Author Topic: Watched Banner  (Read 10837 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Watched Banner
« on: October 02, 2010, 07:34:49 AM »
Is there something off with your banner?  Shouldn't Humanoids From the Deep have moved as your watched more instead of staying there on the end?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Watched Banner
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:46:20 AM »
No the movies I watched in a day are always place in no particular order, no idea if an option exist to have them in viewing order.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Watched Banner
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 08:16:05 AM »
Ok.  Just wondered. :)

Think mine end up in viewing order...though I usually add them one at a time right too.

RossRoy

Watched Banner
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 01:59:23 PM »
No the movies I watched in a day are always place in no particular order, no idea if an option exist to have them in viewing order.

The way it works, I think, is that if you add them as watched "today", it'll register the exact time at which you entered it into Profiler. If you mark it as watched any other day, then the timestamp is fixed to a certain value (probably 00:00:00 since the program can't know), and then the movies end up sorted by title or some other magic sorting we don't know about.

phpdvdprofiler takes the timestamp (date and time) as first sorting option, and reverts to something else (probably title) when 2 or more movies have the same timestamp.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 02:01:23 PM by RossRoy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Watched Banner
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 06:35:51 AM »
The way it works, I think, is that if you add them as watched "today", it'll register the exact time at which you entered it into Profiler. If you mark it as watched any other day, then the timestamp is fixed to a certain value (probably 00:00:00 since the program can't know), and then the movies end up sorted by title or some other magic sorting we don't know about.

phpdvdprofiler takes the timestamp (date and time) as first sorting option, and reverts to something else (probably title) when 2 or more movies have the same timestamp.
This description is spot on. After I eventually found out about this I now always change the computer time back to the date (and time) when I watched a film, as to have it recorded properly. Yes, I am that anal about this...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Watched Banner
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 06:55:29 AM »
I hadn't noticed it doing that before, but I remember now it started to do that when I finished watching Castle.  I finished the final disc at like 11:55 or something..but it was just after midnight when I got the program loaded up.  When I uploaded the file thing for it, it had it like I had watched the fifth disc between 3 and 4 or something - I watched a lot of Castle that day. :)  Anyway, I just changed the date to get the discs in watch order.  I was thinking last night, after the explanation, that if that happened again, I'd just switch the date and time on the computer.   :laugh:

I seem to be getting a bit..umm..compulsive about putting in when I watch stuff.  I want it accurate now.  Not that it really matters, but..well.  I never claimed to be logical.
 :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Watched Banner
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 07:17:54 AM »
I seem to be getting a bit..umm..compulsive about putting in when I watch stuff.  I want it accurate now.  Not that it really matters, but..well.  I never claimed to be logical. :laugh:
I usually jump up and run to my computer when the movie is finished, so I can enter as soon after watching it as possible. :bag: Although, I now have a program on my iPad to control the screen of my main computer (VNC), so I can do it right from the sofa now. :laugh:

When I finish a movie after midnight I will usually turn back the computer clock so it registers for the previous day. I will also always make sure that the registered times have the correct distance if I watch two films right after each other (even though the time is later never seen anywhere in the program or phpdvdprofiler). :slaphead:

RossRoy

Watched Banner
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 07:18:25 AM »
Personally I just care that they appear in the right order on my watched bar. I don't mind about the exact day, even less the exact time, I watched something.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Watched Banner
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 08:53:04 AM »
I seem to be getting a bit..umm..compulsive about putting in when I watch stuff.  I want it accurate now.  Not that it really matters, but..well.  I never claimed to be logical. :laugh:
I usually jump up and run to my computer when the movie is finished, so I can enter as soon after watching it as possible. :bag: Although, I now have a program on my iPad to control the screen of my main computer (VNC), so I can do it right from the sofa now. :laugh:

When I finish a movie after midnight I will usually turn back the computer clock so it registers for the previous day. I will also always make sure that the registered times have the correct distance if I watch two films right after each other (even though the time is later never seen anywhere in the program or phpdvdprofiler). :slaphead:

I almost did that last night after I finished Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.  It was really late - or I guess you could say early - but I did briefly consider getting up and marking that I'd watched it at that point.  I didn't because I was already comfy and I'd have to load up the program again.  Though if I had a laptop, I probably would have.   :laugh:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Watched Banner
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »
I seldom even use the watched tag. Every once in a while I'll put it in  but never the date or time because I don't know when I actually viewed them!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Watched Banner
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 10:37:56 PM »
I seldom even use the watched tag. Every once in a while I'll put it in  but never the date or time because I don't know when I actually viewed them!

When I first got Profiler I didn't mess marking when I watched stuff. 
I know a lot dates are off, but I want to keep doing it now and be more accurate.  With some movies, I know I've watched them a few times, but I can't remember when, so I did a best guess on one viewing so at least it shows that they have been watched.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Watched Banner
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 06:40:20 AM »

When I first got Profiler I didn't mess marking when I watched stuff. 
I know a lot dates are off, but I want to keep doing it now and be more accurate.  With some movies, I know I've watched them a few times, but I can't remember when, so I did a best guess on one viewing so at least it shows that they have been watched.
As with similar things at work, the benefits of such record-keeping only become obvious much, much later (if one is so inclined to consider them benefits). I have been using it for several years now and am often glad to be able to see how long ago it is that I have seen a particular film, or how many I have seen already in the running year, telling me whether I was slacking and need to watch more or I'm doing fine to get my stuff watched.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Watched Banner
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 08:47:59 AM »
When I finish a movie after midnight I will usually turn back the computer clock so it registers for the previous day.

Depending on the day and mood I am between this and this.

Personally I just care that they appear in the right order on my watched bar. I don't mind about the exact day, even less the exact time, I watched something.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 11:06:14 PM »
I would like to set up a Watched Banner, can someone please help me out with that? 

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 11:16:16 PM »
I would like to set up a Watched Banner, can someone please help me out with that? 

next year...
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools