Author Topic: Fast Five  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Fast Five
« on: May 08, 2011, 07:39:12 AM »
I was never really interested in the movies in the Fast and Furious series before.  Then I found out that Dwayne Johnson was going to be in the new movie, Fast Five.  That got me interested in the new movie since I tend to enjoy his movies.  It also got me to watch a few of the earlier movies as well.

This one follows closely after the end of the fourth movie and it definitely builds on what happened in that movie. 

Basically nothing that happens in the movie is believable or realistic, but the movie is still entertaining overall.  There are all kinds of crazy things going on with cars that look cool but couldn't really happen.  That didn't bother me because I had fun watching the movie.  I think there is more of a plot to this one than there have been for the other 2 movies in the series that I've seen.  That makes this movie stronger overall.  The plot has clearly been influenced by other movies, so things are the most original.  It is a mix of The Italian Job and Ocean's 11, with more focus on the heist than all the crazy driving and racing.  The heist does require some crazy driving too, but it isn't the main focus of the movie.  I like the heist stuff, though it would have been nice if it had been a little more original.  Even with the better plot, there are some really bad lines.  There is a decent amount of action to what is going on and the action scenes are done well.  There is some violence in a few scenes without making the movie that violent overall.

The characters have gotten more developed, though some of them are still rather flat.  The cast is decent in their roles.  Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, and Jordana Brewster are better than they were in the first movie.  Hobbs is a decent addition to the movie, though he is one dimensional with his focus on catching Dom and Brian.  Dwayne Johnson is fine in the part. 

The movie has some issues, but it is fun and entertaining.  This isn't a movie for everyone, but it is worth checking out for people who like this type of movie.

Fast Five