Author Topic: TV Stars in the Movies: On-Going Mega Marathon  (Read 31928 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: TV Stars in the Movies: On-Going Mega Marathon
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »
     Teen Wolf Too (1987/United States)

MGM Home Entertainment
Director:Christopher Leitch
Writing:Joseph Loeb III (Original Characters By), Matthew Weisman (Original Characters By), R. Timothy Kring (Screenwriter), Joseph Loeb III (Story By), Matthew Weisman (Story By)
Length:94 min.
Rating:PG
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Jason Bateman as Todd Howard
Kim Darby as Professor Brooks
John Astin as Dean Dunn
Paul Sand as Coach Finstock
James Hampton as Uncle Harold
Mark Holton as Chubby

Plot:
Meet a college freshman who's having trouble fitting into his "genes" – family ones, that is – when he finds out his uncle and cousin are werewolves...and so is he! Now the clean-cut science student is the star of the boxing team with a hair-raising right hook and an animal attraction to his curvy coeds. Starring Jason Bateman (Necessary Roughness), this four-fang film is sure to bring out the party animal in everyone!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is some good cheesy fun much like the first one. Though not quite as good as the first. It is really not much more then an average fun movie. Pretty much this movie is more of the same as the first one... just substituting basketball with boxing. I never been much of a Jason Bateman fan. I mean I have nothing against him... He is ok I guess... but not someone I would be seeking out other movies/shows of.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »
     From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money (1999/United States)

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Dimension Home Video
Director:Scott Spiegel
Writing:Scott Spiegel (Screenwriter), Duane Whitaker (Screenwriter), Scott Spiegel (Story By), Boaz Yakin (Story By)
Length:88 min.
Rating:R
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Bruce Campbell as Barry
Tiffani-Amber Thiessen as Pam
Robert Patrick as Buck
Stacie Bourgeois as Marcy
Duane Whitaker as Luther
Terry Norton as Teri Harper

Plot:
Get ready for nonstop action when a bank-robbing gang of misfits heads to Mexico with the blueprints for the perfect million-dollar heist! But when one of the key crooks wanders into the wrong bar…and crosses the wrong vampire…the thieving cohorts one by one develop a thirst for blood to match their hunger for money! Ultimately, the last fully human burglar (Robert Patrick – The Faculty, Striptease, Terminator 2) is forced to join with his arch rival, a Texas sheriff (Bo Hopkins – Phantoms, The Newton Boys, U-Turn), in an action-packed, kill-or-be-killed battle to stop these evil creatures and save their own lives!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This one is definitely not as good as the first From Dusk Till Dawn movie... it did loose a lot within just one sequel. But at the same time I still enjoyed this movie. I did find it weird how they still wanting to pull the bank robbery even after they are vampires. But it was entertaining enough to make it worth the hour and a half I put into it. Unfortunately this DVD has no extras what so ever... not even any trailers what so ever. Matter of fact... as soon as you pop this disc in it automatically starts the movie. Something I never cared for. I much rather it go to the menu first... as I have a tendency to pop a disc in... and while it is loading go get a drink of water... maybe pop a bag of popcorn or what have you.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 08:02:33 PM »
     Vamp (1986/United States)

Anchor Bay Entertainment
Director:Richard Wenk
Writing:Donald P. Borchers (Story By), Richard Wenk (Story By), Richard Wenk (Screenwriter)
Length:94 min.
Rating:R
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Chris Makepeace as Keith
Sandy Baron as Vic
Robert Rusler as AJ
Dedee Pfeiffer as Amaretto
Gedde Watanabe as Duncan
Grace Jones as Katrina

Plot:
A group of fraternity pledges head for the seedy side of the city in search of strippers and discover a sinister spot called The After Dark Club. But when the bar's luscious dancers turn out to be bloodthirsty vampires led by the kinky Katrina (GRACE JONES), the evening takes on a freaky new twist. Can these guys survive a bizarre onslaught on vixens and vamps, or will the armies of the undead take the ultimate bite out of their night.

CHRIS MAKEPEACE (MEATBALLS), ROBERT RUSLER (WEIRD SCIENCE), GEDDE WATANABE (SIXTEEN CANDLES) and DEDEE PFEIFFER co-star in this outrageously sexy horror comedy that features wild makeup effects by Oscar®-winner GREG CANNOM (DRACULA, THE MASK).

