Author Topic: Tremors: The Series Episode Review Thread  (Read 10796 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Tremors: The Series Episode Review Thread
« on: November 15, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »

Tremors: The Series
Episode Reviews
Life in Perfection, Nevada, isn’t so perfect since the small town developed a very big problem with man-eating, morphing monsters. Luckily, the residents are up to the challenge in every earthshaking, action-packed episode of Tremors included in this 3-disc set. Inspired by the movies that have become beloved cult classics, this fun, thrilling TV series reveals more of the down ’n’ dirty battles as the locals attempt to coexist with the Graboids, Shriekers and Ass Blasters now on the "protected species" list, including a particularly large Graboid nicknamed "El Blanco." Add to the craziness a combination of secret labs, the gene-blending "Mixmaster" and the occasional fanatical tourist, and there’s never a dull moment in Perfection.

Cast:
Victor Browne as Tyler Reed
Gladise Jimenez as Rosalita Sanchez
Marcia Strassman as Nancy Sterngood
Lela Lee as Jodi Chang
Dean Norris as W.D. Twitchell
Michael Gross as Burt Gummer

Episode List
1. Feeding Frenzy
2. Shriek and Destroy
3. Blast from the Past
4. Hit and Run
5. Project 4-12
6. Ghost Dance
7. Night of the Shriekers
8. A Little Paranoia Among Friends
9. Flora or Fauna
10. Graboid Rights
11. Water Hazard
12. The Sounds of Silence
13. The Key

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:24:38 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Tremors: The Series Episode Review Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 08:27:25 PM »

1. Feeding Frenzy
Life can be a little unsettling with El Blanco underneath the town, but Burt must decide whether it's worthwhile to destroy the man-eating Graboid - as it's the only thing stopping developers from seizing the land in Perfection.

My Thoughts:
Nice start to the series. It pretty much takes place after Tremors 3: Back to Perfection... but at least from what I can remember... the only person that crossed over from the movies to the series is Michael Gross as Burt Gummer. I must say... the character Rosalita (Gladise Jimenez... first pic below)... wow... very nice! Definitely makes watching the series more fun. :drooling:

My Rating:

Screen Caps

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:34:22 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 09:58:59 PM »

2. Shriek and Destroy
When some vicious shriekers makes an appearance in the lead-up to Juniper's Pioneer Days fair Burt makes a risky deal with Twitchell to get all the weapons he needs for the fight.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode... even though most of the main cast is barely seen. Just a little in the beginning and a brief scene in the end. But it was fun seeing Burt having to deal with old 1800s guns to stop the shriekers. Not quite as good as the first episode... but almost!

My Rating:

Screen Caps

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:34:44 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 10:49:38 PM »
I watched this show when it was on and enjoyed it for the most part..yes it was a bit cheesy at times, but it was fun.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:13:01 PM »

3. Blast from the Past
Burt teaches his first survival-school class and gives some hopeless city guys the shock of their lives when they're forced to help find the Ass Blaster that devoured an unfortunate hang glider.

My Thoughts:
An excellent episode! This one continues part of the storyline from the third movie... where Nancy and her daughter captured the Ass Blaster... and sold it so she could send her daughter to collage.  And OMG... I am getting a new obsession with the character Rosalita (Gladise Jimenez). Surprisingly this show was on Sci-Fi Channel... so basic cable.... and they had her in just a white T-Shirt... she had to hide her body heat from an Ass Blaster... so she hides in water. And we end up with 2 very nice scenes of her in a white wet T-Shirt with all she had to offer in plain view. Talk about a pleasant surprise!  :drooling: And sorry guys... that is not one of the pictures I captured.  :tease:

My Rating:

Screen Caps

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:35:06 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 11:22:05 PM »
I watched this show when it was on and enjoyed it for the most part..yes it was a bit cheesy at times, but it was fun.

Oh yeah... it is definitely cheesy at times... but then so was the movies. :P

I just realized... this is the first thing horror related I have watched since October ended. Took a 2 week break and then back at it. :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 11:40:46 PM »
Well this is rather mild for a horror..it was on basic cable after all. :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 11:56:33 PM »
mild maybe... but there was still some pretty graphic gore in it. Like what looked like a truck rolling in town with no one in the driver's seat... when we get a close look from stomach up gone... stomach down still strapped in to the seatbelt. Also seen several other remains throughout the first 3 episodes... bodies torn apart and such.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 12:16:21 AM »
I forgot about that stuff.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 10:57:17 AM »

4. Hit and Run
Sin City comes to the desert in the guise of two shady Vegas thugs who is determined to see El Blanco at any cost.

My Thoughts:
When I first read the overview for this one I didn't think I would care for this one all that much. But it surprised me... it is a very good episode. I didn't think I would like having members of the crime syndicate showing up in perfection... but the way they did it made it entertaining.

My Rating:

Screen Caps

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 10:58:40 AM »
This completes the first disc. Now I just have to decide if I want to go straight onto the next disc or put this set up for a few to make the fun last a little longer... and work on another of the sets I have for a disc or two.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 01:28:43 AM »

5. Project 4-12
An old man in the desert creates a horrendous hybrid creature as a pet and it is up to Burt to put the thing in it's place before it uses X-ray vision to hunt down some tasty human treats.

My Thoughts:
Not quite as good as most the others I watched.... but still enjoyable. I'm not surprised they decided to show a new creature on the series. While I don't think it is needed... it was pretty cool. This episode has the guest star of Christopher Lloyd playing the scientist that created the creature.

My Rating:

Screen Caps

Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 05:36:11 AM »
You seem to have a lot of fun with the show! I love the first film (may upgrade to Blu, depending how the reviews go) and like the second. So, I wish listed the series at Amazon, since it's only 12.99 :)

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 10:28:05 PM »
I liked the series, but I'm not surprised that it only lasted one season. It just seemed that the theme from the movies was pretty well milked out by the four movies and there wasn't much one could do without totally straying from the original concept. Which is pretty much what happened. So - it was fun while it lasted, but I'm not too upset that there wasn't a second season.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 10:47:19 PM »
I think I read that there are plans to make another movie...with Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward back.