Author Topic: FantasyFilmFest 2011  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
FantasyFilmFest 2011
« on: September 08, 2011, 12:27:53 AM »
Because it's tradition, I have created a thread for this year's FantasyFilmFest, even though I only watched two movies this year. There wasn't really anything else which appealed to me. Only one other movie I would have watched, if I wouldn't have already owned it on Blu-ray: "Super" with Rainn Wilson

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: FantasyFilmFest 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 12:35:15 AM »
     The Revenant (2011/United Kingdom)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Universal Pictures (United Kingdom)
Director:Kerry Prior
Writing:Kerry Prior (Writer)
Length:118 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.35
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, German: DTS 5.1
Subtitles:Dutch, English, French, German

Stars:
David Anders as Bart Gregory
Chris Wylde as Joey Luebner
Louise Griffiths as Janet
Jacy King as Mathilda
Eric Payne as Baily

Plot:
Dead soldier Bart Gregory has two problems: 1) he's a zombie and 2) he needs blood - lots of blood - or he'll "die" all over again. Turning to his best buddy Joey for support, the two hatch a plan to guarantee supply and create a win-win situation. Convinced that no one will miss the drug dealers and killers of their corrupt city, the friends become "The Vigilante Gun Slingers", turning the scum of the streets into snacks for Bart... Both belly-bustin' and blood-thirsty, The Revenant is a fantastic action-packed horror comedy with a difference!

Extras:
  • Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
The first movie I have seen is "The Revenant". This one is really funny. It stars David Anders, whom I know from "Heroes". His character has died and he awakens. He looks like a zombie but he still has his full mind. His behaviour is more like a vampire. His best friend helps him getting human blood, which he needs.

Rating:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:06:55 AM by Tom »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: FantasyFilmFest 2011
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 12:42:59 AM »
Attack the Block

This one I didn't enjoy as much. This is your typical monster movie. Well done, but this is not really my kind of movie, except if it's a full-on comedy. It doesn't help that I didn't root for the characters and was hoping the whole movie, that the alien monsters get them so that it is finally over. The main characters are a street-gang mugging people. Of course, the movie is the typical "they are really nice guys underneath - bullshit" movie. For me they are still assholes, who would deserve getting eaten by the aliens.

My rating: