Matt LeBlanc as Joey Tribbiani
Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing
David Schwimmer as Ross Geller

Plot:
At Monica's Halloween party, Phoebe meets her twin sister Ursula's fiancé and finds herself attracted to him as well.

Extras:
  • Feature Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I have been watching a lot of friends lately. Started with season 1 a while back ago. I just today got to season 8... and watched the Halloween episode today. An excellent episode of an excellent series. Really enjoyed every minute of it.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 5
TV Ep. Count: 9
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »

Another first time viewing here. I have always loved the original Lost Boys (Rated 4.5/5). I am also one of the few that enjoyed Lost Boys: The Tribe (Rated 3/5). I had heard that this one was better then part 2... but not as good as part one. And I have to agree with that line of thought. This one is definitely better then part 2... but falls a little short compared to the original movie. I liked the storyline. And I also liked that there was some flashbacks to scenes from the first movie.

Unfortunately there isn't much here when it comes to extra features. Just some unrelated trailers and a 12 minute featurette. I had to watch the featurette mainly because Charisma Carpenter (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) hosted it. Unfortunately it is a very basic featurette on vampires. Covers the same old thing I have seen time after time before on other vampire myth documentaries... with some video from the movie thrown in. The best part about this featurette was Charisma Carpenter's hosting.

I liked the second Lost Boys movie too.  I picked this one up like a month ago.  I want to get to it this month too.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 12:18:16 AM »
    Pterodactyl (2005/United States)

Showtime Entertainment
Director:Mark L. Lester
Writing:Mark Sevi (Writer)
Length:92 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:

Stars:
Cameron Daddo as Michael Lovecraft
Coolio as Captain Bergen
Amy Sloan as Kate Heinlein
George Calil as Serling
Ivo Cutzarida as Yolen
Steve Braun as Willis Bradbury

Plot:
Deep in the heart of the Turkish Forest lies Mt. Ararat, a dormant volcano that holds within itself a deadly and prehistoric secret that has been asleep for millions of years...until now. Not knowing the threat that awaits them, tow separate expeditions make their way into the heart of the forest and closer to the volcano. Captain Bergen (Coolio) leads his military special ops unit on a manhunt for a dangerous terrorist, while Professor Lovecraft (Cameron Daddo) and his team of scientists search for clues to the past when they make a dangerous discovery — hatching Pterodactyl eggs! Faced with the threat of the flesh-eating predators, both groups come to the realization that they must rely on one another if they plan on making out of the forest alive! With non-stop action and explosive graphics, PTERODACTYL will make your fear take flight!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is one I haven't watched since I bought it for last year's marathon. When I first saw the trailer for this one it looked cheesy and low budget... yes... but for some reason it also looked like fun to me. Apparently this one originally was shown on the premium channel Showtime. The pterodactyls themselves looked pretty cool. The gore was definitely present in this one as people wore torn apart. Some of the effects here was decent... but other effects were bad... laughable even. Where this one really failed for me was the writing. The dialog desperately needed a re-write... though the basic story was just fine. I did find that the action and effects brought the picture up enough for me to enjoy the movie. So I am surprisingly glad I have this one in my collection... and can definitely see myself watching it again.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 6
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »
     Cujo (1983/United States)

Artisan Home Entertainment
Director:Lewis Teague
Writing:Stephen King (Original Material By), Don Carlos Dunaway (Screenwriter), Lauren Currier (Screenwriter)
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Dee Wallace as Donna Trenton
Danny Pintauro as Tad Trenton
Daniel Hugh-Kelly as Vic Trenton
Christopher Stone as Steve Kemp
Ed Lauter as Joe Camber
Kaiulani Lee as Charity Camber

Plot:
Monstrous canine evil stalks a helpless, isolated family in this shock-packed horror-thriller from suspense master Stephen King's best-selling novel! Starring Dee Wallace (E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, The Howling, 10), Daniel Hugh-Kelly (Nowhere to Hide) and Ed Lauter (King Kong, Girls Just Want to Have Fun), CUJO unleashes the ultimate in nightmarish, unrelenting terror.

In rural Maine, Vic and Donna Trenton (Hugh-Kelly and Wallace) struggle to repair their crumbling marriage, while their young son Tad (Danny Pintauro) befriends a hulking, lovable, 200-pound St. Bernard named Cujo. With Vic away on business, Donna and Tad take their decrepit car to be fixed at the remote farm of their mechanic (Lauter). As their aging Pinto sputters to a stop and dies, Cujo appears. But the once docile dog has undergone a hideous transformation – and becomes a slavering, demonic, implacable killer possessed by almost supernatural strength...and unholy cunning. Critically acclaimed, CUJO is a fearsome, spine-chilling tour de force from the most popular name in horror!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Earlier this morning I was watching an episode of Friends where Rachel and Joey was watching Cujo. That made me realize I haven't watched that movie in quite a while. When I checked DVD Profiler I see I haven't since April of 2005. So how could I resist? While I can't tell you how it compares to the book... I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. Unfortunately the version I have is full framed and no extras what so ever. This is one movie I would love to upgrade to the special edition. The young boy in this movie is played by Danny Pintauro who some of you may know from the TV Series Who's the Boss. This is a movie I would feel comfortable recommending to other horror fans.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 7
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »
     Creepshow III (2006/United States)

HBO Video
Director:Ana Clavell, James Dudelson
Writing:Ana Calvell (Writer), James Dudelson (Writer), Scott Frazelle (Writer), Pablo Pappanno (Writer), Alex Ugelow (Writer)
Length:104 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Stephanie Pettee as Alice
Roy Abramsohn as Father/Detective Jacobs
Susan Schramm as Mother
Bunny Gibson as Grandmother/Dean Thompson

Plot:
Lock the door, close the blinds, draw up your comforter and get set for more thrills, spills and chills with the third installment of Creepshow. Five new ghoulishly clever takes on the classic '50s horror comics, each an exercise in pure terror. Hair-raising tales about alternative realities, demonic possession and blood-sucking vampires. Nail-biting yarns about serial killers, mad scientists and hauntings from beyond the grave. It's all here in Creepshow 3, your ticket to more merrily macabre fun.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I have always liked the first two Creepshow movies... but I have always heard this third installment really sucked big-time. So I kept putting a purchase off. Then I saw it at Amazon Marketplace for only a dollar... and I figured that is cheap enough to take a chance and form my own opinion on it. Unfortunately I pretty much agree. I wouldn't say it sucks big-time but it is nowhere near that caliber of the first two movies. This one has all the storylines intertwined with-in each other. Which is ok... but I prefer how the first two movies did it. Keeping them completely separated. This isn't one I would recommend buying. Really nothing here that is worth the money.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 8
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 06:07:01 PM »
     The Hitchhiker: Disc 1 (1983/United States)

HBO Video
Director:1. Last Scene: Paul Verhoeven 2. Nightshift: Phillip Noyce 3. The Miracle of Alice Ames: Bruno Gantillon 4. Ghostwriter: Carl Schenkel 5. Man's Best Friend: Philip Noyce
Writing:1. Last Scene: Richard Rothstein (Story By), Robert J. Avrech (Screenwriter), 2. Nightshift: April Campbell (Story By), Bruce Jones (Story By), William Darrid (Screenwriter), 3. The Miracle of Alice Ames: Jeremy Lipp (Story By), Naomi Janzen (Screenwriter), 4. Ghostwriter: Thomas Baum (Story By), Thomas Baum (Screenwriter), 5. Man's Best Friend: April Campbell (Story By), Bruce Jones (Story By), Nevin Schreiner (Screenwriter)
Length:128 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, English: Dolby Digital: Mono

Stars:
Page Fletcher as The Hitchhiker
Peter Coyote as Alex
Margot Kidder
Darren McGavin as The Old Man
Joe Pantoliano as Brother Charles
Barry Bostwick as Tony
Willem Dafoe as Jeffrey

Plot:
1. Last Scene
The chilling story of a movie director who will do anything to get a good performance out of his leading lady.

2. Nightshift
A cruel nurse at a retirement home bullies her patients to suit her whim. She and her boyfriend have it made until new "patient" Darren McGavin prescribes some treatment of his own.

3. The Miracle of Alice Ames
A bogus preacher preys upon the misfortune of homeless women, leading them toward prostitution under the guise of spreading the word of "brotherly love." His money-making scam comes to a halt when mysterious stigmata appear on the hands of one of his flock as she performs her "mission."

4. Ghostwriter
A struggling author fakes his own death. But when his cheating wife and best friend make it real, somebody is dying for revenge.

5. Man's Best Friend
Kicked out by his wife and blaming the world for his troubles, Richard bunks at a friend's beach pad. The stray dog he takes in becomes more than just a pet.

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Closed Captioned
  • Episode Synopsis

My Thoughts:
This is an old HBO series that I haven't seen since they originally aired back when I was a young teen of about 13 or 14. So naturally I was concerned about whether the show would hold up to the test of time or not. Thankfully it held up rather well for me. I enjoyed watching these episodes quite a bit. My favorite episode on this disc would have to be Nightshift. That one kept my attention a bit better then the others.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 14
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »
     100 Years of Horror: The Complete Collection: Disc 4 (1996/United States)

Length:26 min.
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Christopher Lee as Host
Brinke Stevens as Herself
Gloria Talbott as Herself
Nina Foch as Herself
Don Glut as Himself

Plot:
GIRL GHOULS
Men don't have a lock on the horror movie. There were plenty of frightful females to go around, as you will see in this solute to demonic dames.

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good short documentary. Most of the shows covered in this one I already knew of... but there was still one or two that piqued my interest.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 14
Other Count: 1
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 06:12:26 AM »
Director:1. Last Scene: Paul Verhoeven 2. Nightshift: Phillip Noyce 3. The Miracle of Alice Ames: Bruno Gantillon 4. Ghostwriter: Carl Schenkel 5. Man's Best Friend: Philip Noyce
:o

That's an impressive line up. I shall place this on my wish list...