Author Topic: RossRoy's Random Viewings  (Read 292471 times)

richierich

Re: My Random Viewings
« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »
Lost: The Complete Fourth Season

Original Title: Lost: The Complete Fourth Season
Year: 2008
Director:
Rating: TV-14
Length: 604 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital Surround, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital Mono
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

What they say
Immerse yourself in the boldest show on television with every mysterious twist and turn of LOST's addivtive Fourth Season. Exploding with excitement and never-before-seen extras, LOST reaches new heights on DVD.

More than three months after their fateful crash, the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 will discover that the only thing more dangerous than the island might be the people who have come to rescue them.

Dive deep into this captivating 6-disc DVD box set, complete with original flashbacks, mind-bending flash-forwards and an astonishing world of exclusive bonus features. Experience one of the most groundbreaking shows in television history and "let LOST remind you of how spectacular scripted network programming can be," says USA Today.

My thoughts
And the plot thickens yet again. Boy the mysteries and twists just keep on coming. They even bring back stuff from Season 1 and create new mysteries around them!

So far, the story of Lost has been mostly told by mixing the current events with flashbacks to flesh out the characters and explain/solve some mysteries. They have a new device this season: flashforwards! And I love them! It's obvious that it's a new toy for the writers - they make EXTENSIVE use of them. But it's all good. I loved it.

Again, as usual, even though the season is relatively short - there are only 13 episodes (well, 14 if count the double length finale as 2) - there is still a lot going on and many more intertwining of story and mysteries that just keep on getting thicker and thicker.

And the season ends with a bang - and season 5 has just shot right up on my wishlist and will be bought first thing when it comes out. I can't wait to see how it all plays out and how every little bits and pieces fit together. Because characters you thought were "bad" are turning to be not so bad after all. And some who you thought as "good" - might not be as good as originally thought.

I'm really excited about it all. Since the show has already been confirmed for a total of 6 seasons - ending in May 2010 - it's a little sad to know it will all end then, but at the same time, that means the the production team can really map out all the events and conclude it in a way that will answer all questions.

I can't wait!

Thganks for the good write-up, it's on my mantlepiece for viewing this weekend  :thanks:

RossRoy

Re: RossRoy's Random Viewings
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2009, 06:08:16 PM »
Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.0

Original Title: Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.0
Year: 2008
Director: Razor
Rating: 14A
Length: 437 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

What they say
They've traveled millions of miles and defied relentless attackers, but nothing will prepare the human race for what lies ahead as Battlestar Galactica 4.0 arrives on DVD! In ten gripping episodes, relive each pivotal moment as the civil war amongst the Cylons escalates and the quest for Earth continues. Loaded with riveting bonus features, this 4-disc set includes the unrated, extended version fo Battlestar Galactica: Razor that never aired on television. Presented uninterrupted and in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, it's the epic phenomenon that critics call "a truly great show!" (Mary McNamara, Los Angeles Times)

My Thoughts
Galactica is back!

After a somewhat lacking season 3, it's good to see Galactica back, and in full force! Some big surprises packed in these 10 episodes. It ends on a somewhat bleak note, but then, it's Battlestar Galactica we're talking, what else can you expect? Hehe ;) Of course it's not over yet, season 4.5 is airing right now. And I can't wait to see where it's headed from here!

RossRoy

« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2009, 10:52:33 PM »
Well, I'll soon be starting a "Get Well Soon Marathon".

I'm under home administered intraveinous antobiotics for the next four days. So I'm stuck with a catheter in my right hand, which means I won't be able to play Xbox for the next few days. I'm also off work at least until tuesday, and I have to minimize any movement, so I'll be stuck at the computer watching movies for a little while.

For those of you who care about that sort of things, what I have is a Cellulitis in my right leg.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2009, 10:59:29 PM »
Just take it easy and enjoy some movies Sébastien!

Oh... and if you find yourself getting bored maybe you can manage doing the gallery site update.  ;) :P
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2009, 11:09:01 PM »
I hope you get well soon!
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2009, 11:38:10 PM »
I'm sorry you aren't well and I hope you heal quickly. I agree with Pete, it's time to catch up on your unwatched pile!

RossRoy

« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2009, 12:23:15 AM »
Oh... and if you find yourself getting bored maybe you can manage doing the gallery site update.  ;) :P

That's actually what I am working on right now! ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2009, 01:01:30 AM »

:yahoo: When done I will be sure to announce it at the other forum  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2009, 02:50:22 AM »
Well, I'll soon be starting a "Get Well Soon Marathon".
Maybe it's the time to watch the 3 movies that you have bought because of one of my order last year. At least they will make you feel good :devil:

Take your time to rest well and don't go play Guitar Hero. Just think that you have just got a long weekend, so relax in front of your computer and take care of yourself.

RossRoy

« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2009, 04:46:41 AM »
Maybe it's the time to watch the 3 movies that you have bought because of one of my order last year. At least they will make you feel good :devil:

You know, that's actually a good suggestion! I've been somewhat scared of these 3 movies to be perfectly honest. But now, I can't say I don't have time.. I currently have all the time in the world! ;)

RossRoy

« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2009, 05:02:59 AM »

:yahoo: When done I will be sure to announce it at the other forum  :thumbup:

Oh shit! I can't remember the admin password  :bag:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2009, 05:28:11 AM »
I hope you get better soon. 

RossRoy

« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2009, 05:48:20 AM »
It's amazing how fast antibiotics can work. I've just taken the third dose, and the swelling is already less than it was (I have some liberty within my jeans, which I didn't have before going to the hospital). And it stopped hurting for the most part.

So treatment is going well! Still 3 days to go! ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2009, 06:43:26 AM »
That's good that the antibiotics have started to work already.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2009, 08:23:31 AM »
You know, that's actually a good suggestion! I've been somewhat scared of these 3 movies to be perfectly honest. But now, I can't say I don't have time.. I currently have all the time in the world! ;)
You are scared to look at some great looking nude women  :o :laugh:
Don't forget to let me know your impressions on those films after you had watched them. Not necessarely a review but at least if you have like them or not.