Author Topic: Month Long Birthday Marathon  (Read 12370 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Month Long Birthday Marathon
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:58:56 PM »
Month Long Birthday Marathon
Image: This is the Cake I want for my Birthday!... Who wants a piece?

On May 31st I turn 42 years old. Every year I have a marathon of watching Birthday episodes of TV Series and movies about birthdays. This is usually a 1 or two week type of marathon. But now I have so many shows that qualify for this topic I thought I would attempt a full month long marathon.

What I was thinking is every single day of the month (since I have so many) I will watch At Least One TV Episode that celebrates someone's birthday. And during weekends (Fri-Sun) Watch At Least One movie that has something to do with birthdays.

This means I would have to watch At Least 31 Birthday TV Episodes and 12 Birthday movies. At my last count I have about 137 TV episodes and 17 movies that would qualify for this marathon. So I definitely have enough titles to make it.

This marathon starts on May 1st. I am posting this thread a few days early so that I can ask others about their favorite Birthday related TV Shows and Movies. This way I can kinda get the juices flowing and see if I can't get the mood to come... as it hasn't yet.

And just for a idea...

I Have B'day Episodes For:
- The Addams Family
- The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
- The Adventures of Robin Hood
- The Adventures of Superman
- ALF
- Alias
- All in the Family
- Angel
- Batman Beyond
- The Big Bang Theory
- The Bill Engvall Show
- The Bob Newhart Show
- Bosom Buddies
- Brady Bunch (2 Eps.)
- Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (6 Eps.)
- Charmed (4 Eps.)
- Cobra
- Commander in Chief
- The Cosby Show
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Dead Like Me
- Defenders of the Earth
- Dennis the Menace
- Dexter
- Dharma & Greg
- The Dick Van Dyke Show (5 Eps.)
- Diff'rent Strokes
- A Different World
- Doogie Howser, M.D.
- The Drew Carey Show (2 Eps.)
- Dukes of Hazzard
- Ellen (3 Eps)
- The Ellen Show
- ER (2 Eps.)
- Everybody Loves Raymond (2 Eps.)
- The Facts of Life
- Forever Knight
- Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Friends (9 Eps.)
- Full House
- Ghost Whisperer (2 Eps.)
- Good Morning World
- Grey's Anatomy (2 Eps.)
- H.R. Pufnstuf
- Haunted
- A Haunting
- Home Improvement
- I Love Lucy (4 Eps.)
- Joan of Arcadia
- Joe 90
- King of Queens
- Knight Rider
- Life on Mars
- Little Rascals
- M*A*S*H (3 Eps.)
- Make Room for Daddy
- Macgyver (2 Eps.)
- Medium (3 Eps.)
- Melrose Place (3 Eps.)
- Missing Persons
- Mork & Mindy
- My Hero
- NCIS
- Numb3rs
- Party of Five (2 Eps.)
- Police Squad!
- Reba (2 Eps.)
- Roseanne (5 Eps.)
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch (3 Eps.)
- Scrubs
- Seinfeld (3 Eps.)
- Sex and the City
- The Simpsons
- Smallville
- Spin City
- Sports Night
- Stacked
- The Stockard Channing Show
- Tales from the Crypt
- Tales from the Darkside
- Three's Company (4 Eps.)
- Titus
- Too Close for Comfort
- Tru Calling
- The Twilight Zone (1959) (3 Eps.)
- The Twilight Zone (2002) (2 Eps.)
- Veronica Mars
- Without a Trace
- Xena: Warrior Princess

So what do you say... help me get in the mood for this rather large marathon. What is some of your favorite birthday moments in TV Shows and movies?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:27:00 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Month Long Birthday Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:27:53 AM »
I will go first...

I think my all time favorite Birthday scene in a TV episode has to be on the classic sitcom I Love Lucy. The one where Superman comes to Little Ricky's birthday party. Lucy doesn't think they will be able to get him.... but she already promised little Ricky...So she dresses up like Superman and goes walking out on the ledge of the building to come through the window during the party. Of course that goes as wrong as can be and she gets stuck out there. And Superman has to save her when he gets there. and when he is out there to save her... what do we hear...

Ricky: In all the 15 years we been married this is the craziest stunt you ever pulled!
Superman: Wait a minute, you been married to her for 15 years?
Ricky: Yeah, 15 years!
Superman: And they call me Superman!

:hysterical:

I know this episode and that scene by heart... and of course know when it is coming every time... yet I can't help but to literally laugh out loud over that scene every single time I see it!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:03:02 AM »
Do you have Big Bang Theory?  Leonard's birthday is one of the last episodes in the first season.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »
Yes I do... Thank You! I am sure there is more that I have missed. I usually go to tv.com and search the episode guides for the word Birthday for all the sets I have. So if it is not mentioned in the episode guide I won't know about it till I watch the set again.

