Author Topic: The Movies From Within My Lifetime  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
The Movies From Within My Lifetime
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:30:07 AM »
Ok the title isn't original but I stole the idea from Pete via Roger :laugh:

Pete as already explain the rules, so it will be movies from 1970 untill 2011 for me (maybe it will be hard for 2011, but who knows :shrug:)

YearsTitleRating
1970Cool it Carol
1971The Godson
1972Group Marriage
1974Caged Heat
1975Las Vegas Lady
1976Jackson County Jail
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:20:59 AM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: The Movies From Within My Lifetime
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 12:36:29 AM »
That's ok... think I will steal your idea for the chart! :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 12:37:38 AM »
MOVIE / DVD INFO:

Title: Cool it Carol (1970)

Genre: Comedy
Director: Pete Walker
Rating: NR
Length: 1h42
Video: Widescreen
Audio: English
Subtitles: None

Stars:
Robin Askwith
Janet Lynn
Jess Conrad
Derek Aylward
Kenneth Hendel

Plot:
Two teenagers leave home for London and instead of finding streets paved with gold, they find prostitution, drugs, rip-offs and vice. Based on a true story, colorfully reported in a British newspaper at the time, this sex film is now highly regarded and can be seen as a true reflectionof the change in moral standarts that arrived with the seventies.

My Thoughts:

As written in the synopsis this is the story of two teenagers from the british countryside seeking adventure in the big city. Carol won a beauty contest and count on this fact to succeed in London. Obviously things do not go as planned when they find themselves empty handed. The synopsis suggests that it is a drama with a "writing for television" vibes, although this is not the case and the whole is rather amusing due to the naivety of the two protagonists. Robin Askwith gives the kind of performance you expect from him (if you enjoyed the Confessions of ... serie you will also appreciate him here). Janet Lynn is excellent in the title role, she plays the naive unashamed young girl in a perfectly credible way. This film has its share of nudity (as usual Robin Askwith presents his backside, which is always interesting for the ladies) which is not a surprise ... the contrary would have been. The story don't go in the direction that one might think and our players will do pretty well instead.

Rating :
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:58:56 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 12:39:36 AM »
That's ok... think I will steal your idea for the chart! :P
No problem, feel free to use it ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 04:12:59 AM »
MOVIE / DVD INFO:

Title: The Godson (1971)

Genre: Crime
Director: Wiliam Rotsler
Rating: NR
Length: 1h32
Video: Full Frame
Audio: English
Subtitles: None

Stars:
Keith Erickson
Jane Allyson
Jason Yukon
Orita De Chadwick
Damon Kebroyd

Plot:
Most gangsters would be happy overseeing a house of hookers for the mob, but not Marco. THE GODSON of crime boss Leo Rocca, Marco doesn't like being a mere assistant to Mr. Danielli, the sadist who runs the prostitution rackets, so when a hooker with a habit offers to give Marco insider information if he'll keep her baby sister, Barbara, out of the business, Marco sees an opportunity for advancement and violently double-crosses Danielli. Put in charge of the organization's Number One Whorehouse - which features Scandanavian sex goddess Uschi Digart as one of the working girls - the overly ambitious Marco then tries to expand into the drug business and ends up triggering a mini mob war until Rocca orders Marco and his rival to fight "a duel" at a deserted trailer park with blonde little Barbara as bait... From the director of "Mantis in Lace," THE GODSON is an offer you simply can't refuse.

My Thoughts:
Being an Harry Novak's production you know already what to expect with this : an average film with a lot of naked girls. Evidently it's the case here and more than usual since the softcore films had to fight for their screen time with the hardcore productions. So with this one it's full nudity for the girls and the boys (but none of them look that good). The story is interesting but not really developped and many things happen from nowhere (I've seen this one more than once and I always can't understand why Barbara is in the end or why Guttierez know her). To be honest Jason Yukon isn't leading man material (John Tull who have a small role would have been a better choice), but Keith Erickson give a good performance as the Godfather. Maria Arnold, Uschi Digard, Deborah McGuire, Carmen Olivera, Lois Mitchell and Harlan Ellison are also in this one.

You read it right Harlan Ellison the great Science Fiction writer is in this film. One of the scene was filmed at his home (where he had as much book on his wall that Kathy as DVD on hers) and you can "see" him on a chair having fun with two girls.

Rating :
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:49:59 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 05:17:52 AM »
Isn't it annoying when you can't write anything... I'm unable to write anything interesting about the movies I watch whatever it is here or on my blog. I hate when that happen... I write just worthless futilities in those case and even with those bad reviews the flow just don't run at all. I start, delete, start again, delete again and restart untill I write something bad.

You have no idea how I can't wait to see my inspiration coming back considering I haven't wrote anything interesting since september last year.