Author Topic: Beverly Hills Cop II  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Beverly Hills Cop II
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:13:53 AM »
Beverly Hills Cop II

The heat's back on! And Eddie Murphy is cool as ever in this sizzling, smash-hit sequel to Beverly Hills Cop.

Axel Foley (Murphy) is back – back where he doesn't belong! He's going "deep, deep, deep undercover" into the chic wilds of Southern California, unleashing his arsenal of blazing gunfire and rapid-fire gags against a gang of international munitions smugglers.

Back, too, are Judge Reinhold and John Ashton as Murphy's crime-busting sidekicks. And Top Gun's director Tony Scott keeps the pace fast, furious and funny.

My Thoughts

I've probably seen this one as much as I've seen the first movie.  I do think the movie works very well.  The plot is interesting, and things are set up in a way that makes for Axel to go back to Beverly Hills.  It is established within the first few minutes that Axel has remained in touch with Bogomil, Rosewood and Taggart.  There isn't a lot of mystery, though it is still interesting and entertaining.  The plot is somewhat simple, though there are still a few minor surprises.

There is a decent amount of humor like there was in the first one.  Again, much of it is provided by Axel and the things he says and does.  Axel is a very entertaining character and I do like him.  Rosewood shows a bit of a different side with a few violent tendencies coming out in interesting ways.  Some of what happens is a bit silly, but it works for what is going on.  There are shootings and chases and even an explosion or two.  The action does help to keep things interesting.  The violence isn't that graphic for the most part, though one or two things are slightly more graphic.  There is a lot of swearing again.

The characters are likable overall and I like the cast in the parts. 
There are some extras on the DVD, but I haven't checked them out yet.

The movie is wonderfully entertaining.  I do think it is one of the better sequels made and it is definitely worth watching.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Beverly Hills Cop II