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Short 'Dracula Bites The Big Apple'

My Thoughts:
Vamp is not what I would call a great movie by any means... but it is definitely a lot of fun. It has a good mixture of comedy and horror. Though it is over the top at times. At first I wasn't sure what I thought of Grace Jones as the Vampire Katrina... but she did fine in this movie... and definitely brought something to the role. Over-all this is just a leave your brain at the door pop-corn flick type of movie. One that I just enjoy popping in once in a while.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 08:42:09 PM »
Next TV Series in My Collection
The next series I own is The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Adventures of Superman & ALF... but I have no movies with actors from those series... so I must go on to the next series, which is...

Alias

Possibilities:
Note that these are only some of the possibilities I could watch... no way I could list them all.
Jennifer Garner
  • 13 Going on 30
  • Catch Me if You Can
  • Daredevil
  • Elektra
  • Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
  • Pearl Harbor
Ron Rifkin
  • Boiler Room
  • Dragonfly
  • The Majestic
  • The Negotiator
  • Pulse
  • Wolf
Michael Vartan
  • Never Been Kissed
  • One Hour Photo
Bradley Cooper
  • Changing Lanes
  • Day of the Dead 2: Contagium
  • Wedding Crashers
Merrin Dungey
  • Deep Impact
  • EDtv
Carl Lumbly
  • The Alphabet Killer
  • Men of Honor
Victor Garber
  • Green Lantern: First Flight
  • Legally Blonde
  • Titanic
Melissa George
  • 30 Days of Night
  • The Amityville Horror
  • Dark City
  • Derailed
  • Turistas
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:43:30 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
     Turistas: Unrated (2006/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:John Stockwell
Writing:Michael Arlen Ross (Writer)
Length:96 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Josh Duhamel as Alex
Melissa George as Pru
Olivia Wilde as Bea
Desmond Askew as Finn
Beau Garrett as Amy
Max Brown as Liam

Plot:
Rising star Josh Duhamel (TV's Las Vegas) leads a group of young backpackers who find themselves stranded on a remote Brazilian beach; an exotic paradise, with warm sunshine, cool ocean breezes, and plenty of hot bodies. But, after a night of partying, the wayward turistas are drugged and robbed, and their dream vacation becomes a gruesome nightmare. Trapped and desperate, the vulnerable travelers are lured deep into the menacing jungle and beyond, where a dark and twisted fate too terrifying to imagine awaits.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This DVD has both the rated and unrated versions of the movie. For this review I watched the unrated version. It is the first time I ever seen this movie. While this movie isn't bad... and I did enjoy it. It could have been much better as well. It has a decent—if not done many times before—storyline... but the execution was not as well done as I hoped. While I understand they needed to be... some of the underwater caves scenes were a little too dark as I had a hard time distinguishing one character from another. but over all it is an enjoyable movie... worth the hour and a half you put into it. It is a bit above average. So worth checking out.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »
     Legally Blonde (2001/United States)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Robert Luketic
Writing:Amanda Brown (Original Material By), Karen McCullah Lutz (Screenwriter), Kirsten Smith (Screenwriter)
Rating:PG-13
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods
Luke Wilson as Emmett
Selma Blair as Vivian
Matthew Davis as Warner
Victor Garber as Professor Callahan
Jennifer Coolidge as Paulette

Plot:
She's a California sorority girl who'll do anything to keep her man. Even if it means going all the way...to law school! Resse Witherspoon (Election) stars with Luke Wilson (Charlie's Angels), Selma Blair (Cruel Intentions), Matthew Davis (Pearl Harbor) and Victor Garber (Titanic) in a knock-out comedy with a heart of gold — and hair to match!

Elle Woods (Witherspoon) is a California blonde with couture clothes, fabulous friends and the hottest boyfriend on campus. So when Warner Huffington III (Davis) suddenly dumps her and heads for Harvard Law School, Elle takes matters into her own perfectly-manicured hands: she enrolls too! Now, getting Warner back should be a snap, right? Wrong! Elle's about to begin the toughest fight of her life — for love, honor, justiceand respect for blondes everywhere!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Closed Captioned
  • Trivia Track

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I have ever seen this movie. Some reason the trailer never appealed to me... but then I started to read some good reviews on it... piquing my curiosity. So when I found out I was getting the movie in the latest box of DVDs a friend of mine sent me I found myself looking forward to checking it out. And  I must admit... I enjoyed this one much more then I ever thought I would. It is funny... normally when you see this type of character—I am speaking of Elle here—characters like her is normally the mean girl... the villain in the story. But it is just the opposite in this movie. It actually felt a little strange rooting for such a character this time. She is in a real fish out of water situation here. But of course she completely owns it. I also liked seeing Victor Garber in such a big role in this movie. I know him mostly from the TV Series Alias... so was good to get to see him do something different. Even if he was playing a real jerk in this movie. This is one I definitely feel comfortable recommending. And even though I have heard that the part 2 isn't nearly as good... I actually feel like popping it in next. Though I may try to hold off on it for a bit.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 12:00:05 AM »
     Ghosts of Girlfriends Past: Widescreen and Full-Screen Edition (2009/United States)

Warner Home Video
Director:Mark Waters
Writing:Jon Lucas (Writer), Scott Moore (Writer)
Length:101 min.
Rating:PG-13
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1, Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Matthew McConaughey as Connor Mead
Jennifer Garner as Jenny Perotti
Michael Douglas as Uncle Wayne
Breckin Meyer as Paul
Lacey Chabert as Sandra
Robert Forster as Sergeant Volkom

Plot:
Connor Mead is the kind of guy who dumps three girlfriends. At the same time. By teleconferance. So when he attends his brother's wedding he has a single goal: score with the only bridesmaid he somehow missed. But the ghost of his departed Uncle Wayne – who taught him to love 'em and leave 'em – has another goal in mind: restore Connor's lost faith in true love, a tough assignment requiring the services of many, many Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner and Michael Douglas and director Mark Waters (Mean Girls, Just Like Heaven) uncork a romantic romp as bubbly as wedding-toast champagne. It's the perfect comedy for anyone who believes in laughs and love. Or needs to.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
I first saw this movie on HBO On-Demand and I really didn't care too much for it at the time. Giving it a rating of only 2.5 out of 5. But I must say... I enjoyed it more this time then I did the first time. I think I was a little hard on it the first time around. Sure... it isn't the best Romantic Comedy I ever seen... but I still enjoyed it more then I apparently did the first time. I really enjoyed Jennifer Garner in this movie. But then I have liked her since I first seen her on Alias. I liked the idea of making it basically a rip-off of A Christmas Carol. The first time I watched this one I really didn't care for who they picked for the ghosts. But they seemed to grow on me this time... as I thought they were just fine now. I am wondering if my mood was a little off the first time I watched this. With all that said... the movie could be funnier. And I wasn't all that impressed with Matthew McConaughey. But I am glad I have it in my collection now.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »
I wanted to work on this thread some this weekend. But since posting the below I have gotten many new  movies... so wanted to update...

The next series I own is The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Adventures of Superman & ALF... but I have no movies with actors from those series... so I must go on to the next series, which is...

Alias

Possibilities:
Note that these are only some of the possibilities I could watch... no way I could list them all.
Jennifer Garner
  • 13 Going on 30
  • Catch Me if You Can
  • Daredevil
  • Elektra
  • Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
  • Pearl Harbor
Ron Rifkin
  • Boiler Room
  • Dragonfly
  • The Majestic
  • The Negotiator
  • Pulse
  • The Sum of All Fears
  • Wolf
Michael Vartan
  • Never Been Kissed
  • One Hour Photo
Bradley Cooper
  • Changing Lanes
  • Day of the Dead 2: Contagium
  • Failure to Launch
  • Wedding Crashers
  • Yes Man
Merrin Dungey
  • Deep Impact
  • EDtv
Carl Lumbly
  • The Alphabet Killer
  • Men of Honor
Victor Garber
  • Green Lantern: First Flight
  • Legally Blonde
  • Titanic
Melissa George
  • 30 Days of Night
  • The Amityville Horror
  • Dark City
  • Derailed
  • Turistas

Titles slashed through are reviews I already done in this thread.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:47:35 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 06:09:22 PM »
    Pulse: Unrated: Widescreen Edition (2006/United States)

Dimension Home Entertainment, Genius Products
Director:Jim Sonzero
Writing:Kiyoshi Kurosawa (Original Material By), Wes Craven (Screenwriter), Ray Wright (Screenwriter)
Rating:Unrated
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Kristen Bell as Mattie
Ian Somerhalder as Dexter
Christina Milian as Isabelle Fuentes
Rick Gonzalez as Stone
Jonathan Tucker as Josh
Samm Levine as Tim

