Author Topic: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2010  (Read 155095 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2010
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2010, 11:41:24 PM »
Supernatural: The Complete Fourth Season
RESURRECTION. AFTER ENDURING UNSPEAKABLE TORTURE, DEAN ESCAPES FROM HELL, rescued by an all-powerful creature he's never seen before: an Angel. This warrior of God who recruits Sam and Dean in Heaven's battle against Hell, amid whispers that a certain Fallen Angel will soon be freed from his prison deep in Hell: Lucifer. If Sam and Dean can't stop it – if Lucifer walks free – he'll bring on the Apocalypse. Meanwhile, the Winchester brothers reunite and hit the road, battling the supernatural wherever they go. They encounter demons, spirits, Dracula himself and even a drunk, heavily armed 7-foot-tall teddy bear. All the while, the ultimate war draws them into its horror throughout this enthralling 6-Disc, 22-Episode Season Four. Caught between Heaven and Hell, between God and the Devil, the Winchester brothers must battle for the future of humankind.

ARE YOU THERE, GOD? IT’S ME, DEAN WINCHESTER
After Dean’s encounter with Castiel, Dean, Sam and Bobby brush up on their biblical lore when they’re attacked by the vengeful spirits of people from the Winchester’s past. They’re warned it’s a sign that someone is trying to break seals which will bring on the apocalypse.

My Thoughts:
This is a good continuation of the last episode. I liked how they had to face the spirits of those they failed in the past. I was cool to see some of the characters again.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 16
TV Ep. Count: 8
Other Count: 0
Time Started: 5:00pm
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2010, 12:25:30 AM »
RESURRECTION. AFTER ENDURING UNSPEAKABLE TORTURE, DEAN ESCAPES FROM HELL, rescued by an all-powerful creature he's never seen before: an Angel. This warrior of God who recruits Sam and Dean in Heaven's battle against Hell, amid whispers that a certain Fallen Angel will soon be freed from his prison deep in Hell: Lucifer. If Sam and Dean can't stop it – if Lucifer walks free – he'll bring on the Apocalypse. Meanwhile, the Winchester brothers reunite and hit the road, battling the supernatural wherever they go. They encounter demons, spirits, Dracula himself and even a drunk, heavily armed 7-foot-tall teddy bear. All the while, the ultimate war draws them into its horror throughout this enthralling 6-Disc, 22-Episode Season Four. Caught between Heaven and Hell, between God and the Devil, the Winchester brothers must battle for the future of humankind.

IN THE BEGINNING
Back to the future. Castiel sends Dean to 1973 Lawrence, Kansas where he meets a nice young couple named John and Mary Winchester, Dean’s parents. And Mary has a secret.

My Thoughts:
A little time traveling for Dean in this episode. Another episode I enjoyed very much. It was good to see some background into the Winchester family.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 9
Time Started: 5:45pm
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 01:07:25 AM »

METAMORPHOSIS
Dark powers. Dean fears Sam is using his paranormal gifts in conflict with God’s plan. And an ordinary guy in an ordinary town gets a major case of the munchies. It starts with steak - and moves to human flesh.

My Thoughts:
Another good... interesting episode. I really liked the storyline on this one. The effects on this one is pretty good too. Lots of blood... especially in one of the later scenes.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 10
Time Started: 6:30pm
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2010, 02:20:51 AM »

MONSTER MOVIE
In a black-and-white world reminiscent of classic horror flicks, the brothers tangle with a vampire, a werewolf and a mummy who are thinning the crowds at a quaint Oktoberfest.

