Author Topic: Terminator Marathon  (Read 4290 times)

Peter von Frosta

Terminator Marathon
« on: February 17, 2008, 04:45:08 PM »
Well this wasn't much of a marathon, nevertheless:

The Terminator
The original unstoppable killer-robot movie. It's B-movie style and limited dialogue makes this movie unforgettable.
9/10

Terminator 2 (theatrical version)
I don't really like the SE version too much, it's too long, overexplains things and Arnie talks too much. But I still like the two unstoppable maschines clash storyline. The theatrical version has great pace, great action sequences and still cool computer animations *gg*
8,5/10 (yes, I like The Terminator better)

Terminator 3 - rise of the maschines
It's not as bad as people make it. I agree that some of the action sequences with the animated Terminators throwing each other through the rooms is silly, and Schwarzenegger is getting kinda old, but I thought the Skynet idea was quite original. And I like Nick Stahl better than Eddie Furlong.
7/10

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Terminator Marathon
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 05:04:35 PM »
When I saw the trailer to T3 for the first time I was quite sure, that "Doctor Bashir" (Alexander Siddig) was to play the new John Connor.

But I also like the third part. I think most people don't like it because it somewhat negates the end of the second part, the part about "the future is not written yet". Ok, that was Back to the Future III ;), but the point was the same.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 05:40:32 PM »
I think you're right, Karsten. I think T2 ended with something along the lines of fate is what we make it. Perhaps people assumed that meant it wasn't going to all go wrong, but it was still open because the phrase can be read either way.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 05:54:32 PM »
I also liked T3, even the silliness of the toilet brawl. It ignores the extended version of T2, but how else could they possibly have a movie :hysterical: It was interesting how at the end it was about saving John Connor and the girl only, not mankind; didn't see that coming when I saw it the first time (to my defense, I figured it out a little before they spelled it out in the film though). And while that is what negates the "the future is not written yet" part, it is the only thing that makes sense in the overall.

Peter von Frosta

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »
I also liked T3, even the silliness of the toilet brawl. It ignores the extended version of T2, but how else could they possibly have a movie :hysterical: It was interesting how at the end it was about saving John Connor and the girl only, not mankind; didn't see that coming when I saw it the first time (to my defense, I figured it out a little before they spelled it out in the film though). And while that is what negates the "the future is not written yet" part, it is the only thing that makes sense in the overall.

The Alien DC negates the Alien Queen too, but they still put the damn scene back in.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 06:44:16 PM »
I also enjoyed the 3rd movie as well. Admittedly I haven't watched it in quite a while so don't remember it that well... but I do remember enjoying it.

I am ashamed to admit... I still need to add the first one to my collection!  :bag:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 06:50:11 PM »
I like the third movie. I go even so far to say, that it is the one of the trilogy, I can watch again and again. The other two are of course also great, but they have their length and a lot of exposition to do. The third is simply a fun movie. And I also like the fact, that they negate the ending of T2. In my opinion (even though a lot of people do not seem to think so) it fits perfectly into the story of the trilogy. It only makes sense.
And imagine, how much more fun it could have been, if Linda Hamilton would have agreed to do the movie.