Author Topic: Little Fockers  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Little Fockers
« on: January 04, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
Little Fockers

I really wasn't that eager to see Little Fockers.  I enjoyed Meet the Parents well enough at first, but for me, it isn't one I want to see again.  It just doesn't hold up well.  I saw Meet the Fockers and once was enough for that one as well.  I only have them because I got them as a gift.  It sort of made sense for the second movie to be made, though it really just a rehash of the first movie.  I don't think Little Fockers needed to be made, especially after so much time has passed since the second movie came out.  I ended up going to see it despite my reservations.  I should have gone to see True Grit or Tangled again.  Or stayed home and cleaned out the litter boxes.

So this one picks up years after the second movie.  Greg and Pam are happily married, though a bit stressed at times.  Jack is very upset because of problems Pam's sister has with her husband.  Jack is also dealing with a health problem, so he decides that he has to ask Greg to take over and lead the family..to become the god focker.  Jack and Dina arrive for the twins' birthday party and things just go downhill from there.  Greg is asked to do some work promoting an erectile dysfunction drug.  He takes the job because of the money, but he wants to keep it a secret from Jack.  That leads to Jack becoming more suspicious and jumping to conclusions about what Greg is doing.  Things are complicated a bit by the fact that Kevin, Pam's former boyfriend, is back and still carrying a torch for her.

Little Fockers is just more of the same nonsense of Jack being suspicious of everything Greg does that was in the first two movies.  Jack continues to be a control freak.  He has not changed or grown as a character at all.  Greg really hasn't either..he still doesn't deal well with Jack.  Pam and Dina - Jack's wife - really don't do much of anything.  They are just there.  It does seem like they are just there to witness the insanity of their husbands.  Greg's parents are just an after thought, tossed in a few short scenes in which they do nothing.  Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand are really wasted in the parts.  I read that Hoffman wasn't going to be in the movie because he thought the script was horrible.  Then there were new negotiations or something and he came back for the few scenes.  He should have stuck with his first instinct.  Jessica Alba turns up as a new character, Andi.  She is a former nurse that talks Greg into promoting the new drug.  Andi is a huge idiot and it isn't believable at all that she is a former nurse or holds down any sort of stable job.  The character is a complete waste.

Naming the movie Little Fockers is misleading.  The children are barely in the movie and they really add nothing to the movie.  Samantha is shown to be extremely intelligent and a lot like Jack, while Henry is made to look like an idiot.  Most of the movie is just focused on the nonsense going on between Jack and Greg.  Having their names in the title wouldn't have been as misleading.  The kids are just an excuse to get Jack and Greg together again to act like morons.  This movie really shouldn't have been made, but unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that another one may end up being made.  The ending leaves something open..and since this mess has made a lot of money, it will probably happen.

Overall, Little Fockers is a mess.  There are a few moments that are sort of entertaining, but that is it.  Too much of the humor is just a rehash of stuff from the first movies that wasn't that funny to begin with.  There is too much gross and crude humor.  This one really isn't worth seeing.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Little Fockers

Najemikon

Re: Little Fockers
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:57:50 PM »
...I should have gone to see True Grit or Tangled again.  Or stayed home and cleaned out the litter boxes.

:hysterical:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:02:09 PM »
Well that's how I feel.  It isn't the worst movie I've seen...but it sure isn't that good.  The movie was gross and unfunny...just like cleaning out the litter boxes.  So I could have gotten something accomplished while suffering through a gross, unfunny activity. 
 :laugh:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:34:06 PM »
Naming the movie Little Fockers is misleading. 

I'm really surprised they didn't go for MotherFockers  ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 05:10:06 AM »
 :laugh:

Well maybe they will use that for another one if they do it.