Author Topic: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2010  (Read 155076 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2010
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
Title: The 4th Floor
Year: 1999
Director: Josh Klausner
Rating: R
Length: 90 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
Juliette Lewis
William Hurt
Shelley Duvall
Austin Pendleton
Tobin Bell
Artie Lange

Plot:
Jane Emelin (Juliette Lewis) has never lived alone and decides to move into an apartment by herself instead of with her boyfriend, Greg Harrison (Academy Award® winner, William Hurt). At first glance, the neighborhood is enchanting and the neighbors friendly, but things quickly turn bizarre. Something evil lurks in the floorboards and the walls and no one believes her fears. Terrifying sounds, massive infestations of mice and roaches turn her happy home into a horrifying hell-hole. Now it is up to Jane to discover the terrible secret before it’s the death of her…

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Gallery
Production Notes

My Thoughts:
While a good movie. I would personally say it is more of a thriller then a horror. I had a feeling who her tormentor was about half way through the movie. I like the main actress in this one... Juliette Lewis... who I know from the movie From Dusk Till Dawn. Tobin Bell of Saw fame also has a small part in this one as well. If you never seen this one... I would say it is worth the hour and a half you have to put into it.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 77
TV Ep. Count: 47 I Made It! (10/20)
Other Count: 8 I Made It! (10/15)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2010, 12:14:04 AM »
Title: Bone Eater
Year: 2007
Director: Bob Robertson
Rating: PG-13
Length: 88 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Bruce Boxleitner
Michael Horse
Adoni Maropis
Clara Bryant
Jesse Janzen
William Katt

Plot:
A construction worker (GIL GERARD, "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century") breaks ground on what is said to be Indian holy ground. The crew soon uncovers an ancient artifact and removes it from the earth, unleashing an evil spirit known as the Bone Eater. With every victim, the Bone Eater grows more powerful. Sheriff Evans (BRUCE BOXLEITNER, "Babylon 5"), his daughter, and the town doctor (WILLIAM KATT, "The Greatest American Hero") seek the help of a wise Indian girl to uncover the secret before it's too late!

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Oh what to say about this one. This is a TV movie that originally aired on the Sci-Fi Channel.  As such it is pretty much what you would expect... entertaining but nothing to get excited about. Just a ridiculous cheesy mess. But hey... that can be fun at times too. William Katt (The Greatest American Hero) has a small part in this movie playing a doctor. Other familiar faces in this one include Gil Gerard (Buck Rogers), Bruce Boxleitner (Babylon 5) and Walter Koenig (Star Trek). The Bone Eater... which is a demonic skeleton... looks corny but he tends to grow on you. I know I was starting to get a kick out of him... especially when he was chasing a few people on motorcycles... and he brings forth a skeleton horse. While it is corny it just seemed cool on some level at the same time... if you know what I mean. I found the way he killed to be rather weird... but hey... for a TV movie I guess you can't expect a whole lot of blood. But he uses a weapon made of bone and when he strikes someone (or even breathes his nasty breath on them)... they just disintegrate into dust. This is really not one I feel comfortable recommending... but I did enjoy it for what it is. Corny fun.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 78
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2010, 02:04:11 AM »
Title: Shadow Zone: The Undead Express
Year: 1996
Director: Stephen Williams
Length: 98 Min.

Stars:
Ron Silver
Chauncey Leopardi
Natanya Ross
Tony T. Johnson
Sherry Miller
Ron Lea

Plot:
Out of the darkness, the grim reaper appears in a graveyard among headstones and gargoyles. Elegantly cloaked, but masked by shadows, his eyes burn yellow as he tells us we all have a little evil inside us. Take Zach Kincaid...

A lonely and intense 14-year-old horror movie hunkie, Zach (Chauncey Leopardi) is a good kid but a little confused as a result of his parents' recent break-up. Perhaps for this reason, he often tends to stretch the truth. His friends, J.T. Heffernan, a computer geek, and Gabrielle "Gabe" Lattanzi, a lovely, intelligent athlete, humor Zach, but know just how much to believe.

On the way home one weekend, Zach becomes lost on a deserted subway platform. When he stops for directions he is attacked, but rescued in the nick of time by Valentine (Ron Silver), a self-styled vegetarian vampire from the turn of the century. Finding cold comfort in Valentine's assurance of protection, Zach runs for the first available train. Unfortunately he steps onto the Undead Express, which is full of vampires who are not, apparently, vegetarian...