Plot:
The year's most original horror film, Pulse takes fear into new territory – the very devices we trust to get us through the day. When the dead discover a means to contact the living through electronic devices, cellphones and computers become open gateways to monstrosities and destruction. Starring Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars), Christina Milian (Love Don't Cost a Thing), Ian Somerhalder (Lost) and Rick Gonzalez (Coach Carter), Pulse is loaded with terrifying thrills and gruesome special effects, and capped with an astonishing surprise ending.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a movie that a good friend recommended to me. It is a good movie... but far from great. A movie that I did enjoy... and will enjoy in the future I am sure. But I have definitely seen better movies in the same sub-genre. One thing that I did like a lot in this movie... the fact that it stars Kristen Bell... I loved her as Veronica Mars! This movie does have a touch of weird in it.. and that could be one of the things that put me off of it a little. But over all it was a fun movie... worth the hour and a half I put into it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 01:56:28 PM »
     The Alphabet Killer (2008/United States)

Anchor Bay Entertainment
Director:Rob Schmidt
Writing:Tom Malloy (Writer)
Length:98 min.
Rating:Rated R : Language and Some Violence
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Eliza Dushku as Megan Paige
Cary Elwes as Kenneth Shine
Timothy Hutton as Richard Ledge
Tom Malloy as Officer Steven Harper
Michael Ironside as Captain Nathan Norcross
Bill Moseley as Carl Tanner

Plot:
A ten year old girl is found brutally murdered outisde the small blue-collar city of Rochester, New York, and obsessed police detective Megan Paige (Eliza Dushku of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER and DOLLHOUSE) suffers a mental breakdown while trying to solve the crime. But when the child-killings resume two years later, Megan's return to the investigation also brings back her own horrific hallucinations. Even if she can prove a "double initial" connection to the slayings, will she hang onto her sanity long enough to catch a psychopath? Cary Elwes (SAW), Michael Ironside (STARSHIP TROOPERS), Bill Moseley (THE DEVIL'S REJECTS), Carl Lumbly (ALIAS) and Academy Award®-winner Timothy Hutton co-star in this chilling thriller directed by Rob Schmidt.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
Well it seems this is another movie that I disagree with most reviewers on. When I decided to watch this movie I checked other reviews to see what others were saying about this movie. And I was surprised to see most people saying to skip this one. I personally enjoyed this one quite a bit. Loved Eliza Dushku in it... and found to be a very interesting movie. Well worth the hour and a half I put into watching it. I also liked that this is based of a real serial killer. I would definitely recommend this one... though with caution after reading so many bad reviews.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2011, 04:28:55 PM »
     Never Been Kissed (1999/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Raja Gosnell
Writing:Abby Kohn (Writer), Marc Silverstein (Writer)
Length:107 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sex-Related Material and Some Drug Content
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Drew Barrymore as Josie Geller
David Arquette as Rob Geller
Michael Vartan as Sam Coulson
Sun-TimesMolly Shannon as Anita
John C. Reilly as Gus

Plot:
Eight years ago she was a total geek; now she’s back to get it right! "Drew Barrymore is brilliant!" (JONATHAN FORMAN, New York Post) in this hilarious, heartwarming comedy about that wacky "wonderland" of homework, hot lunches and raging hormones known as high school.

Newspaper reporter Josie Geller (BARRYMORE) is going undercover as a student to learn about today’s teens. At first she’s thrilled...until she remembers her nickname: "Josie Grossie." Can a former clueless nerd navigate the hallways of high school without tripping over her own feet?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is the second time I watched this movie since I got it. I liked it.... but I do think it could have been better. Especially towards the beginning of the movie. But as it went on it did get better. It is a decent story with a few laughs. I would have liked to seen a little more comedy in it though. I liked both Drew Barrymore and David Arquette in it. I wouldn't say it is a favorite... but I can see myself watching it again at some point. It's worth the time needed to watch it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »
     Failure to Launch: Widescreen Special Collector's Edition (2006/United States)

Paramount Home Entertainment
Director:Tom Dey
Writing:Tom J. Astle (Writer), Matt Ember (Writer)
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sexual Content, Partial Nudity and Language
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Matthew McConaughey as Tripp
Sarah Jessica Parker as Paula
Zooey Deschanel as Kit
Justin Bartha as Ace
Bradley Cooper as Demo
Terry Bradshaw as Al

