Author Topic: Rango  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Rango
« on: May 08, 2011, 03:46:40 AM »
I went to see Rango when it was in the theater here.  I'm just a little late writing about it.

It is a fun animated western that I really enjoyed.  Even though I'm not as familiar with many westerns overall, I did notice the different influences in the movie.  That makes the plot a bit more predictable, but it is still well done and entertaining and definitely worth watching.  The plot is interesting, dealing with a chameleon pet who ends up stranded in the desert.  He has a love of acting and seems to have some identity issues.  After arriving in the small town of Dirt, Rango claims to be a tough gun fighter and it isn't long before he's made sheriff.  Things go well for a while, but then Rango is forced to face up to a few things.

The animation is really well done, with some of the settings looking very realistic.  Unlike most of the other recently released animated movies, there wasn't a 3D version for this one.  The characters have an interesting look.  Many of them, including Rango, aren't exactly cute, but they still manage to be likable overall.  I could have done without the giant rattlesnake though.

Johnny Depp was perfect as the voice of Rango.  The other voice cast did well for their characters as well. 

I really enjoyed this movie overall and will be adding it to my collection once it is released.

I did get a review posted on Epinions after seeing the movie originally.

Rango

Rogmeister

Re: Rango
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:02:59 AM »
Last month, I was thinking of going to see this movie.  But then, I looked...and saw it had already left my movie theater.  So I missed my chance.  Now I will have to wait until it comes out on home video.  Since I do enjoy my westerns, it seems a perfect choice to add to my collection.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Rango
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 04:07:34 AM »
It is really good.  I hope you like it when you get the chance to see it.