Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: TV Stars in Movies  (Read 19033 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: TV Stars in Movies
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 06:48:13 PM »

Title: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem: Unrated
Year: 2007
Director: The Brothers Strause
Rating: Unrated
Length: 101 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: DTS: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Steven Pasquale
Reiko Aylesworth
John Ortiz
Johnny Lewis
Ariel Gade
Kristen Hager

Plot:
Packed with adrenaline-pumping action, heart-stopping suspense, plus seven additional minutes of unrated, blood-soaked footage too shocking for theaters, this unrated version of AVP-Requiem escalates the war between sci-fi's scariest movie icons!

After a horrifying PredAlien crash-lands near a small Colorado town, killing everyone it encounters and producing countless Alien offspring, a lone Predator arrives to "clean up" the infestation. Soon it's an all-out battle to the death with no rules, no mercy — and hundreds of innocent people caught in the crossfire. As the creature carnage continues, a handful of human survivors attempt a daring escape, but the U.S. government may be hatching a deadly plan of its own...

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Closed Captioned
Added Footage Marker

My Thoughts:
This one I enjoyed quite a bit. My favorite movie so far this weekend. They went somewhere a bit new for Alien and Predator movies (that I have seen)... in that they involve a whole town instead of being in a secluded area. Which I found to be a nice change of pace for these movies. I really liked Reiko Aylesworth's character in this one. This is the first time I seen her in anything other then 24... which was cool. And a little weird at the same time. While watching... every time she was on the screen I almost felt like... where is Jack Bauer to help his friend!  :P

Anyway... as I said... it is a nice change of pace for the movies. There was some pretty cool effects... not to mention the cool toys the Predators had. This is one I would feel comfortable recommending if you enjoyed the other Alien and Predator movies. Hopefully you would find the change of pace as enjoyable as I did.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

TV Series Cast:
Actor:
Series:
Role:
Reiko Aylesworth
Michelle Dessler
Steven Pasquale
Rescue Me
Sean Garrity
Ariel Gade
Invasion
Rose Varon
Sam Trammell
True Blood
Sam Merlotte
Gina Holden
Blood Ties
Coreen Fennel
Ty Olsson
Battlestar Galactica
Capt. Kelly
Rehka Sharma
Battlestar Galactica
Tory Foster
Francoise Yip
Blood Ties
Kate Lam
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 08:07:19 PM »
I have heard of that one (Somewhere in Time) many times... but never seen it. Would you say it is a must have?
it is essentially a romance movie.
And I must add not a romantic comedy as those Sandra Bullock's films you like. But surprisingly I like it too...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 06:01:05 PM »

Title: View from the Top
Year: 2003
Director: Bruno Barreto
Rating: PG-13
Length: 87 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Christina Applegate
Candice Bergen
Marc Blucas
Frederick Coffin
Chelsey Cole
Nadia Dajani

Plot:
Academy Award®-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow (Shakespeare In Love, Best Actress, 1998; Shallow Hal) stars in this hilarious comedy hit about a small-town girl who's about to get a taste of the big-time world! No one thought Donna (Paltrow) would go very far. But when she sets her sights on becoming a first-class international flight attendant, Donna throws caution to the wind and takes off in pursuit of her dream! The ride is anything but smooth, however, and Donna's laugh-packed journey of a lifetime is rocked by more turbulence than she bargained for! Also starring Christina Applegate (TV's Married With Children), Rob Lowe (Austin Powers trilogy, Tommy Boy), Kelly Preston (What A Girl Wants, Jerry Maguire) and Candice Bergen (Sweet Home Alabama, Miss Congeniality), this charmingly funny treat will send your spirits soaring!

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Thought I would go with a comedy the first thing this morning. Unfortunately I did end up with much of one. I wasn't even half an hour in and I wondered if I could make it through this movie. I did somehow make it till the end of the movie. I am not sure how... I was somehow unable to look away. The movie is very predictable.. I knew where it was going every step of the way. And worst of all... as hard as it tried it just was not funny. I wasn't even able to crack a smile watching this one. Well at least not till the end credits when they showed some out-takes. They were the best thing about the entire movie. This movie has some very pretty girls in it. But they do more then play down their looks... they actually sabotage them. Giving them these huge hairdos and I don't know what else. I will be a bit generous with my rating of this movie for the sole reason I did enjoy the outtakes during the end credits as much as I did.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

TV Series Cast:
Actor:
Series:
Role:
Christina Applegate
Married... with Children
Kelly Bundy
Candace Bergen
Murphy Brown
Murphy Brown
Marc Blucas
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Riley Finn
John Daley
Bones
Dr. Lance Sweets
Joshua Malina
Sports Night
Jeremy Goodwin
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 06:06:30 PM »
Anyone here ever watch a movie that was so bad that you just weren't in the mood for anymore movies that day? I am trying to fight it... but I think that just happened to me.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »
Yeah, happened to me a few times. I usually end up turning to videogames.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »
A garbage movie normally can't put me off that bad. In fact, it might even inspire me to with another one to get over at bad taste in my mouth...

Najemikon

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2011, 06:20:51 PM »
Pete, you're restricting yourself with the marathon now. I agree with Achim and in fact, you need to watch something properly awesome to act as an antidote. Do you own The Godfather? ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 06:26:23 PM »
 :laugh: Nope I don't own The Godfather. And I say this with the fear of being run out of this site. There is no way I would enjoy The Godfather. I cannot think of a single movie about organized crime that I actually liked. I have seen bits and pieces of The Godfather on cable... and even then I didn't like what I saw. So I do not believe that would be the right turn for me right now.  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2011, 06:47:30 PM »
Goodfellas is really a good gangster film, but I can't easilly understand why you would have an hard time watching it :laugh:

Rogmeister

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2011, 07:24:17 PM »
Perhaps you need Sandra Bullock to come to the rescue?  ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2011, 07:28:07 PM »
hmmm... you may be right Roger.  :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 12:46:26 AM »
Don't feel bad Pete...I don't own The Godfather either...and..well...I'm not that interested in seeing it.  I don't tend to like that type of movie either.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 12:57:53 AM »
Over the weekend I watched the following:

Friday Night: Let Me In
Saturday: The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (Original)
Sunday: Let The Right One In and The Town.

Let Me In and Let the Right One In were both amazing. Seriously fuck Twilight, these are real vampire movies. It's such a beautifully told story.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 01:16:46 AM »
Pete - I think you and Brit might enjoy Willow. Another one I'm looking forward to your review is Marathon Man.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 01:26:29 AM »
Next weekend I will probably be doing an unwatched DVD marathon... My unwatched pile is so huge! :P I will try to remember to fit them in. :)
Pete