Author Topic: RossRoy's Random Viewings  (Read 292478 times)

Najemikon

Re: RossRoy's Random Viewings
« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
You know, that's actually a good suggestion! I've been somewhat scared of these 3 movies to be perfectly honest. But now, I can't say I don't have time.. I currently have all the time in the world! ;)
You are scared to look at some great looking nude women  :o :laugh:

Jimmy, he's only just getting rid of one swelling in his jeans. He doesn't need another... :devil:

RossRoy

« Reply #241 on: March 07, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »
You know, that's actually a good suggestion! I've been somewhat scared of these 3 movies to be perfectly honest. But now, I can't say I don't have time.. I currently have all the time in the world! ;)
You are scared to look at some great looking nude women  :o :laugh:

Jimmy, he's only just getting rid of one swelling in his jeans. He doesn't need another... :devil:

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2009, 03:34:21 PM »
It seems cellulitis is not what I thought it is... (will have to follow that link...)

Good to hear you are already getting better over there!

No XBOX for few days seems hard... WRY(not)P these days? I am currently on trophy achievement hunt in GTA IV and play a bit Killzone 2 (less than I "should").

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2009, 04:17:02 PM »
It seems cellulitis is not what I thought it is... (will have to follow that link...)
What you mean is cellulite.

It's like silicone and silicon - not the same thing. ;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2009, 10:04:59 PM »
What you mean is cellulite.

It's like silicone and silicon - not the same thing. ;)

It's even worse in french.. Both condition have the exact same word: Cellulite

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »
In German, the colloquial term for Cellulite is Zellulitis, even though the medical correct term is Cellulite.
So also in German, both conditions are usually referred to by the same word: Zellulitis
This is why Achim confused it here, as did I.

RossRoy

« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2009, 01:53:07 AM »
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Original Title: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Year: 2008
Director:
Rating: PG
Length: 122 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

What they say
'STEVEN SPIELBERG' and 'GEORGE LUCAS' bring you the greatest adventurer of all time in a film packed with "sensational, awe-inspiring spectacles" (Roger Ebert, 'CHICAGO SUN-TIMES'). 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' finds Indy (Harrison Ford) trying to outrace a brilliant and beautiful agent (Cate Blanchett) for the mystical, all-powerful Crystal Skull of Akator in a quest that is filled with "spectacular fun" (Claudia Puig, 'USA TODAY'). Teaming up with a rebellious young biker (Shia LaBeouf) and his spirited original love Marion (Karen Allen), Indy takes you on an action-packed adventure in the exciting tradition of the classic 'Indiana Jones' movies!

My Thoughts
Indy's back! That's all I can think of after seeing the movie. It's all there: the impossible situations where Indy gets out with an ever more improbable solution, the bar fights, the car chases, the mythos surrounding it all. This is a fine Indiana Jones. It's got really beautiful set pieces. Some great tongue in cheek humour (even acknowledging Indy age!), the one-liners are there too.

There's iconic images that stick to my mind after seeing this movie.

I love the Indy reveal at the beginning, where the camera points to his shadow and he puts on his hat and takes his iconic pose with the Indy March lightly creeping into the music.

I also love, for some reason, the image of Indy looking towards the mushroom cloud of the nuclear test bomb.

I loved Cate Blanchett in the role. There's a closeup shot of her face holding a sword to Indy's throat that I can't get enough of. Her's blue eyes contrasting with her dark hair gets to me every time (same reason I love Rena Sofer so much. I don't why, but I have a thing for women with light blue eyes but dark hair. Even if it's not their natural color).

This fourth Indy accomplishes very well what it set out to do: Give a popcorn flick - Indy style!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 02:00:40 AM by RossRoy »

RossRoy

« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2009, 01:59:54 AM »
run fatboy run

Original Title: run fatboy run
Year: 2008
Director: David Schwimmer
Rating: 14A
Length: 100 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: English, French

What they say
It's the London Marathon, and thousands of feet pound along the Thames Embankment. Two of those feet belong to out-of-shape, out-of-luck Dennis Doyle. He's running to gain the respect (and hopefully, the love) of Libby, the girl he left pregnant and heartbroken at the altar five years earlier. And running alongside Dennis is Libby's handsome, successful, self-confident and 'very' fit new boyfriend. Simon Pegg ('Hot Fuzz'), Thandie Newton ('Crash') and Hank Azaria ('The Simpsons') star in a runaway laughfest from debuting director David Schwimmer ('Friends'). Can Dennis win back what he lost by lacing up some hi-tech footwear? One thing's for sure: He's putting his heart and soles into the attempt.

My Thoughts
I found the movie enjoyable. I did laugh at a few gags. But the story is so improbable and, at times, it feels forced. It's an entertaining watch, but they drag on a bit, especially at the end. Without revealing too much, let's just say that there's not much chance of the resolution to this movie actually happening in real life, and in a sense, that works against it. Not that I expect realism at every corner in a movie, but some sense of logic is needed sometimes. Running a 26 miles marathon is no easy feat. So, for an average guy to actually complete, in the condition he's in at the end? Didn't work for me.

But, if you are willing to leave out some logic and turn parts of your brain off while watching, what's there is a good heartfelt, feel good, almost romantic comedy. It's clichéd, it's predictable, highly so even, but it's still enjoyable. Just don't expect anything too fancy.