My Thoughts:
This is an episode I was waiting to see again... as I remembered really enjoying when it originally aired. I loved how they even made the opening credits look like the old time black and white monster movies. I just found this to be such a fun and entertaining way to do an episode. Even though some of it is rather silly... it is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 11
Time Started: 7:45pm
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2010, 08:13:43 PM »
Title: Monster High
Year: 1989
Director: Rüdiger Poe
Rating: R
Length: 84 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Japanese

Stars:
Dean Iandoli
Diana Frank
David Marriott
Robert M. Lind
Sean Haines
D. J. Kerzner

Plot:
Every school has its share of space cadets, but this semester, MONtgomery STERling HIGH is about to get theirs, complete with real live ray-guns, in this spaced-out sci-fi comedy. When all-American average guy Norm Median meets fatally-attractive Candace Caine the first day of fall term, they're both too distracted to notice the weird new "transfer" students, even if they include a fashion-conscious zombie, a killer plant and a stone gargoyle. Hey, some kids are like that. But when their leader - famous inter-galactic terrorist Mr. Armageddon - drops in with global destruction on his mind, Norm has to think fast. The end seems near until Norm suggests challenging Mr. A's "team" to a basketball game for the fate of the earth. The stakes are high, if the planet is destroyed, it would seriously wreck Norman's chances with Candace but no one said being a senior was easy in the cosmically-campy campus comedy, MONSTER HIGH.

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I found this Comedy Horror at Big Lots for only $3.00... thankfully I didn't pay more then that. I went in not expecting much of anything... but this is truly one extremely silly and cheesy movie. Sure there may have been a chuckle or two here and there... and the fact that it had some bare boobs for no apparent reason what so even didn't bother me either... but over-all it is pretty bad. It is not something I could recommend to anyone.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 17
Time Started: 12:30pm
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2010, 01:27:10 AM »
Title: Tremors: Collector's Edition
Year: 1990
Director: Ron Underwood
Rating: PG-13
Length: 96 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: Spanish

Stars:
Kevin Bacon
Fred Ward
Finn Carter
Michael Gross
Reba McEntire
Bobby Jacoby

Plot:
Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward star as two country handymen who lead a cast of zany characters to safety in this exciting sci-fi creature comedy.

Just as Val McKee (Bacon) and Earl Basset (Ward) decide to leave Perfection, Nevada, strange rumblings prevent their departure. With the help of a shapely seismology student (Finn Carter), they discover their desolate town is infested with gigantic man-eating creatures that live below the ground.

The race is on to overcome these slimy subterraneans and find a way to higher ground, in this enjoyable thriller co-starring Michael Gross and Reba McEntire.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Production Notes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a movie that for some reason I always enjoyed... ever since I brought it home the very first time... when I rented it on VHS. Wow that was a long time ago. One thing I really liked about this... is you don't have to be a horror fan to enjoy this monster movie. My brother (who hates horror) loves this series of movies. This is what I personally call a "light horror". It is a nice mix of horror and comedy. And even now when I watch it (after watching the entire series of Reba) don't recognize Reba McIntyre when she is on the screen... though her voice with her accent is unmistakable. The DVD release is really good. nice quality and a nice collection of extras! What more can you ask?

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 18
Time Started: 5:30pm
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:30:18 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »
Title: Village of the Damned
Year: 1960
Director: Wolf Rilla
Rating: NR
Length: 77 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
George Sanders
Barbara Shelley
Martin Stephens
Michael Gwynn
Laurence Naismith
The Villagers