Plot:
Matthew McConaughey is Tripp, a 35-year-old who still lives with his parents. And who can blame him? It's free, he's got a great room, and mom (Kathy Bates) does the laundry. Desperate to get him out of the house, his parents hire a gorgeous woman, Paula (Sarah Jessica Parker), to give him a little...push. They just didn't expect Tripp would push back! Zooey Deschanel, Justin Bartha, Terry Bradshaw, and Alias' Bradley Cooper co-star in this romantic battle of wills that proves there's no place like home.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just watched this one for the first time. I wasn't sure if I would like it going by the trailer... but turned out I enjoyed every minute of it. Not only do I like the cast... but I liked the characters they played. For the first time for I don't know how long there was actually no characters in this movie that I disliked... even a little bit. I have found lately that I am becoming a fan of one of the supporting cast members in this one. I am really starting to enjoy Zooey Deschanel quite a bit. If I am not mistaken she is the sister of Emily Deschanel of Bones fame. While the storyline seems a bit out there... especially when you just read the description... they really make it work for an entertaining film. It is one I feel safe recommending if you like romantic comedies.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
I am going on to the next TV Show I have movies for.....

I had to skip a few series that I own because I have no movies with actors from those series... so the next series I have movies for is...

American Gothic

Possibilities:
Gary Cole
  • The Brady Bunch Movie
  • The Brady Bunch in the White House
  • Breach
  • Cry_Wolf
  • The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning
  • The Gift
  • I Spy
  • Office Space
  • One Hour Photo
  • The Ring Two
  • A Very Brady Sequel
Jake Weber
  • The Cell
  • Dawn of the Dead
  • Meet Joe Black
Sarah Paulson
  • Diggers
  • Serenity
  • What Women Want
Lucas Black
  • Cold Mountain
  • Jarhead
  • X-Files: Fight the Future
Nick Searcy
  • Cast Away
  • Flicka
  • The Fugitive
  • One Hour Photo
  • Runaway Jury
  • Tigerland
  • Timber Falls
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »
     The Brady Bunch Movie (1995/United States)

Paramount Home Entertainment
Director:Betty Thomas
Writing:Sherwood Schwartz (Original Characters By), Laurice Elehwany (Writer), Rick Copp (Writer), Bonnie Turner (Writer), Terry Turner (Writer)
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Racy Innuendoes
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Shelley Long as Carol Brady
Gary Cole as Mike Brady
Christine Taylor as Marcia Brady
Christopher Daniel Barnes as Greg Brady
Jennifer Elise Cox as Jan Brady
Paul Sutera as Peter Brady

Plot:
Mike (Gary Cole) and Carol (Shelley Long) have just one week to come up with $20,000 in back taxes or they'll lose their house to a scheming neighbor (Michael McKean). To make matters worse, Marcia gets a swollen nose on date night, Cindy's addicted to tattling, and Jan's hearing a psychotic inner voice crying "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I believe this is the first time I seen this movie all the way through... though I did catch bits and pieces of it on cable before. Normally it is pretty hit and miss on movies like this... done off of old series I used to watch. Especially when the entire purpose is to make fun of the series... like this one is. But in this particular case... I must say... I enjoyed it quite a bit! Lets face it... some shows just beg to be made fun of. And I think The Brady Bunch definitely falls into this category. And I was surprised to find myself laugh at a lot of what they did here. Maybe it is because I just finished watching the complete series... but I could believe how much stuff they spoofed from so many episodes! There is also an appearance from several of the original cast... there was Florance Henderson (Carol) playing Grandma Brady... then there was Barry Williams (Greg) as the Music Producer... next there was Anne B. Davis (Alice) as the Truck Driver...then there was Christopher Knight (Peter) as the High School Coach... there was also Mike Lookinland (Bobby) who had a very brief appearance as a cop.... and finally there was Susan Olsen (Cindy) as a Reporter for the National Tattler. So that was fun to see as well. This movie is definitely very silly and cheesy... but look at the source material. So I give this one a pass... as I enjoyed it quite a bit... in a guilty pleasure type of way. And I am now looking forward to watching all the sequels.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 12:03:58 AM »
As I said above... I am now looking forward to watching the Brady Bunch movie sequels. And I notice that Gary Cole (almost typed Ken Cole!  :P) plays Mike Brady in all of them. I need to decide if I want to post all the reviews in this thread. I normally only do one movie per person in this thread.  :shrug:
Pete