Also, the movie may star Simon Pegg, but it's nowhere near the same league as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz!. Thandie Newton's hotness does lift up the movie though  :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2009, 04:09:59 AM »
The Seduction of Misty Mundae

Original Title: The Seduction of Misty Mundae
Year: 2005
Director: Michael Raso
Rating: NR
Length: 83 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles:

What they say
Shy 18-year-old Misty (Misty Mundae) is staying with her aunt Inga (Julian Wells) for a week in the country. Naïve and innocent, yet on the verge of sexual discovery, Misty wants to learn all she can from her seductive aunt about the desires that have begun to stir within her. Misty loses her virginity to the teenage boy next door, and it whets her appetite for further sensual adventures. So when she discovers that Inga prefers the company of beautiful young women, it unleashes Misty's deepest yearnings to see and experience each and very pleasure that lies at her fingertips. How far will Misty go…and with whom?

My Thoughts
Well, I did it. I, finally, watched one of the movies I ordered after our resident unorthodox movie fan, Jimmy.

So, did I like it? Well yeah! It was actually much better than I expected. Yet, I can't say I really knew what I was getting into. Sure, after ordering, I did look around to try and figure out what it's all about, but I was still surprised.

I just read Jimmy's review of the film (I probably should've written my own, before reading his, but oh well), and I must say, I agree with all he said. The two leads, Misty Mundae and Julian Wells, are perfect in their respective role, and I must give mucho kudos to Misty Mundae. She manages to make you actually believe that she is all innocent at the beginning of the movie. Some of the faces she makes as she sees her aunt "perform" for the "first time" in her life are priceless. And I must admit, Misty Mundae is cute as a button. I also like the fact that all the girls in the movie, look like girls you could meet anywhere. They look great, yet not too "artificial". Kudos for that.

I'll admit though, this is not entirely my cup of tea. I liked the movie, it was enjoyable, but it's not something I'd watch regularly. It may be the "first time" factor, and the fact that I'm not used to these type of movies. It may be a type of movie that grows on you, that you like more and more with time. At this point, I don't know. All I know is while I did enjoy the movie, and I'm still curious to see more, it may take a little while for me to dive in again with the other two I bought (Sinful & Chantal).

First contact has been established - let's see where it leads me ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2009, 05:31:46 AM »
Glad that you had appreciated it. I was surprise too when I've watched it, normally the production of this label aren't really good. This is based on a Joe Sarno's movie and I'm a fan of him, so it's not that surprising that I had liked it (it's even in my top 25). Usually erotic movie are boring, honestly I've enough movies to watch the real stuff. But, I can always appreciate a nice story when I see one and this film is one of those.

Don't expect the same for the 2 others. Chantal is the best movie of Misty Mundae but the mood is more dark and depressing. Sinfull is a very confusing "horror" movie but a good one. At least you don't have "Lust for Dracula" that is a real weird one where everyone is a woman from Dracula to Jonathan Harker.

RossRoy

« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2009, 05:45:03 AM »
At least you don't have "Lust for Dracula" that is a real weird one where everyone is a woman from Dracula to Jonathan Harker.

Well.. I had it. Acquired from "questionable" sources. Then I needed to free up some space, so I had to delete it.

Usually erotic movie are boring, honestly I've enough movies to watch the real stuff. But, I can always appreciate a nice story when I see one and this film is one of those.

I think that's what threw me off a bit. I didn't expect it to be that much erotic, and the problem I think I have with it, is that it's painfully obviously that they're faking it, especially both scenes with Billy (Mario Duchi). But at the same time, the sex scenes do serve the movie and further the story, and they are played well and realistically. It's really odd.

RossRoy

« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2009, 05:50:33 AM »
No XBOX for few days seems hard...

Yeah, it's hard. I was on a roll on Lost Odyssey, collecting the dreams, seeds, slot seeds and doing the treasure hunt before going further with the story. I'm at disc 4 of 4 and I was quite enjoying it. I just hope I still feel like playing it when I get that catheter out of my hand - that I won't jump to another game. I really want to start finishing games before moving to another one. I have too many unfinished games: Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, Fallout 3, Fable II, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, GTA IV.... I really need to start finishing those...

You know there's a problem when Part 2 of a game is about to come out, and you've yet to finish Part 1 (Mass Effect). So you have to avoid announcement trailers and reading about the game, in case it spoils something for the first part  :-\

WRY(not)P these days?

??? ???
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 05:52:14 AM by RossRoy »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2009, 08:35:16 AM »
WRY(not)P these days?

??? ???
Never read the abbreveation, but I assume: What are you (not) playing these days. But IMHO it has to be WRU(not)P, like in "2 Fast 4 U?"
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
 :-[ Well, yes, it should have been WRUP and means exactly what Karsten said. Bloody ol' typo on my part.

Sorry for getting back on the health issue. Just wanted to say that the link you gave actually went to the "disease" I was thinking of ("orange peel skin") whereas I have actually never heard of the other cellulitis...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »
I have too many unfinished games: Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, Fallout 3, Fable II, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, GTA IV.... I really need to start finishing those...
I am kind of glad to see I am not the only one with such issues...

Among others (just what pops into my head) I have unfinished: Bioshock, Tomb Raider Underworld, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4 & 5. And then I should still do some extra playing in some finished ones to collect those trophies... Well, at least I just decided not to add Resident Evil 5 to that list...

You know there's a problem when Part 2 of a game is about to come out, and you've yet to finish Part 1 (Mass Effect).
I thought that's not supposed to be released until late this year? The recent trailer was merely a teaser...? But then, seeing the pile of unfinished games, it's not really about the time but quantity...