Author Topic: Ghibli Blu's  (Read 82074 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ghibli Blu's
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2014, 07:47:29 PM »
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya now has Japanese release date of the 3rd. December 2014. As with the other releases it is listed as Region Free with assorted audio and subtitles including English in both.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2014, 10:51:51 PM »
12.12.2014 will be my day (Made myself an early Christmas present):

Hayao Miyazaki Collection

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2014, 12:26:53 AM »
12.12.2014 will be my day (Made myself an early Christmas present):

Hayao Miyazaki Collection

Very nice looking set  :congrats: I do like the look of the box.

Looking at the details on the Amazon DE site it would appear that the film discs are the existing releases rather than the re-mastered, extras-free editions in the Japanese set. I think I may have to cancel my pre-order but I'll wait for the details to appear on Amazon UK first to confirm.
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Eommen

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2014, 12:42:50 PM »
Just a fair warning on this nice looking German box.

I live near the border and from time to time I visit German shops for good BluRay deals. I looked repeatedly at German Ghibli movie releases and they only have German and Japanese sound and German subtitles. No English. Scroll down on The Wind Rises (as an example) to see what I mean.

I assume this collection is all the individual releases together. So unless you're fluent in either Japanese or German (or both) it'll be just an expensive box. Just so you know...

Because the discs differ this way significantly from the English releases it is probably a different distributor. Meaning that it remains to be seen if something similar (and good looking) is to be released in the U.K.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 12:47:20 PM by Eommen »

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »

A selection of pictures are now associated with the box set at amazon UK here, I don't know how to grab pictures from amazon so couldn't include them. Still no details about the discs though.
Dave

My Library

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2014, 07:39:42 PM »
Because the discs differ this way significantly from the English releases it is probably a different distributor. Meaning that it remains to be seen if something similar (and good looking) is to be released in the U.K.

Yes the UK distributor is StudioCanal, not too sure who it is in Germany but I wouldn't have been buying those ones.

Hopefully a couple of images for the UK release will appear below. I note from this and comparing the release info on the German amazon that the UK release will include The Castle of Cagliostro.

Dave

My Library

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2015, 07:32:18 PM »
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya now has Japanese release date of the 3rd. December 2014. As with the other releases it is listed as Region Free with assorted audio and subtitles including English in both.

This has now been released in the US by Universal. I can't find any details for a UK release.
Dave

My Library

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2015, 09:53:50 PM »

This has now been released in the US by Universal. I can't find any details for a UK release.

Just thought I'd check on IMDb for any new information and found that this was released to cinemas last week on the 20th. So it will be a couple of months, or more, before a Blu-ray release appears here in the UK.
Dave

My Library

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2015, 07:14:51 PM »

Just thought I'd check on IMDb for any new information and found that this was released to cinemas last week on the 20th. So it will be a couple of months, or more, before a Blu-ray release appears here in the UK.

This is now listed for a UK release on July 13th 2015.

Dave

My Library

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2015, 07:18:39 PM »
A couple of Japanese releases have been listed:-

Panda! Go Panda! and Umi ga Kikoeru (Ocean Waves) both due on July 17th 2015.
Dave

My Library

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2015, 12:00:24 AM »
I've been looking around and found When Marnie Was There (Omoide no Marnie). It has already been released on Blu-ray in Japan with English subtitles but I could not find any further details for UK/US/ROW.

This would appear to be the final film from Studio Ghibli as things currently stand.  :(
Dave

My Library

Najemikon

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2015, 11:09:27 PM »
Evening Dave! Are you aware of this? https://twitter.com/indiewire/status/626462195233067009

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 12:00:46 AM »
Evening Dave! Are you aware of this? https://twitter.com/indiewire/status/626462195233067009

and a good evening to you sir. That was very nice  ;D, thank you for finding it.
Dave

My Library

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2015, 09:15:26 PM »
The Hayao Miyazaki box set is getting a US release from Disney exclusive to Amazon.

Details at Blu-ray.com here.
Dave

My Library

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2015, 06:28:22 AM »
I already bought most of his films as single releases throughout the past years. Just received Spirited Away recently, which was finally released, and still need to get at least Porco Rosso and one other one. Had I known this set was coming...