Author Topic: Captain America: The First Avenger  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Captain America: The First Avenger
« on: August 02, 2011, 07:17:42 AM »
I went to see this on opening day.  I honestly thought I had already posted about it here.  The extreme heat we've had this summer must have melted my brain.

I didn't know that much about Captain America before seeing this movie..most of what I knew came from watching the animated Avenger movies.  I liked the origin story and how it showed how determined Steve was to join and fight in the war only to be turned down time after time because of health issues.  His being basically a weakling didn't help matters either. 

I really liked seeing Tony's father.  He is a lot like Tony in some ways, though he didn't seem quite as reckless as Tony was at the beginning of the Iron Man movie.  He clearly is brilliant, and it is kind of cool to see where Tony got it from.  Steve is recruited by a special unit in the Army..it sort of seems like it might be an earlier version of S.H.I.E.L.D.  Early in the movie, the villain is seen going after something he wants as a weapon.  I'm pretty sure he mentioned Odin at that point..which helps tie the movie into the other Marvel movies.

The action scenes were done well as were the special effects.  I saw the normal 2D version. 
The cast all did well with their parts.  Chris Evans really annoyed me in the Fantastic Four movies, but he didn't in this movie. 

It is definitely worth it to stay through the credits.

(click to show/hide)

I really enjoyed this movie and think it is well worth seeing.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Captain America: The First Avenger

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Captain America: The First Avenger
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 11:20:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure he mentioned Odin at that point..
They sure did... The artefact he was after came from Odin, or something like that.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Captain America: The First Avenger
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure he mentioned Odin at that point..
They sure did... The artefact he was after came from Odin, or something like that.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)