I will have to do a search and see if I can find out the exact episode.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 12:52:18 PM »
Just googled "The Big Bang Theory" and "Leonard's Birthday" and found the title in seconds. Thanks again! :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »
After a little more searching I was also able to add episodes from...

- Life on Mars
- Little Rascals
- Make Room for Daddy
- Missing Persons
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »
You're welcome. :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 08:08:45 PM »

Title: 13 Going on 30: Fun & Flirty Edition
Year: 2004
Director: Gary Winick
Rating: PG-13
Length: 98 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Jennifer Garner
Mark Ruffalo
Judy Greer
Andy Serkis
Kathy Baker
Phil Reeves

Plot:
Jennifer Garner (Daredevil, TV's "Alias") and Mark Ruffalo (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) star in this hilarious flash-forward romance about a pre-teen girl who goes from geek to glamorous. With the help of some magic wishing dust, 13 year-old Jenna Rink (Garner) becomes 30 and gorgeous overnight, with everything she ever wanted, except for her best friend Matt (Ruffalo). Now, this grown woman must create some magic of her own to help the little girl inside find the true love she left behind.

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Music Videos
Outtakes/Bloopers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Felt like a bit of a laugh today. So thought I would start with this one. I been a fan of Jennifer Garner's every since I first caught her on Alias. This is a fun movie. Like in the movie Big we have a character that makes a wish to be grown up. Jennifer Garner does a great job playing a teen girl trapped in a grown woman's body. Some of the expressions on her face... especially in the beginning where she don't know what is going on... is completely hilarious. I definitely enjoyed this one. Well worth the time to put into it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:12 PM »

NCIS: Season 3
Ravenous
A serial killer is suspected of murder after a missing Marine's dog tags are discovered in a national forest.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. It has a good storyline... and a good pace. I had to laugh at Tony when he saw how that woman he was flirting with didn't shave (her armpit hair and leg hair was twice as long as mine!). He thought fast... and I don't blame him! This one works into the birthday theme because it is Abbey's (my favorite character!) birthday... and she is not happy... as she believe Gibbs (who she looks up to as a father figure) forgot her birthday throughout most the episode. The above picture is of Abbey, the goth forensic scientist, opening the gift Gibbs left when he snuck in her office when she wasn't looking. She opens it and says it is perfection... but we never get to know what it is he got her.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 03:21:28 PM »

Forever Knight: Season 1
Only the Lonely
Natalie confronts her deep feelings for Nicholas when she begins to date a handsome young man. This man soon releases his own dark feelings upon her.

My Thoughts:
This is a good series that I haven't watched an episode of in a very long time. But it shouldn't be any surprised that I like this one. After all the main character is a vampire. In this episode it is Natalie's thirtieth birthday. Not only does this episode deal with her birthday... but also flashes back to her first meeting Nick Knight (the vampire) 2 years earlier on her twenty-eighth birthday. Seeing the story on how they first met made the episode much more enjoyable.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:15 PM »
but also flashes back to her first meeting Nick Knight (the vampire) 2 years earlier on her twenty-eighth birthday. Seeing the story on how they first met made the episode much more enjoyable.

I am still stuck in the middle of the season and was wondering if there is an episode which deals with their first meeting. Now I know that I have something to look forward to :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:20:47 PM by Tom »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
Sounds like you will be getting to it real soon. It is the first or second episode on disc 4. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 12:02:16 AM »

Ghost Whisperer: Season 5
Birthday Presence
Melinda's life changes dramatically when she gives birth to a son who possesses a psychic ability that gives him a unique connection to the supernatural.

My Thoughts:
One of my all-time favorite episodes of one of my all time favorite TV Series. This episode cover's the actual Birth day of Melinda's son... as well as fast forwarding to his 5th birthday. I usually don't like time jumps in TV Series... but this one I felt was done very well and I enjoyed every minute of it!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 11:08:51 PM »

The Addams Family: Vol. 3
Happy Birthday, Gradma Frump
With her birthday fast approaching, Grandma Frump does all she can to avoid being sent to a retirement home.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... but not a great one. Was kind of weird watching an episode without Grandmama... not sure why she wasn't in this episode.  But over all I would say this one was no more then an average episode. Not one I see watching every year for this marathon. But it was worth the time to put into it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 01:23:25 AM »

The Stockard Channing Show
Life Begins at 30
Susan has a hard time with the idea of turning 30.

My Thoughts:
This is a show that a good friend of mine gave to me. One I never seen before he gave it to me. But one I enjoyed much more then I thought I would. The set has 2 complete sitcoms that Stockard Channing starred in. Both of which I enjoyed a lot. This birthday episode was a lot of fun. had several laugh out loud moments. It was hilarious seeing Susan (Stockard Channing) on rollerskates. Though her short shorts didn't hurt any at all.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete