Author Topic: Batman: The Animated Series  (Read 33431 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Batman: The Animated Series
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2011, 04:35:11 AM »

108. Mad Love
Harley reflects on her first meeting with the Joker as she plots to eliminate her main competition in his attentions - Batman.

My Thoughts:

Very classic moments throughout. Harley failing to comfort/love the Joker. Harley taking Batman on her own. Hearing Batman laugh (very creepy). That, and classic “victim of abusive boyfriend” psychology right at the end.

Also, this was the telling of how Harleen Quinzel became Harley Quinn, and I love origin stories!! Even if they are once I’ve seen a dozen times over, lol.

« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2011, 04:38:12 AM »

109. Chemistry
Bruce Wayne, along with other wealthy denizens of Gotham, fall in love with their ideal mate, who all happen to have green eyes. Wayne decides to marry, and gives up being Batman forever. However, an old enemy's latest plot is being set into motion...

My Thoughts:

Here, I really get a “Single Dad” feeling from Bruce. Finds someone who makes him happy and lets the kids take over the business.

This was a classic Ivy plot, but the fact that so much love got involved makes it so much crueler. Wayne’s wife almost made me want him to go back and get her during the last scene. She seemed so helpless.  :(  Very good emotional pull.

In the comics, I don’t believe Batman was ever married, though I could be wrong considering how little DC I read. (I only took the time really to read Blue Beetle). But, they pulled it off if not for only the one episode.

« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2011, 04:41:21 AM »

110. Beware the Creeper
Exposure to a weird mixture of chemicals, including the Joker's laughing gas, changes straitlaced newsman Jack Ryder into the crazed Creeper. He looks to kill the Joker, and develops a much unwanted crush on Harley.

My Thoughts:

Yay, Freakazoid!!! Oh, I mean Creeper!!  ;)

For those that don’t know, the Creeper was actually the first idea for Freakazoid, who is the freak below.

As you can see, a lot has changed. But he’s still so whacky!! I love it!! The JOKER called him a lunatic!! :laugh: There are so many amazing moments here. I just love it!! I can’t say much else!!

One last note? The henchmen were the Three Stooges.  :thumbup:

« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2011, 04:43:13 AM »

111. Judgment Day
A new, mysterious vigilante known as "The Judge" appears and targets Gotham's rogues gallery with ruthless fury. 

My Thoughts:

The Judge seemed to be such a gritty vigilante I think he outdid Batman in that department. I could see so much potential in him as an actual supernatural entity like a ghost-like one from DC I saw before, though I can’t place a name. I think it was along the lines of Spirit but I can’t be sure.

The actual origin of the judge wasn’t what I expected, but nicely done all the same. It’s safe to say I didn’t see it coming, and I won’t spoil it for anyone. I may see a bit of a missed opportunity, but the result was promising, good to watch if you’re into the darker episodes.

« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2011, 04:46:47 AM »
FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...................and it only took over a year  :slaphead:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2011, 05:30:38 AM »
 :stars: :suicide: :stars:

:tease:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2011, 08:31:59 AM »
It took me over a year to finish the James Bond and Hitchcock marathons.  And...well...we just won't mention how horrible I've done with the one for years since I was born. (I've think I've done 1...well that I wrote about here anyway.)

Rogmeister

« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »
I thought I'd seen every episode of this series but I don't remember seeing the Creeper one.  I remember reading the original Creeper comic book back in the 1960's which was by artist Steve Ditko.

« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2011, 01:11:30 AM »
I thought I'd seen every episode of this series but I don't remember seeing the Creeper one.  I remember reading the original Creeper comic book back in the 1960's which was by artist Steve Ditko.

one of my friends from the Deadpool Forum, aracnineryu, has had me proofread quite a few issues of the Creeper fanfic she has. She's done some nice drawings as well. In that light, I can't say I'm unfamiliar with the character but this is the first time I experianced first-hand what he was like. 

I can't say I know much about the birth of the creeper, I just knew what i knew from when he was mentioned down here: