Author Topic: Bad Boys  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Bad Boys
« on: September 13, 2010, 07:54:31 AM »
Bad Boys

From director Michael Bay (THE ROCK, ARMAGEDDON) and the production team of Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer (BEVERLY HILLS COP, TOP GUN) comes a thrill ride of explosive action from beginning to end.

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence team up as partners in crime, crime-fighting that is, in this action-packed flick about a couple of good guys who are real BAD BOYS!

One hundred million dollars worth of confiscated heroin has just been jacked from police custody. Once the career bust of Detectives Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence), the missing drugs now threaten to shut down the narcotics division of the Miami Police Department.

When the drug investigation turns deadly, the murderers kidnap the only witness – a beautiful police informant (Téa Leoni) and close friend of The Boys – and things get personal! Fast cars, a gorgeous woman and non-stop action make BAD BOYS a guaranteed good time!

My Thoughts

This is a mindless action movie, but it is done well and is entertaining.  The plot is interesting and has a lot going on without it being that complicated.  I do think the plot could have been a little stronger.  I also think that things with Julie thinking that Marcus is Mike could have been handled a bit better instead of having the two guys pretend to be each other for so long.  There really isn't any mystery to the plot since it is known basically right away who the bad guy is. 

There is a lot of action throughout the movie with explosions and shootings and some fights.  The action is a bit over the top, though it is tame compared to what Michael Bay does now.  The action scenes are done well and do keep things moving.  There is a lot of violence, some of it more graphic, so anyone with issues about violence will probably want to avoid this one.  There is a lot of swearing, something else that might bother some people.  Humor does turn up, usually from some things that are said by Mike or Marcus.  Julie makes a lot of cracks that I think are supposed to be funny that just seem a bit....snarky.

This movie has some issues, but it works as an entertaining action movie.

Bad Boys