Author Topic: The King's Speech  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
The King's Speech
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »
The King's Speech

I finally had the chance to see this one last month.  It did take a while for the movie to come to the theater here in town.  I think I actually saw it on one of the last days it was here.  I think it was only at the theater for 2 or 3 weeks.  Anyway, I'm glad I managed to see it because it is a really good movie and definitely worth seeing.

The story about how Prince Albert - later King George VI - worked to deal with his stutter is interesting and I think it made for an entertaining movie.  Not everyone feels the same though.  I know of at least a few people who saw it and thought it was boring.  I did know that King Edward VIII abdicated the throne before seeing this movie, but I didn't know anything about King George VI or his stutter. 

The cast is amazingly good, especially Colin Firth.  He's wonderful in the part and definitely deserves the awards he's won for the performance.  Helena Bonham Carter is really good too.  This is probably the most normal part I've seen her play.  Geoffrey Rush also does a good job as Lionel Logue, the speech therapist.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie and think it is definitely worth seeing.

I did get a longer review posted on Epinions.

The King's Speech

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: The King's Speech
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »
Did you still get to see the original version or the new kiddie version?
Matthias

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: The King's Speech
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:21:42 AM »
I saw the R rated version..the swearing was intact.