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This one is actually a TV Movie that originally aired on Showtime. From what I read it was actually supposed to be the first movie in a series (think Masters of Horror) called Shadow Zone. I remember seeing this movie on Showtime when it first aired. And I remembered always liking it...and I still enjoy every minute of it. I was kinda surprise that for a vampire movie you only get to see one single person get bit. But that is probably because this movie was made with younger teens and families in mind. It was kinda in the same vein (sorry for the bad pun!) as goosebumps... but maybe a little more spooky then that.

As for the DVD itself... it is put out by a lower-budget company... so unfortunately there is no extras what so ever on this release. Not even the trailer. Which as most of you know is a pet peeve of mine. The video and audio quality was good... not great but more then watchable.Over-all was definitely worth the time I put in to watch this one.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 79
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2010, 01:56:22 PM »
Title: Tales from the Crypt Presents Bordello of Blood: Widescreen Edition
Year: 1996
Director: Gilbert Adler
Length: 86 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
John Kassir
Dennis Miller
Erika Eleniak
Angie Everhart
Chris Sarandon
Corey Feldman

Plot:
A wickedly funny motion picture complete with all the hackcitement anyone could axe for! Dennis Miller, stunning supermodel Angie Everhart and Erika Eleniak join every bodies' favorite cutup, the Cryptkeeper, in a hip frightmare of sly humor, sex appeal and go-for-the-juglar special effects.

Madam Lilith (Everhart) and her lucious cohorts run a most unusual bordello on the edge of town. They don't just take your money for services rendered - they bleed their customers dry! But wisecracking private eye Rafe Guttman (Miller) is on the case, and soon he must battle not only a den of scantily clad vampiresses, but also the Reverend Jimmy Current (Chris Sarandon), a slick televangelist with an all-powerful talisman.

The thrills and chills come so fast you'll never know where this tale will beheading next.

Extras:
Scene Access
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
It has been a while since I watched this one last! I have always been a big fan of the Tales from the Crypt TV Series... so was thrilled when I first heard they were making some Tales from the Crypt movies. Extra thrilled when I heard they were making a vampire movie. I don't normally care much for Dennis Miller... but I actually enjoyed him in this one. I also enjoyed Erika Eleniak in it as well. This is just a fun vampire movie... with a nice amount of eye candy for us guys.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 80
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
Title: Carnival of Souls: The Criterion Collection
Year: 1962
Director: Herk Harvey
Rating: NR
Length: 78 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Candace Hilligoss
Frances Feist
Sidney Berger
Art Ellison
Stan Levitt
Tom McGinnis

Plot:
Herk Harvey's macabre masterpiece gained a cult following through late night television and has been bootlegged for years. Made by industrial filmmakers on a modest budget, Carnival of Souls was intended to have the "look of a Bergman" and "feel of a Cocteau," and succeeds with its strikingly used locations and spooky organ score. Mary Henry (Candace Hilligoss) survives a drag race in a rural Kansas town, then takes a job as a church organist in Salt Lake City. En route, she becomes haunted by a bizarre apparition that compels her to an abandoned lakeside pavilion. Criterion is proud to present the ultimate special edition of this eerily effective B-movie classic that continues to inspire filmmakers today.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Production Notes
Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
This is one I have watched a few times before. I originally got this one in a cheaply made freebie boxset. After enjoying it so much a friend of mine got me the 2 disc Criterion edition for my birthday a couple years ago. I really have a hard time putting my finger on what it is about this movie I like so much... so it is a really hard one to review. It really is kinda different then what I usually watch. But I think it is definitely worth checking out.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 81
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2010, 06:03:09 PM »
Title: Trilogy of Terror: Special Edition
Year: 1975
Director: Dan Curtis
Rating: NR
Length: 72 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Karen Black
Robert Burton
John Karlen
George Gaynes
James Storm
Kathryn Reynolds

Plot:
Legendary producer/director Dan Curtis (Dark Shadows, The Night Stalker) teams up with writers Richard Matheson (I Am Legend, The Twilight Zone) and William F. Nolan (Logan's Run, Burnt Offerings) to present three tales of horrific suspense in this made-for-television anthology that also showcases the tremendous acting talent of Karen Black (House of 1,000 Corpses, Easy Rider), who plays four distinct roles. In "Julie," an aggressive college student seduces and ultimately blackmails his seemingly shy English professor. In "Millicent and Therese," two polar-opposite sisters become increasingly hell-bent on the undoing of one another. And in "Amelia," a woman falls prey to a murderous Zuni fetish doll.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This is a TV movie from back in the '70s.  Remembering back to when I was a manager of our local video store... this movie was in great demand. Unfortunately at the time I never got to see it myself as the store's copy disappeared and none of our distributors at the time could locate a new copy for us (this is back in the VHS days). So the first time I got to see this movie was when I first got it on DVD back in 2007. And I must say I enjoyed it very much!

The first story,Julie, Karen Black plays a College Professor who gets seduced and blackmailed (as the cover says).I liked how the student didn't have as much control over things as he thought he did. An enjoyable segment... but not my favorite.

The next story is Millicent and Therese where we have some sibling rivalry.  This one, while I still enjoyed it, it wasn't as good as the first one. So this one has to be my least favorite segment of the movie.

The final story, Amelia, a woman falls prey to a murderous Zuni Fetish Doll. This is my favorite segment of the entire movie. It was very well done... especially for the time. And I just couldn't help but to get a kick out of that Zuni Fetish Doll. And as much as I liked that little guy... I must say the final scene is really what clinched this segment for me.

The DVD itself While good I am a little disappointed. The audio and video is just fine on my 24in standard TV. But I have a bit of a hard time with them calling this a special edition. All there is... is 2 featurettes and a commentary track. That seems to me a little slim to be calling it a special edition. But with that all said... I really enjoyed watching this movie again.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 82
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2010, 07:54:45 PM »
Title: Dead Teenagers
Year: 2006
Director: Chris LaMartina
Rating: Unrated
Length: 71 Min.

Stars:
Corey Schuler
Kyle Good
Rich Bolen
Danny Costa

Plot:
On a dark autumn eve, a college student finds a mysterious book in his campus library. Within it's pages he finds four gruesome tales of ghosts, werewolves, vampires and the unknown.

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This movie is in a cheap boxset I got from Mills Creek called Mortuary of Madness. This movie is an Anthology. It has 4 stories in the one movie. The wrap around story pretty much sucked. Basically non-existent as it was no more then a guy finding a hand-written book in the library and he was reading the stories that someone wrote in the notebook. The first story I didn't care for at all really. It was more confusing then anything. I still not sure what it was I watched to be honest. By this time I was thinking another looser of a movie. Then it went back to the guy reading the book in the library... he turns the page and you see the title and a drawing of a werewolf.  I like werewolves so I decided to continue to watch. Now this story... while it took a few minutes.. it just grabbed me. I found myself enjoying this movie... I thought cool! The third story is a ghost story. Now this one I really loved! I was actually glued to the TV off one of these movies!?!? What a pleasant surprise. The fourth and final story in this anthology is a vampire story. This one I didn't care as much for as I did stories numbers 2 & 3... but it is definitely quite a bit better then the first one.

The movie itself actually has a feel of a student movie. Definitely low budget... the acting is fair at best... and the effects are almost non-existent. But the stories... these stories are more then enjoyable... they were definitely well done. Well...except for the first one and the wrap around anyway. I am really pleasantly surprised to be able to give this movie such a high rating (Probably too high of a rating). Especially considering that the acting and the effects both need help. But for me at least... the writer(s) made this film. So much so that you really don't care about the downfalls of the movie.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 83
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »
Title: The Hollow
Year: 2004
Director: Kyle Newman
Length: 83 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Kevin Zegers
Kaley Cuoco
Nick Carter
Ben Scott
Stacey Keach
Judge Reinhold

Plot:
Restless spirits stir this Hollow's Eve, beckoning Ian Cranston (Kevin Zegers, Dawn of the Dead), the last blood relative of Ichabod Crane, back to Sleepy Hollow. Thundering hooves unleash a wave of bone-chilling screams as the ghost of the Headless Horseman rides again! Ian must try to save the town and his girlfriend, Karen (Karley Cuoco, "8 Simple Rules") and determine wheather the sword-wielding stalker is their clownish classmate, Brody (Nick Carter, Backstreet Boys) in costume, or the dark rider himself. If it's truly the Headless Horseman...how do you kill what's already dead?

