Author Topic: James Bond Marathon  (Read 104861 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: James Bond Marathon
« Reply #180 on: September 28, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »
I will say something a little controversial though! I honestly think that Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond - he just happened to not get given the best Bond movies (apart from Goldeneye). Brosnan really got shorted IMO and is certainly the most underrated Bond so far.
If I remember correctly then Simon Mayo, the radio presenter whose contributor is Mark Kermode (Hello to Jason Isaacs!) agrees with you on this.

Personally I also like Connery the most. Although OHMSS has on of the best stories and The Spy Who Loved is great fun with all those gadgets. I like Thunderball a lot.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2012, 02:21:19 PM »

Title: James Bond - On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Year: 1969
Director: Peter Hunt
Rating: 15 år
Length: 142 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Greek, Hindu, Hollandsk, Norsk, Svensk, Kommentar

Stars:
George Lazenby
Diana Rigg
Telly Savalas
Gabriele Ferzetti
Ilse Steppat
Lois Maxwell

Plot:
George Lazenby steps into the role of James Bond and is sent on his first mission. For help with Draco, he must becomes very close friends with her daughter, Tracy, and heads off to hunt down Ernst Stavro Blofeld one more time. This takes him to Switzerland, where he must pose as Sir Hilary Bray to find out the secret plan of Blofeld. The facility is covered with Blofeld's guards and well as his hench-woman, Irma Bunt. What has Blofeld got in mind this time? Bond keep up this act for much longer? and are ALL Bond girls safe?

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Gallery
Booklet, Radio Spots

My Review:
Well, this James Bond movie is a real good movie actually. And the story was very good aswell IMO, and i kinda liked what they did with everything here. IMO this movie was ahead of its time. And with how the movie starts its kinda gets my attention on what will happend. This one is more of the "typical" James Bond movies i would say. And there are some very good scenes that i really enjoyed. F.ex the skiing scene was awesome, and the bob scene aswell. But even though the movie had it great moments, its a few things that i didnt like about it aswell. George Lanzenby as James Bond, no good IMO. I dont think he did 007 justice! Get Sean Connery back.. And they could have made the movie a bit shorter than 2hours and 20mins. And a few small other things. But other than that. A good an enjoyble 007 movie.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2012, 04:27:43 AM »
Many people agree that OHMSS is one of the best Bond movies that unfortunately has to cope with the weakest Bond.

And they did :laugh:, they did get Connery back after this one...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2012, 06:13:25 AM »
I like Brosnan as Bond. 

I've enjoyed all of the movies to some extent, though the Dalton movies just didn't work as well for me.  Yes I know many really like those..I just didn't like him as Bond and didn't care for his movies. 

Daniel Craig is fine as Bond..though I don't like some of the ..choices that have been made for the last 2 - possibly the new one as well.  The last 2 tried too hard to be a Bourne movie.  I didn't like the shaky camera work in the action scenes in the Bourne movies, and I didn't like it in Bond.