Plot:
Something is seriously amiss in the tiny British village of Midwich. At 11 a.m. one morning, every village resident suddenly falls asleep — and then, just as suddenly, everyone wakes up, completely unaffected by the phenomenon. Well, not completely: virtually every woman of childbearing years has become pregnant. All the babies are born on the same night, at precisely the same moment. All look the same, weigh the same, and even have the same curious cross-hatched hair and underdeveloped fingernails. Four years later, the children have all prematurely reached the age of nine or so — and all behave in a weird, conspiratorial manner, comporting themselves more like adults than kids. Resident scientist George Sanders, one of the fathers, surmises that the bizarre manner of the children — from their zombie-like movements to their cold, staring eyes — is the result of radioactivity, possibly extraterrestrial in nature. One thing is certain: the children possess powers far beyond those of ordinary mortals. And they must be stopped.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:
I have been wanting to see this movie every since I saw the remake when it was first released. I am glad I finally got to see the original. One I enjoyed very much. Sure some of the few effects they used could have been better. But the glowing of the kids eyes was cool. Now that I have seen the original I can say the remake stayed pretty true to the original... but I prefer the original. One thing is that I liked how the characters were portrayed better. And another... I think the story in black and white added to the eeriness of the movie. I can see myself watching this one again. If you have only ever seen the remake... and enjoyed it... I must urge you to give the original a try.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 19
Time Started: 4:45am
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »
100 Years of Horror: The Complete Collection
This frightfully fascinating five-DVD set chronicles the history of movie horror from earliest experimental chillers through the unforgettable "golden age of movie monsters" and on through today's graphic horror films in 26 horrific, half-hour shows. Hosted by Christopher Lee, the screen's legendary King of Horror, the series features appearances by Robert De Niro, Jamie Lee Curtis, Hugh Hefner, Charlton Heston, Kenneth Branagh, Joe Dante, and many more.

Also featured are rare interviews with Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney Jr., Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, and Claude Rains. Included as a special bonus are never-before-seen interviews with the friends and families of the legendary names of horror such as Bela Lugosi, Jr.; Boris Karloff's daughter, Sarah Karloff; Claude Rains' daughter, Jessica Rains, and more.

The collection also includes chilling scenes from such classics as Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, The Mummy, The Phantom Of The Opera, The Hunchback Of Notre Dame, The Creature From The Black Lagoon, and The Invasion of the Body Snatchers as well as more recent chillers such as Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Halloween, Poltergeist and The Haunting. Plus home movies from the sets of horror classics, outtakes, screen tests, previously "lost" films, and other exciting surprises. Easily the most interesting and informative horror chronology ever assembled.

Short Watched:
Ghosts
Nothing like a good ghost story - except a century's worth of films filled with more ghost stories.

My Thoughts:
This is a nice little (22min) documentary short on ghost films. It had clips from movies that I knew and ones that I didn't know. Giving me some ideas for future purchases. I was particularly interested in the first one they mentioned... The Uninvited. As new as I am to the classic horrors... I was surprised to see I knew more of the movies mentioned then ones I didn't know.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 19
Other Count: 1
Time Started: 6:45am
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »
Title: The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
Year: 1966
Director: Alan Rafkin
Length: 90 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen :1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Mono

Stars:
Don Knotts
Joan Staley
Liam Redmond
Dick Sargent
Skip Homeier

Plot:
To convince his boss to let him be a reporter, lowly newspaper typesetter Luther Heggs (Knotts) decides to spend a night at an old haunted house hoping to solve a 20-year-old murder case. After encountering a ghost, he pens a story that makes front-page news. But when he fails to back up his claim, Luthor's branded a fraud - until he and his devoted girlfriend team up to uncover the mystery of the ghostly goings-on in this side-splitting film that will have you screaming with laughter.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:
Sure... this is more comedy then anything. But I felt it fit good in the spirit of Halloween. I haven't seen this movie in years. Not since I was a kid. About 30yrs ago! And I while I did enjoy it... it wasn't as funny as I remembered it being as a kid. But I did like it enough to say it will probably be the best movie I got in this Don Knotts box set.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 20
Time Started: 8:00am
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2010, 06:12:13 PM »
Title: Decoys
Year: 2004
Director: Matt Hastings
Length: 96 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Corey Sevier
Stefanie von Pfetten
Kim Poirier
Elias Toufexis
Meghan Ory
Enis Esmer

Plot:
Some students aren't exactly what they seem to be in DECOYS, a sci-fi/horror adventure starring Kim Poirier (Dawn of the Dead), Richard Burgi (Starship Troopers 2), Corey Sevier (TV's "North Shore") and Nicole Eggert (TV's "Baywatch").

