Author Topic: Rio  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Rio
« on: May 16, 2011, 02:00:26 AM »
I went to see the animated movie Rio recently. 

This is another one that is showing in 3D in some theaters.  I didn't see the 3D version and really don't think I missed anything.  The movie does look really good, full of bright, vibrant colors.  The bright colors really work for the movie.  At times, the birds do look more like they are covered in fur instead of feathers.  I'm not sure if that is realistic for birds or not.

The plot is entertaining and fairly simple, though it is still entertaining.  Much of what happens is predictable, and that could disappoint some people.  There are a few surprises that turn up without the movie being suspenseful.  A few things that happen might bother or upset younger viewers, but the movie is a good choice for families overall.  There is decent humor in the movie that doesn't resort to a lot of gross stuff.  Some of the humor is a bit silly, but it works for the movie.  There are a few songs without them over taking everything that is going on.  The songs are alright, though they really aren't memorable. 

Overall, I really enjoyed Rio and think it is worth watching for people who like animated movies. 

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Rio