Author Topic: 2 Blu-Rays to trade  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
2 Blu-Rays to trade
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:31:25 PM »
I'm looking for a trade for 2 brand new sealed Blu-Ray DVDs I want to get rid of. Anyone interested in The Rookie: UPC 786936749786 and/or Spiderman 3: UPC 043396239166?

BigTim

Re: 2 Blu-Rays to trade
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:16:05 PM »
Could I perhaps write you a money order and just purchase them outright?  I would be interested in both.  Or take a look at my collection  Tim's Collection  and see if there is a deal we might make.  I would prefer the former but always open to new ideas.  Let me know. 

THANKS!

BIG TIM

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 04:15:37 PM »
I got The Rookie from the Disney Movie Club as my birthday promotion - all I had to do was pay the shipping which was $4.99 (I think). I picked it up for my mom but she already had it.

I don't remember where I got Spiderman. But, it under the UPC symbol is a little note that says "not for sale promotional use only". So, I'm not comfortable selling this one.

If you don't want to trade, and you want both, I'll only charge you what I paid plus whatever it costs to send them. So, it would be $4.99 plus shipping.

If you're still interested let me know. You can send me a pm with your address and I can mail them out and let you know the exact total. I can take a check, money order or I have a paypay account.

BigTim

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:39:15 PM »
PM Sent.  AWESOME!!!!!!  THANKS!

Big Tim

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
"not for sale promotional use only". So, I'm not comfortable selling this one.

It's second hand, it really doesn't apply any more. It was just a warning at the time that because it was being provided in good faith for review or other promotional purposes, the recipient shouldn't profit from it.

You get the same sorts of warnings on rental editions ("not to be sold as retail") or discs that were part of a box-set ("not to be sold separately"). The only one I know of that any regulators try to enforce on Ebay, for instance, is when you are selling a DVD from a different Region Code to your country's, because that means it was never effectively licensed for sale and doesn't have a certificate (in my case, everything must have the BBFC age code on it).

I know you probably don't intend to profit from them, but you shouldn't let such labels make you uncomfortable. No-one would think ill of you for putting it on a car boot! ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:01:33 PM »
"not for sale promotional use only". So, I'm not comfortable selling this one.
It's second hand, it really doesn't apply any more. It was just a warning at the time that because it was being provided in good faith for review or other promotional purposes, the recipient shouldn't profit from it.
I can tell you first hand (most here know my good relations with some labels owners) that it's a valid warning and selling them can get someone in trouble (as they were sent free to review website). In fact, almost all the label did cut the ammount of screeners they send exactly for this reason. The owner had no problem at all with the second hand market as the product was paid already (in fact they tolerate it) but the screeners are a different beast...

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 11:14:24 PM »
Yeah, I can understand that for screeners. I shouldn't have said "for reviews" in my last post because I never meant a screener disc, just those that are clearly retail versions. But remember we're talking about a 10 year old very mainstream film, not an independent label that would be concerned about losing sales in the first months of release.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 11:26:54 PM »
But remember we're talking about a 10 year old very mainstream film, not an independent label that would be concerned about losing sales in the first months of release.
Yeah I'm sure the studio who did release Spiderman 3 made more money with it than every small label owners I know with everything they had released in years... :laugh:

Funny but at the same time it's a little bit sad... at least for me :(

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 12:59:15 AM »
I'm throwing in that DVD. I can't do something if it isn't right - and selling this doesn't feel right.
Besides, I don't think Big Tim minds getting a freebie!  :P

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 01:26:03 AM »
Kathy it was just a rhetorical discussion between me and Jon... Don't worry I ain't the "screeners" police and even less for a big studio like Paramount :laugh:

But I was the "illegal downloading" police for two labels for a couple of years  ;D

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »
Big Tim,

I don't know if you have this site set to alert you when you have a pm but I sent you one. Your movies are in the mail and you should be getting them Monday.