Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: TV Stars in Movies  (Read 19032 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: TV Stars in Movies
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 08:21:48 AM »
If someone out there that seen both versions... please let me know if the Theatrical cut is any better and I will watch it the next time.
There is two reviews here on the site.

I believe we briefly discussed the two different endings (which is the main difference between the two cuts) somewhere, but it was not following Tom's review, as I thought. I think I preferred the Theatrical, but others liked the Director's Cut more.

I definately prefer the director's cut. I remember that one of us prefers the theatrical cut. It could have been you.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 03:14:42 PM »

Title: Wedding Crashers: Uncorked Edition
Year: 2005
Director: David Dobkin
Rating: Unrated
Length: 127 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Owen Wilson
Vince Vaughn
Christopher Walken
Rachel McAdams
Isla Fisher
Jane Seymour

Plot:
MORE FOOTAGE AND MORE LAUGHS make this UNCORKED EDITION a "bust-a-gut, roll-in-the-aisle"* (Maxim)† comedy and the most raucous party of the year!

Guided by a set of "wedding crashing rules," John Beckwith (Owen Wilson) and Jeremy Grey (Vince Vaughn) can charm their way into any wedding...and into the hearts of every bridesmaid. But at the biggest nuptials of the year, John breaks the rules and falls for the daughter (Rachel McAdams) of the US Secretary of Treasury (Christopher Walken), and Jeremy is left at the mercy of her "stage-five-clinger" sister (Isla Fisher). Being there for his buddy, Jeremy follows John to the family's huge estate for a weekend that may even be too wild for these professional party guys.

*Review of theatrical release.
†Pete Hammond, Maxim Magazine

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Music Videos
DVD-ROM Content
Closed Captioned
Theatrical version

My Thoughts:
Found myself in the mood for a comedy this morning. When I first popped this one in I was really enjoying it. Until it got to about the halfway point. There it lost a little something. This one is entertaining... but not what I would call great. I do think that Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn made a pretty good team.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

TV Series Cast:
Actor:
Series:
Role:
Jane Seymour
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
Dr. Michaela 'Mike' Quinn
Bradley Cooper
Alias
Will Tippin
David Conrad
Ghost Whisperer
Jim Clancy
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »
If someone out there that seen both versions... please let me know if the Theatrical cut is any better and I will watch it the next time.
There is two reviews here on the site.

I believe we briefly discussed the two different endings (which is the main difference between the two cuts) somewhere, but it was not following Tom's review, as I thought. I think I preferred the Theatrical, but others liked the Director's Cut more.

I definately prefer the director's cut. I remember that one of us prefers the theatrical cut. It could have been you.

I think I've seen the Director's cut if it's the one Achim described. I'd tell you what I thought of the theatrical version, but that would involve having to watch the film again, which I don't plan on ever doing again.  :whistle:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 05:15:55 PM »
I am even considering giving part 3 a chance.

I quite liked the third part (I have it reviewed before). I think you will enjoy it also. It's a slasher movie with a time-travel twist.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 05:38:34 PM »
Definitely have to put part 3 on my list!  :thumbup:

On the first one... if it is true that the only difference between the theatrical version and the Director's Cut is the ending... I may go back and just watch the last say 3 or 4 chapters of the theatrical to see the alternate ending. or can it be seen in one of the extras? :P
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 05:43:58 PM »
While you list Jane Seymour as a TV star, I think the first thing I ever actually saw her in was a theatrical film.  She was the Bond girl in Roger Moore's first James Bond film, Live and Let Die which I think came out in 1973.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 05:51:44 PM »
On the first one... if it is true that the only difference between the theatrical version and the Director's Cut is the ending... I may go back and just watch the last say 3 or 4 chapters of the theatrical to see the alternate ending. or can it be seen in one of the extras? :P

In the director's cut there are also a few additional scenes throughout the movie, which had to be cut when the ending was changed for the theatrical cut. Without them, the alternate ending will not make much sense.
But maybe this article helps.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »
While you list Jane Seymour as a TV star, I think the first thing I ever actually saw her in was a theatrical film.  She was the Bond girl in Roger Moore's first James Bond film, Live and Let Die which I think came out in 1973.

I don't go by what they did first... I only go by the question "did they ever star in a TV Series?"

But hey... that is me.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »

In the director's cut there are also a few additional scenes throughout the movie, which had to be cut when the ending was changed for the theatrical cut. Without them, the alternate ending will not make much sense.
But maybe this article helps.

OK got ya... wait till I watch the movie again.  :thumbup:
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 06:10:33 PM »

The movie "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeve is the first thing that jumps to my mind when I hear her name!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 06:14:20 PM »
I have heard of that one (Somewhere in Time) many times... but never seen it. Would you say it is a must have?
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
I have heard of that one (Somewhere in Time) many times... but never seen it. Would you say it is a must have?

It's a good movie, but I am not sure if it is one for you.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 06:30:06 PM »
Thanks Tom
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »

Well it was for me, but I really like both main actors and the time travel aspect of the movie; but it is essentially a romance movie.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2011, 06:37:31 PM »
Sounds like for me it may be iffy... I will hold off... if I see it extremely cheap (or is given to me) I will probably give it a chance.
Pete