If college coeds Lily and Constance look like two out-of-this-world blonde beauties, that's because they're actually intergalactic space invaders with a mission: to breed with humans before taking over the Earth. And even though the girls' mating skills have proven fatal to their victims, they keep on trying. So when Luke, a hard-partying freshman, accidentally witnesses the shapely shape-shifters in their full-bodied alien state, he knows it's up to him to save the planet before he truly gets wasted.

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I went into this one not expecting too much.... and it is a good thing I didn't. While not a terribly bad movie... it was no more then an average low-budget fair. It seemed like I seen it all before. It was like they took the idea of 2 or 3 different movies... slapped it together.... and then put it into a cold setting. It even had the all too expected "surprise" ending that I saw coming a mile away. I would say the only thing this one really had going for it is pretty girls in skimpy clothes. Well the did make the aliens in their natural form look pretty cool... but even that reminded me of aliens from another movie.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 21
Time Started: 10:30am
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2010, 08:10:39 PM »
Title: The Final Destination
Year: 2009
Director: David R. Ellis
Length: 82 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Bobby Campo
Shantel VanSanten
Nick Zano
Haley Webb
Mykelti Williamson
Krista Allen

Plot:
The movie series that taps into your deepest fears returns with a new and imaginative chapter that delivers the expected — in so many keep-you-guessing, unexpected ways! A strange premonition causes friends to abandon their day at the speedway, just before a crushing pileup hurtles cars into the bleachers with fiery consequences. They have cheated Death. But Death is only getting started. From the director of Snakes on a Plane comes the eerie, innovative tale of the friends' fierce fight to keep themselves and others alive.

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes

My Thoughts:
I have heard from more then one person that this movie sucks... but I wanted to see it anyway since I liked all 3 of the previous films. And it is a good thing I didn't listen to them... as I enjoyed every minute of it. I like to watch movies that I don't even have to think about at times. Ones where I can just sit back and watch the mayhem.... watch the blood flow... watch the pure gore of people getting torn apart. And all of that is here. This is definitely not for you if you don't like the gory movies. So while you may not agree with me... this is one I liked a lot... one I am glad I have added to my Final Destination collection.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 22
Time Started: 12:30pm
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2010, 01:53:05 AM »
Title: A Nightmare on Elm Street
Year: 2010
Director: Samuel Bayer
Length: 95 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Jackie Earle Haley
Kyle Gallner
Rooney Mara
Katie Cassidy
Thomas Dekker
Kellan Lutz

Plot:
Five teenage friends living on one street all dream of a sinister man with a disfigured face, a frightening voice and a gardener's glove with knives for fingers. One by one, he terrorizes them within their dreams – where the rules are his and the only way out is to wake up. But when one among them dies, they soon realize that what happens in their dreams happens for real and the only way to stay alive is to stay awake. Buried in their past is a debut that has just come due. To save themselves, they must plunge into the mind of the most twisted nightmare of all: Freddy Krueger. Jackie Earle Haley plays the legendary evildoer in this contemporary reimagining of the seminal horror classic.

Extras:
Scene Access
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I have always loved the Nightmare on Elm Street films. So while in one way I looked forward to this movie... I also dreaded it... as I always thought it was Robert Englund that made this franchise what it is. So I was a little more then concerned when I heard he wouldn't be playing Freddy Krueger.

While it isn't a bad movie... I was left a bit disappointed. I could enjoy it for what it is.... but I definitely prefer the original over this remake. First of all there was something off about Freddy. While I could get used to the different voice... they made him less comedic which is a good thing of course. But at the same time they still wanted him to mouth off a bit. And I just don't think they were able to pull off the combination as well as they should have. Then there is the character of Nancy... which is a character I really liked in the original... but in the remake she just wasn't nearly as a likable character. Other then that I did enjoy the movie for what it is... and I am not sorry I got it. I can definitely see myself watching it again.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 23
Time Started: 6:30pm
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2010, 01:38:15 PM »
Title: Boogeymen: The Killer Compilation
Year: 2001
Director:
Length: 58 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Doug Bradley
Grace Kirby
Simon Bamford
Nicholas Vince
Andrew Robinson
Ashley Laurence

Plot:
The scariest boogeymen ever to appear on film!
Together for the first time!
In the ultimate horror experience!

The Killer Compilation Of Scenes From:
Pinhead: Clive Barker's Hellraiser
Freddy Kreuger: A Nightmare on Elm Street
Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Ghostface: Scream
Chucky: Child's Play 2
Candyman: Candyman
Leprechaun: Leprechaun
Simon: The Ugly
Wishmaster: Wishmaster
Camilla: The Guardian
Fisherman: I Know What You Did Last Summer
The Dentist: The Dentist
The Tall Man: Phantasm
Blade: Puppetmaster
Norman Bates: Psycho
Jason Voorhees: Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
Michael Myers: Halloween

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Production Notes
Interactive Games
DVD-ROM Content

My Thoughts:
It has been years since I watched this disc. It has been up over 7yrs. So long in fact I forgot what this disc was. when I popped it in I was thinking it was a documentary. But it is no more then a clip show.... showing scenes from different horror movies. But it is still a fun watch. I would say that this would have given me an idea of what I wanted to watch next... but not today. I wanted to see them all again... and now can't decide what I want to pop in next.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Other Count: 2
Time Started: 6:30am
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »
Title: Criss Angel: Mindfreak: Halloween
Year: 2005
Director:
Length: 43 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
Criss Angel

Plot:
Magic's biggest star hosts a Halloween extravaganza, filled with tricks and treats--and mystifyer Criss Angel's freakiest feat yet!

The Mindfreak himself descends upon Hollywood's famous Magic Castle and his hometown in New York to deliver the most cutting-edge and death-defying demonstrations in magic today. Criss crashes Joaquin Ayala's performance when he literally jumps into the body of the unsuspecting magician in the never-before-seen "Matrix" effect before hitting amazed audiences with mysticism and mentalism from the Magic Castle stage. Before Halloween ends, Criss will be shackled, handcuffed, and nailed into a pine casket en route to an industrial BioChipper as friends, fans, and family look on in horror.

Lock the doors... turn on the lights... and prepare to experience Halloween... Criss Angel style.

Extras:
Scene Access
Two Best of Episodes from Season One

My Thoughts:
This is really the first time I actually took the time and watch something of Criss Angel. I have seen clips of him here and there before... but never a full show. He is a little too much of a rocker for my taste... but I have to admit he can put on a fantastic show. I like all the up close and personal stuff he has done with the audience... and the main trick of the coffin through the wood chipper... while I seen the whole actually going through the chipper coming it is still an amazing trick. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I may have to seek out the season sets of his show now.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 12
Time Started: 8:00am
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2010, 05:30:43 PM »
Title: Critters: 4 Film Favorites
Year: 1986
Director: Stephen Herek
Rating: PG-13
Length: 86 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Dee Wallace Stone
M. Emmet Walsh
Billy Green Bush
Scott Grimes
Nadine Van Der Velde
Don Opper

Plot:
It's no picnic for the Brown family when a lethal litter of carnivorous aliens arrives unannounced at their Kansas farm. Trapped in a deadly nightmare, the terrified Browns fight for their lives against the attacking bloodthirsty monsters. But it's a losing battle until two intergalactic bounty hunters arrive, determined to blow the hellish creatures off the planet! It's an alien adventure, full of action and just crawling with CRITTERS!

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
DVD-ROM Content
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Well... this one is a real blast from the past for me.I used to watch the Critter movies all the time when they first came out. But this is the first time I seen them in a good 15 to 20 years! I still found this to be a fun and  entertaining movie. The Critters is just a blast to watch... and you can't help but to chuckle at some of the subtitles of what the Critters are saying. After all these years this movie held up rather well for me. I just hope now the next 3 did as well. Though I really can't remember them at all.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 24
TV Ep. Count: 12
Time Started: 10:00am
Pete