Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2  (Read 7110 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 06:35:48 AM »
The 3D was ok.  It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't really impressive either.  Most of it was a subtle effect..which was ok.  I have a feeling it was more noticeable when the snake lunged..I closed my eyes for those parts again..  I so did not need or want to see that snake in 3D. 
There wasn't a lot of stuff standing out like it would hit the audience in the face.  But I did notice some things that stood out a bit more.  Mostly it just added more..well..depth to scenes.
It was in a smaller theater ..and a smaller screen...I don't know if that changes how the 3D looks or not. 

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 06:51:33 AM »
I so did not need or want to see that snake in 3D.
The CGI wasn't that bad...

:devil:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 07:55:17 AM »
That isn't what I meant. :p
I meant because of my extreme snake phobia.  I know it is CGI...I still freak out.  Can't help it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 04:24:54 PM »
That isn't what I meant. :p
I meant because of my extreme snake phobia.  I know it is CGI...I still freak out.  Can't help it.
I knew, well, I guessed. Like Indiana Jones ;) You mind spiders...? I run away screaming like a little girl from those...

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 04:56:27 PM »
I live on Armbruster Street in Armbruster's old farm house. Back in the 1800's there was a slaughter house in the acreage that is now my spare lots. The ground is extremely fertile from the hundreds of years of blood and scraps that permeated the area.

I've planted dozens of trees and hundreds of bushes, plants, etc. since I moved in. It is a haven for all kinds of animals. I get deer, eagles, hawks, foxes, you name it - I've seen it. Tens of thousands of monarch butterflies even stop by each year on their journey down south.

Oh boy would you too hate to visit me - snakes and spiders call my yard home. I'm afraid if you stepped outside you would run into both!

MEJHarrison

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 07:21:43 PM »
Make that three.  But my phobia is more general.  I just don't like any bugs or creepy-crawlies.  Pretty much anything smaller than a cat. :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »

I knew, well, I guessed. Like Indiana Jones ;) You mind spiders...? I run away screaming like a little girl from those...

Ah. Ok.    Yes that's me..like Indiana Jones..at least when it comes to that. :)
In real life, I'll run screaming from spiders too.  My step father has laughed at me over it.  Several years ago I encountered one in the my bathtub that was kind of big...freaked me the hell out..its a wonder I didn't fall over the toilet in my hasty retreat.   :laugh:
For whatever reason, spiders in movies don't bother me at all.  I don't like bugs either.  Someone brought in a box at work...someone else was working with the people..box full of records I think.  Anyway, one day I saw a big bug crawling out if..freaked me the heck out.  Did the manager too - she was the one working with them.  She said later that more bugs came out of the box at different times.  She didn't even want to touch the box..which I understand.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 06:13:03 AM »
My father would not laugh at me for that though. Why? he is right with me on the issue :laugh: We'd usually ask mom to kill them :bag: Of course, now that I live 10,000km away from home, that's no longer an option. Although, when I encountered that spider that was as large as my hand I was lucky that some friends came over just that moment. But even that is a few years back and now I mostly meat the odd cockroach or maybe some ants (who appear and disappear from/into thin air) in myapparment (*frantically knocks on wood*).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:15:28 AM by Achim »

MEJHarrison

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 07:03:03 PM »
I finally made it to the theater last night.  And you're right, it was a fantastic movie.  I didn't care so much for part 1.  I realize that they had to split it and it does follow the book roughly.  Unfortunately, the first half of the book is a bit slow and that came out in the movie.  Having both parts to watch will make it much better.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 05:51:41 AM »
I finally made it to the theater last night.  And you're right, it was a fantastic movie.  I didn't care so much for part 1.  I realize that they had to split it and it does follow the book roughly.  Unfortunately, the first half of the book is a bit slow and that came out in the movie.  Having both parts to watch will make it much better.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)