Author Topic: The Movies From Within My Lifetime  (Read 98155 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: The Movies From Within My Lifetime
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 01:07:06 AM »

Title: Blood of Dracula's Castle
Year: 1969
Director: Al Adamson
Rating: NR
Length: 84 Min.
Video: Widescreen
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
John Carradine
Paula Raymond
Alexander D'Arcy
Robert Dix
Gene O'Shane
Barbara Bishop

Plot:
A chilling, blood-curdling tale about a young couple that inherits an old castle but finds it already inhabited by a crusty butler, an obsessed killer and a couple of vampires, who kidnap and sacrifice young girls in order to live on and on....

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This movie is in the boxset Gorehouse Greats Collection that I bought a year or so ago. Granted I got the set very cheap... but the quality of this video is more then lacking. There was actually green, blue, red and white  vertical lines off and on through-out the entire movie! I sure hope that the other 11 movies in this set looks better then this one.

I got to say this movie didn't impress me all that much. First of all this is a vampire movie (plus some). And what do we get from the vampires? Sitting around the castle talking and drinking their blood from glasses. This movie looks to me like something that Mystery Science Theater 3000 would use for one of their shows. It would probably be more entertaining then the actual movie! Even with that said... there is some scenes here that peaked my interest... unfortunately when that was the case... they just couldn't keep up with it. Watching this movie from (as I said) the Gorehouse Greats Collection... I have to ask... where is the gore?  Hopefully the other movies in this set won't be so disappointing.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 01:25:32 AM »
In this year... The first episode of soap opera All My Children is broadcast... An earthquake (Richter Scale 7.7 magnitude) at Yunnan, China... U.S. ground troops withdraw from Cambodia... Jimi Hendrix dies.

My choices:
Titles in Italic are from my Unwatched Pile
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes
- Black Brigade
- Blood Mania

- The Dunwich Horror
- An Evening with Edgar Allen Poe
- Flesh Feast
- How Awful About Allen
- Love Story

- M*A*S*H
- Over the Hill Gang Rides Again
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:30:34 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 02:40:51 AM »
M*A*S*H would be my first pick.

From your unwatched, I'd go with Love Story, but it is unlikely that you will like it.  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 02:48:14 AM »
Whatever I pick... it won't be tonight But I was actually thinking about Black Brigade... it is a war movie... a TV Movie that has Richard Pryor (I would think in a serious role) and Billy Dee Williams in it. Has anyone here seen it? Worth a look?

I would consider M*A*S*H... but it hasn't been that long since I watched it. So not sure I could get in the mood for that one again so soon.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 02:55:39 AM »
Al Adamson isn't for anyone, personally I like him but this one isn't his best one. The print used for this transfer was the last surviving one and a lot of works was put to restore it. Sure it doesn't look very good, but at first it was completly unwatchable...

You should have watch Nighmare in Wax who is a lot better...

Terror is the best movie in this set.
Satan's Slave, Stanley, Nightmare in Wax and Terrified are good too.
Trip with the Teacher is great but they used an inferior print.
The rest is so-so (The Devil's Hand is boring, but Neil Hamilton from Batman is in this)

Whatever I pick... it won't be tonight
Just don't pick Blood Mania you won't like it
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:57:54 AM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 03:03:45 AM »
Thanks Jimmy... Will keep that in mind.

BTW Jimmy... do you have any problem with the Gorehouse Greats Collection playing in your DVD Rom? They play fine in my standalone DVD Player... but refuse to play in my DVD Rom... just curious.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 03:24:56 AM »
Mine play without a problem on my computer, except the reader make a lot of noise playing some of the disc (but not as much as those in the Mortuary sets).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 03:26:55 AM »
Must be my ancient computer set-up! :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 04:03:43 AM »
I might be motivated to try this...though I'll have to see if I have all the years covered.  I'm thinking I would.  Then I'd have to find the time to watch them all.  :laugh:
But I may join this..

RossRoy

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 04:14:33 AM »
I've been thinking the same thing. I like the concept ... but lately I've rarely been in the mood for movies, so it would probably take me a while to do..

Rogmeister

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 04:31:02 AM »
As far as 2011 movies, it's probably too early.  There aren't any available yet (I would think) that have actually first played in theaters this year.  Wait until you get to this year, watching your other movies first, and maybe by then there will be some available.

I decided to restart my marathon of this concept at another site Pete and I both post at.  So since others are using this concept, I guess I will do my own as well...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 04:57:09 AM »
I was just looking and I think I have all the years covered...at least until 2011.  So I'll probably do it too..just not sure how soon I'll get started.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 05:13:49 AM »
Same for me, but I really expect that Angle mort will be available on dvd when the time will come. I was almost tempted to go see it in a theatre - the film premiere was even in my city -  but I decided to wait the dvd release (evidently the fact I panic when too many people are around me helped the decision).

Sebastien have you seen it?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 06:13:13 AM »
Nice idea for a marathon. I think I might join as well, maybe even write short reviews for what I watch. I only have two more years to cover than Pete. I think Pete's idea to finish only until end of 2011 is a good one and allows everyonre to be able to finish without trouble :thumbup:

Should we makew one of those collected threads where everyone posts the list of what they watch...? That could help to see how others are doing and what they are watching.

RossRoy

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 06:19:25 AM »
Angle mort
Sebastien have you seen it?

:yawn: Wh-What? did someone try to get my attention?

No, I haven't seen it Jimmy... actually, I don't think I had even heard of it before now!