Author Topic: 14 Days of Romance Marathon  (Read 23205 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Days of Romance Marathon
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 11:55:36 PM »
Well then... I'm just not telling... so there! Neener, Neener, Neener!  :tease:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 08:13:52 AM »
I feel very awkward opening this thread. Pete the über-horror-fan setting out to watch two weeks worth of romantic films seems odd (*shudders*). To be clear, just like Jimmy pointed out, it's not about the romantic films, it's about doing two weeks of them! :stars:

Pete, I guess the ood part will be how much more you enjoy the next horror after this :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 01:57:32 PM »
 :laugh: Hey... I enjoy a little of it all!  :thumbsup:

I know 2 weeks may be a bit much... but the idea popped in my head and I just had to try it.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 02:00:11 PM »
Besides... there is a couple Romantic Horrors (Damn... that is a term I never thought I would type) in there!

- Blood & Chocolate (werewolf pack)
- Twilight (Vampires)
- Zombie Honeymoon (Zombies... duh!)

:laugh:
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »
I feel very awkward opening this thread. Pete the über-horror-fan setting out to watch two weeks worth of romantic films seems odd (*shudders*). To be clear, just like Jimmy pointed out, it's not about the romantic films, it's about doing two weeks of them! :stars:

Pete, I guess the ood part will be how much more you enjoy the next horror after this :laugh:

Next thing you know, he'll be scheduling a "musicals" marathon!    :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
 :puke:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Second Season
THE CHOSEN ONE HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN...

Now you can own the entire second season of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER. All 22 classic episodes are available for the first time in this exclusive 6-disc collector's edition. From "When She Was Bad," "Surprise" and "Innocence," to "Passion" and "Becoming, Part One" and "Becoming, Part Two," these Season Two episodes are a must for every true Buffy fan

Episode Watched: Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Due to a love spell gone awry, all the women in Sunnydale find themselves attracted to Xander. All women, that is, with the exception of Cordelia.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this one. I thought it was a fun way for the show to do a Valentine's Day episode. Definitely good for a few laughs.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 07:32:22 PM »

Title: The Lost Valentine
Year: 2011
Director: Darnell Martin

Stars:
Jennifer Love Hewit
Sean Faris
Betty White
Billy Magnussen
Gil Gerard

Plot:
Based on the novel, The Last Valentine, by James Michael Pratt. A young and cynical female journalist learns love may transcend trials and time as she discovers a story that will change her life forever. When war separates lovers on their wedding anniversary Feb. 14, 1944 at LA Union Train Station, Navy pilot Neil Thomas makes a promise he isn't sure he can keep - to return to the train station safe by their next anniversary.

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I recorded off TV about a week ago or so. It is a pretty good movie. I did enjoy it. I liked seeing both Betty White and Jennifer Love Hewitt in this one. It is a sweet and touching story. But it did seem a bit slow at times.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 08:22:26 PM »
You are right about Hugh Grant... but that is one of the ones I was planning on checking out. Trailer for it looked pretty good. :)

I also liked Notting Hill which I saw in a theater during it's original run.  Of course, I consider Julia Roberts the queen of the romantic comedy so you need to see at least one of her films during this run.  Maybe one of Meg Ryan's, too?  I liked Sleepless In Seattle, too...as well as You've Got Mail.  Strangely enough, I still haven't gotten around to watching the first Tom Hanks-Meg Ryan film, Joe Vs. The Volcano  :-\

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
I don't have Sleepless in Seattle... but I do have You've Got Mail. So I could probably get that one in as well.
Pete

Sanuye

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 10:25:33 PM »
You should watch When Harry Met Sally
It's a must see movie!!! It's one of my favorite romantic comedies :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »
I do plan on getting to that one... It is one I never seen but always heard good things.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 01:48:00 AM »

Title: The Good Witch
Year: 2008
Director: Craig Pryce
Rating: NR
Length: 88 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
Catherine Bell
Chris Potter
Catherine Disher
Peter MacNeill
Allan Royal
Matthew Knight

Plot:
A mysterious, yet charming woman arrives in a small town and causes a stir when people think she is an actual witch. The town's moral committee, lead by the mayor's wife, becomes convinced she is evil and begins a campaign to drive her out of town. This causes much stress to the town sheriff, a struggling widower, who is slowly developing feelings for the woman. As their relationship grows, the woman helps the sheriff's children, as well as several members of the community, face their problems and overcome personal obstacles. But is it common sense or magic that's helping the townfolk? And will they ever be able to accept her as one of their own?

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I saw on cable not all that long ago... along with it's two sequels. And at that time I enjoyed every minute of it. Watching it for the second time today I enjoyed it just as much as the first. I really like the character of Cassandra Nightingale (The Good Witch) and the lovely Catherine Bell did a wonderful job in the role. I couldn't imagine anyone doing it better. If there is anything I didn't care for though... it would be that the ending felt like it was settled a little quickly and easily. But that didn't really take away from the movie for me.

After watching it the first time on Cable I was quick to see if these movies were on DVD. I was thrilled to find this one and ordered it on the next order I made. But unfortunately the two sequels have not been released yet. Hopefully they will be before too long. Also unfortunate is the fact that this DVD release has no extras what so ever.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 05:23:15 AM »
Movies I could Choose From:
Titles in Italic I never seen before. So if you see one that shouldn't be included please let me know!

- When Harry Met Sally...
Inspired by the other comments I looked at your list and picked the above as a MUST-SEE for this marathon!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 05:53:15 AM »
The Good Witch sounds interesting.  I've never heard of it before though.