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I am watching this one for Kaley Cuoco who I know from the series Charmed (Billie) and The Big Bang Theory (Penny). I originally bought this movie (about 3 yrs. ago) because of her being in it. That and because I always like the story of Sleepy Hollow. Nick Carter played a real jerk in the movie... and he did a better then I expected job. Not a great actor... but not terrible either. I think Kaley Cuoco did a fine job as well. I have mixed feelings about the pumpkin head on the Headless Horseman... it was some pretty cool graphics for sure... but there just seemed to be something slightly off about it. The movie itself is no more then a fun... leave your brain at the door.. popcorn movie. One that I really like a lot. Probably a little more then I should. The DVD itself is fine quality wise.... just nothing really offered in the line of extras. This is now the 4th time I watched this movie since I bought it.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 84
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2010, 10:58:19 PM »
Are You Afraid of the Dark: Season 5
Season six will be a season of mystery and shadow.  Heaven and Hell have been left in complete disarray since the apocalyptic events of season five.  And now, monsters, angels and demons roam across a lawless and chaotic landscape.  And so Dean Winchester, who has retired from hunting and sworn never to return, finds himself being pulled back into his old life – pulled back by none other than Sam Winchester, who has escaped from Hell.  The two reunite to beat back the rising tide of creatures and demon-spawn, but they quickly realize that neither are who they used to be, their relationship isn’t what it used to be, and that nothing is what it seems.

Episodes Watched:
Tale of the Night Shift
Amanda works the night shift at a hospital where she sees that all the employees are acting strange and weak around her.

My Thoughts:
When Brittany saw that her next episode in her Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon was a vampire episode she wanted me to watch it with her because she knows how much I like vampire stories. This one is pretty good for a kid series. I did enjoy the whole storyline. The only thing I really had anything against is the make-up for the main vampire. But over-all it is worth watching.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 84
TV Ep. Count: 48 I Made It! (10/20)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2010, 11:24:50 PM »
It's the second time you watch Dead Teenagers no? It must be good if it is the case... I'll try to watch it this week.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2010, 11:30:28 PM »
Yeah... I did watch it when I first got the set. I did like it ... but as I said... very low budget... student film like. Acting needs improvement too... it is the actual stories (writing) that made the movie for me. Kept me interested. Just don;t be discouraged by the first segment.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2010, 12:29:06 AM »
Title: The Monster Squad: Two-Disc 20th Anniversary Edition
Year: 1987
Director: Fred Dekker
Length: 82 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
André Gower
Robbie Kiger
Stephen Macht
Duncan Regehr
Tom Noonan
Brent Chalem

Plot:
You know who to call when you have ghosts, but who do you call about monsters? Whether it's a bat in your belfry or a mummy in your microwave, THE MONSTER SQUAD ain't afraid of no ghouls!

Count Dracula has until midnight to retrieve an ancient amulet that will give him final control over the delicate balance between good and evil in the world. To help him, the creepy count calls on some old friends: the weird Wolfman, grotesque Gill-Man, mildewed Mummy and freaky Frankenstein. As the ghoulish group gets closer to the amulet, it's up to THE MONSTER SQUAD, headquartered in the local tree house, to pool its questionable resources and stop the monster mayhem!

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Interviews
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I felt like watching something that is just plain fun next. So I pulled out The Monster Squad. This one is an old favorite of mine. Always good for a few laughs... the lines "the Wolfman has nards!" and "Well Steve... but he doesn't count!" gets me laughing every time I watch this movie. I like how they have most all the classic monsters in this movie. They made the story fun and interesting at the same time. This movie would make a good introduction for kids that are curios about horror movies. If by chance you never seen this movie I would definitely recommend it to all.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 85
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2010, 04:32:49 PM »
Title: The Boy Who Cried Werewolf
Year: 2010
Director: Eric Bross
Rating: TV-G
Length: 120 Min. (with commercials)

Stars:
Victoria Justice
Brooke Shields
Chase Ellison
Ben Cotton
Brooke D'Orsay

Plot:
Jordan Sands (Victoria Justice) is a hot, allergy-prone 17-year-old girl forced to be the woman of the house after her mother’s death. Her father, David (Matt Winston), is struggling to make ends meet while her younger brother, Hunter (Chase Ellison), drives his family crazy with gory pranks. Things start to look up when they inherit their Great Uncle Dragomir Vucovic’s castle in Wolfsberg, Romania which could relieve them of their financial woes. After arriving in Wolfsberg during Moonlight Mania which honors the infamous Wolfsberg Beast, they meet the strange and steely Madame Varcolac (Brooke Shields) who currently cares for Uncle Dragomir’s ancient castle.

