Author Topic: Unwatched Comedies Marathon  (Read 10597 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Unwatched Comedies Marathon
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »

Title: The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course: Special Edition
Year: 2002
Director: John Stainton
Rating: PG
Length: 89 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Steve Irwin
Terri Irwin
Magda Szubanski
David Wenham
Lachy Hulme
Aden Young

Plot:
Steve Irwin makes his big-screen debut with his most perilous adventure yet! To save a very large crocodile from poachers, Steve and his wife Terri set out on a death-defying journey through the outback to nab the big fella and relocate him to a safe river. But what they don't know is that the angry reptile has swallowed a top-secret U.S. satellite beacon, making them all targets of American special agents. Crikey!

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Production Notes
Interactive Games
Music Videos
Closed Captioned
"Croc Track" pop-up trivia

My Thoughts:
I never watched Steve Irwin on the Discovery Channel... but I did know who he was. The movie isn't bad.. it is silly.. and entertaining... but far from the best comedy I ever seen. Still it had enough chuckles for me to enjoy watching it. Though it isn't one I could see watching often. It has a pretty nice DVD release... with a good selection of bonus features.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 04:03:57 PM »
Stand-Up Break:

Carrot Top

My Thoughts:
As I said in the opening post. Between each movie I will be watching one stand-up routine between each movie out of the Laugh Out Loud: America's Funniest Comedians DVD set I got for Christmas. This is a 5 disc set. And I want to watch the entire set through-out this thread. So I figured instead of jumping around... picking and choosing who I know and like... I would just watch them in order. Well the set starts with Carrot Top.

Going into this set I wasn't sure what to expect. If each comedian got a full hour... or if it was more a clip type thing or what. At least going by this one they are fairly short clips... as Carrot Top was only 7 min long. Not that I am complaining... as Carrot Top was never a favorite of mine. Sure he is worth a few laughs... but mostly I just think he looks and acts like an idiot. But I still got a couple chuckles out of this 7 min clip.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 04:14:51 PM »
I'm sure 5 minutes with him must looks like hours... What a scary picture, you probably imagined yourself watching an horror movie while listening this :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 04:30:38 PM »
 :laugh: Actually I would say more idiotic then scary... but yeah.  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 12:44:42 PM »
The guy certainly put an abrupt end at your weekend of comedy :whistle:

Don't let him win :training:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 12:50:47 PM »
Nothing stopped... this really isn't a weekend thing. It is more of an ongoing thing till I finish that stand-up set. Watching here and there as mood hits.

Some reason the past couple weeks I haven't been too much in the mood for movies... though I do hope to watch some more this weekend.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 01:03:45 AM »

Title: Bad News Bears: Special Collector's Edition
Year: 2005
Director: Richard Linklater
Rating: PG-13
Length: 113 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Billy Bob Thornton
Greg Kinnear
Marcia Gay Harden
Sammi Kane Kraft
Ridge Canipe
Brandon Craggs

Plot:
Billy Bob Thornton delivers a wickedly funny performance in this hilarious hit from the director of School of Rock. Morris Buttermaker (Thornton), former pro ballplayer-turned-exterminator, expects to make some easy money coaching a struggling Little League team called the Bears. What he gets is a ragtag group of inept players who transform the field of dreams into the stuff of nightmares! Taunted by an arrogant rival coach (Greg Kinnear), pressured by his new employer (Marcia Gay Harden), and challenged by the Bears, Buttermaker must somehow step up to the plate and help his players become something they never imagined they could be: a team.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Production Notes
Outtakes/Bloopers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
It has been years since I saw the original Bad News Bears... so I really can't compare this one with that. But I enjoyed watching this one. I thought Billy Bob Thornton was perfect for their coach. I wouldn't say this movie is hilarious... but it had some funny parts. Though for the most part it was more of a smile on your face while watching fun movie.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 01:22:29 AM »
Stand-Up Break:

Louie Anderson

My Thoughts:
I used to like Louie Anderson... but for some reason I grew tired of him. This little short break was extremely so... as it was only about a one minute clip. So apparently he didn't rate too much for this set either. Though I am surprised Carrot Top got so much more time then he did.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »

Title: Starsky & Hutch
Year: 2004
Director: Todd Phillips
Length: 100 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Ben Stiller
Owen Wilson
Snoop Dogg
Fred Williamson
Vince Vaughn
Juliette Lewis

Plot:
HERE COMES THE FUZZ! Starsky takes the wheel, Hutch rides shotgun and comedy runs wild in this hilarious twist on the landmark buddy-cop TV show.

Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson bring a playful chemistry to the roles of undercover detectives Starsky and Hutch. Todd Phillips (Old School, Road Trip) directs this '70s groove in which our guys are stripped of their badges, duped by a drug kingpin (Vince Vaughn) and totally ripped off in a disco contest. So, yeah, they got some scores to settle. Snoop Dogg is in fly funkadelic mode as urban coolster Huggy Bear. And Juliette Lewis and others make for nonstop fun. If inducing laughter is a crime, they're all guilty as charged!

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Outtakes/Bloopers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Felt like a little action/comedy next. And I wanted to give this one a go because I recently blind bought the season 1 set of the TV Series... which I watched the first disc of so far and enjoyed. The series don't have nearly the amount of comedy in it that the movie does. Though it is more of a being silly style of comedy then a laugh out loud type. I found that I enjoyed the movie... but really expected a little more from it. I liked both Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson in the title roles. And I don't think I could imagine anyone doing Huggy Bear better then Snoop Dogg. I mean he hit the role just right going by the few episodes of the series I seen so far. It is a fun watch... but it could have been done better. Maybe doing it more like the series... and taking it more seriously would have helped... I don't know.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 06:07:53 PM »
Stand-Up Break:

Diane Ford

My Thoughts:
This is a comedian that I never seen before today. They gave her a nice sized clip... she got 7 min. She was alright... I cracked a few smiles... but no real laugh out loud moments here. Kinda like you heard it all before.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 06:08:53 PM »
I just noticed this at the bottom the page Diary of a DVD Addict Blog.

You're quite the blogger aren't you.  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 06:13:49 PM »
I need to give up and remove the link. I just can't seem to get myself into doing the whole blog thing.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »

Title: Bring It On: Collector's Edition
Year: 2000
Director: Peyton Reed
Length: 99 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: DTS: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, Trivia

Stars:
Kirsten Dunst
Eliza Dushku
Jesse Bradford
Gabrielle Union
Clare Kramer
Nicole Bilderback

Plot:
The Toro cheerleading squad has spirit, spunk, sass and a killer routine that's sure to land them the national championship trophy for the sixth year in a row. But for newly-elected team captain, Torrance (Kirsten Dunst), the Toros' road to cheer glory stumbles when she discovers their perfectly choreographed routines were stolen from a hot hip-hop squad across town. Now the squad must scramble to find a new routine to compete in this year's competition.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Production Notes
Music Videos
DVD-ROM Content
Booklet

NOTE:
This is the first time I ever seen this movie. I figured this would fit this marathon going by the genres in DVD Profiler. In this case... after watching the movie I am not so sure I would normally include this movie in a comedy marathon. The comedy is really barely there. This movie doesn't set out to be funny as it's main goal.

My Thoughts:
OK... this is not normally my thing. I am not what one would call a music fan. And there is definitely a lot in this movie. But I knew this going in. When my friend offered to send me this one... the main reason for saying yes was because of 2 things....

1. Kirsten Dunst
2. Eliza Dushku

And I definitely enjoyed watching these two girls (as well as many others) dance around in short skirts and bikinis. So that was definitely enough for me to not only stick it out... but get some enjoyment from it. Besides that... the main storyline is entertaining as well. I liked both Kirsten Dunst and Eliza Dushku's characters in this movie... it was fun to watch them in such a different type of movie then I am used to seeing them in. I don't know how often I could possibly watch this movie... but I can see myself watching it again with a reason (fitting into marathons and such).

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete