Author Topic: The Lincoln Lawyer  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
The Lincoln Lawyer
« on: May 08, 2011, 05:20:14 AM »
I went to see The Lincoln Lawyer soon after it came out. 

The movie is based on the book by Michael Connelly.  I haven't read the book - though I am interested in reading it - so I don't know what has been changed for the movie.  It does well as an entertaining legal thriller overall.  The plot is interesting even though it isn't that complex.  There are a few surprises that turn up, though other things that happen are more predictable.

Some of what happens in the movie is a bit disturbing, like the attack that Louis is accused of.  That part isn't really shown, though there are a few flashback scenes that sort of show what happened...or what might have happened.  There is some mystery connected to what happened.  A few subplots are added in without making things too complicated.  Some things that happen seem a bit random at first, but by the end, they are connected in some way.  A few scenes do include a bit of suspense.  The movie works well as a thriller.

Some of the characters don't receive that much attention, though I expected that since they weren't in as much of the movie.  A few of the characters end up being a bit more complex than they seem at first, which helps to make things more interesting.  The cast all do well with their parts.  I do think this is one of Matthew McConaughey's better performances.

Overall I really enjoyed this movie and think it is worth seeing.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

The Lincoln Lawyer