Having spent most of her life as the Wolfsberg Manor housekeeper, Madame V discourages David from selling the property, but perky real estate agent Paulina Von Eckberg (Brooke D’Orsay) has other plans in mind. Not everything is what it seems in this town and the Sands’ visit goes awry when a freak lab accident gradually transforms Jordan into a werewolf. As her body changes, so does her personality. Jordan becomes a graceful, athletic, self-confident young woman. However, Jordan’s dark, hairy side is dangerous to others and the change confuses her new suitor, Goran (Steven Grayhm), the town’s young, attractive butcher. In order to salvage her crush and return back to her normal self, Jordan must rely on her pesky little brother and Madame V to save her before it’s too late.

My Thoughts:
Brittany went on and on about this new Nickelodeon movie airing last night... and how I like both werewolf movies as well as family entertainment I went ahead and recorded this one to watch today. For about the first half hour I didn't think much was going to come from this one. Then once the girl was infected it picked up. And it continued to pick up through the rest of the movie. It got to the point that I was really enjoying it. It surprised me just how much I did get into it... I could actually see myself getting a DVD release if one comes out.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 86
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 24, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »
Title: The Return of the Living Dead: Collector's Edition
Year: 1985
Director: Dan O'Bannon
Length: 91 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Mono, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish, Other

Stars:
Clu Gulager
James Karen
Don Calfa
Thom Mathews
Beverly Randolph
John Philbin

Plot:
Just when you though it was safe to go back to the cemetery - those brain-eating zombies are back and hungry for more tasty mortals. A fiendish mix of outrageous humor and heart-stopping terror. The Return of the Living Dead is a "veritable smorgasbord of fun" (LA Herald-Examiner) filled with skin-crawling jolts, eye-popping visuals and relentless suprise!

On his first day on the job at an army surplus store, poor Freddy unwittingly releases nerve gas from a secret U.S. military canister, unleashing a unbelievable terror. The gas re-animates a corps of corpses, who arise from their graves with a ravenous hunger for human brains! And luckily for those carnivorous cadavers, there is a group of partying teens nearby, just waiting to be eaten!

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Featurettes
Closed Captioned
Zombie subtitles for the film

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I have always enjoyed quite a bit. It has a nice mixture of horror and comedy that is just fun to watch. I really liked Linnea Quigley's character in this one. And thought it was a nice touch that they made it so her worse fear is realized in this movie.

This Collector's Edition DVD has a nice Easter Egg. There is a zombie subtitle track where all you get is grrr's ugghhh's.. this is not the one I am talking about here. If you go to that zombie subtitle track... highlight "Off" and press up on your remote you will be on a hidden red brain. Press enter here and you get a note from the zombies saying they didn't like how they were portrayed in that subtitle track.... that they are not mindless like that. And you get the option of subtitles of the zombie's thoughts. The last time I watched this movie... I watched it with his track on. I enjoyed it quite a bit. There was more then once that I was literally laughing out loud reading these "Zombie Thoughts". I felt it really added to the movie. Of course it I wouldn't watch this movie with them on all the time... but I do see it as something I would want to do again... maybe the next time I watch it.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 87
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2010, 02:34:11 PM »
Supernatural: Season 6
Season six will be a season of mystery and shadow.  Heaven and Hell have been left in complete disarray since the apocalyptic events of season five.  And now, monsters, angels and demons roam across a lawless and chaotic landscape.  And so Dean Winchester, who has retired from hunting and sworn never to return, finds himself being pulled back into his old life – pulled back by none other than Sam Winchester, who has escaped from Hell.  The two reunite to beat back the rising tide of creatures and demon-spawn, but they quickly realize that neither are who they used to be, their relationship isn’t what it used to be, and that nothing is what it seems.

Episode Watched:
Live Free or Twihard
After young girls go missing, Dean and Sam realize vampires have come to town; Dean is infected while fighting a vampire.

My Thoughts:
Absolutely excellent episode... probably my favorite of the new season so far. But then you probably realize that being about vampires. The storyline fit in well with the recent vampire craze do to the Twilight series... tells how real vampires would take advantage of the situation.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 87
TV Ep. Count: 49 I Made It! (10/20)
Pete